Armagh v Cavan Sun 8th June

Started by illdecide, May 07, 2014, 10:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrdeeds

The kicking was a disgrace and the player in question should get a year. To say he is the only culprit is bull. Armagh lads weren't exactly choirboys. As for the game itself Cavan's reliance on Mackey was shown and no one else was capable of breaking the game line Armagh created. People saying Cavan were negative must have being at a different game. Armagh played the negative stuff and broke at speed and power. Cavan were clueless when they got to the Armagh defensive line. Jack Brady is not inter county standard. Average club player and how can Jason McLoughlin start his first game of year on Jamie Clarke. Terry has his favourites and today exposes it.

Pangurban

Cavan were clearly guilty and should bear the brunt of what will hopefully be severe punishments. We dont need this sort of loutish behaviour.

Zip Code

Doubt anyone will mind drawing Cavan in the back door, their shooting was worse than Armagh's!

yellowcard

Good job Whelan and Tomas O Se are on the Sunday Game, neither shrinking violets in their day and I don't think they will sensationalise the melee.

yellowcard

Quote from: Zip Code on June 08, 2014, 10:06:25 PM
Doubt anyone will mind drawing Cavan in the back door, their shooting was worse than Armagh's!

No it wasn't. I would hazard a guess that Armagh had 15 wides, missed about four one on ones an dropped about 4 into the keepers arms.

JP

Away from the row I thought Armagh well deserved their victory. It was refreshing to see an organised defense, particulary impressive when you think that McKeever made the most appearances in the league with just 3 appearances. No way would we have got relegated if that defense had been available to us.

Kevin Dyas was my man of the match. Linked up play brilliantly. Euguene McVerry also more then justified his inclusion, him combined with Caolan Rafferty means we have plenty of the pace on the break.

Monaghan/Tyrone will be very difficult, but very happy with the Armagh display today.

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Does Rafferty miss the next match?

Sidney

It has been a vintage Ulster championship so far. Fighting, pulling, dragging, terrible football, negativity, defensive systems, rain, and Free Presbyterian levels of dourness. The only thing missing so far has been an off-tune rendition of Amhran na bhFiann by a young female singer over a faulty public address system.

mrdeeds

Picture doing the rounds of an armagh fan hitting a cavan player.

Sidney

Quote from: mrdeeds on June 08, 2014, 10:16:10 PM
The live shot was on the 9:00 news.

Zip Code

Post it and shame the tr**p if true?

Zip Code

Quote from: yellowcard on June 08, 2014, 10:08:03 PM
Quote from: Zip Code on June 08, 2014, 10:06:25 PM

No it wasn't. I would hazard a guess that Armagh had 15 wides, missed about four one on ones an dropped about 4 into the keepers arms.

I was basing it on % of shots to wides!

Sea The Stars

Disgraceful from Armagh lining up behind the wrong flag. It's clear what they were doing. They should be severely punished.

Sidney

Quote from: Zip Code on June 08, 2014, 10:26:02 PM

Post it and shame the tr**p if true?
Hold on, it could have been out of character. I'm told the spectator in question does not normally attack players during matches.

Sea The Stars

Do Armagh players know their own colours anymore?