tommysmith

Cavan wont mind them suspensions  :D

Bingo

mackers

Quote from: naka on June 12, 2014, 04:08:31 PM
Toner, donaghy , Mallon banned for 1 game
5k fine for Armagh
Needless to say they are appealing
Mallon can be seen fighting on the video footage and I thought he may get suspended but what evidence do they have on Toner or Donaghy?
TBH I couldn't care less what suspensions Cavan get.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

naka

Armagh will be confident that 2 out of 3 will get off.

tommysmith

Westside

Dunne is out regardless so only one ban for Cavan really. Great stuff.

What will the tr**p of a supporter that tried to hit Feargal Flanagan get I wonder?

EC Unique

Quote from: tommysmith on June 12, 2014, 05:28:19 PM
Quote from: Bingo on June 12, 2014, 04:49:17 PM
What did the band get?

Antrim and Donegal game.

Harsh! That's worse than any suspension.

Good to see the authorities stamping down on thuggery. How McKeever got off is a mystery.

At the same time it is a pity as I would rather see Tyrone face a full Armagh team. Ah well.

Armamike

The Irish news and to a lessor extent the Belfast tele should be backpaddling now after the insinuations they've been making all week especially over Dunne being targeted.  He was well caught out on that video clip.  Armagh should get Fergal Logan onside.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Bingo

Quote from: Armamike on June 12, 2014, 05:54:38 PM
The Irish news and to a lessor extent the Belfast tele should be backpaddling now after the insinuations they've been making all week especially over Dunne being targeted.  He was well caught out on that video clip.  Armagh should get Fergal Logan onside.

Would you go away and behave yourself FFS.

Plenty of over the top reaction on the row itself and this is the other end of the scale altogether  ::)

Armamike

I wasn't serious about Fergal Logan.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Throw ball

I read the debates today about parades before matches and was unsure which side I supported. I love the buzz it gives on championship day. But, in many ways it is like the solders marching in Red Square on May Day. Here on display are our men going to fight for their county. With this in mind are we really surprised when a bit of a brawl develops. Why should this be followed by mock distain and hypocritical comment. Despite what many may say there have been similar incidents down through time for most counties. Instead of following their mock horror and PC responses with suspensions they should be setting rules in place for these parades - or stop them.

Today the GAA did what Armagh people thought they would do. They came down heaviest on the 6 county team. Does that make me a bitter northerner. Probably. But we have lived our lives coping with bitterness. Gaelic was our escape. Today they have let us down.

I appreciate that penalties were always due. For the life of me I cannot see what Donaghy and Toner have done that was so bad in comparison to others. I also wonder how the Cavan player who kicked an Armagh player on the ground did not not suspended or the other that kicked Jamie as he left the parade. Most shocking for me though is how both counties got a similar fine when Cavan were involved in a similar incident less than a year ago. Where is the deterrent? Or is this proof of the mock horror?

There is also a fair chance that many of the players will win their appeals. I am sure those proposing the suspensions know this. Are the suspensions just headline makers? Those with agendas made Armagh the villains. They got the harsher punishment. The GAA reacting to media bluster has always annoyed me.

I hope the Armagh supporter caught throwing a punch has offered his apologies and received an appropriate ban

I am ranting off course and await the abuse.

armaghniac

The team that started the physical stuff should have had a punishment that reflects this.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

JP

Quote from: Throw ball on June 12, 2014, 06:32:04 PM
I read the debates today about parades before matches and was unsure which side I supported. I love the buzz it gives on championship day. But, in many ways it is like the solders marching in Red Square on May Day. Here on display are our men going to fight for their county. With this in mind are we really surprised when a bit of a brawl develops. Why should this be followed by mock distain and hypocritical comment. Despite what many may say there have been similar incidents down through time for most counties. Instead of following their mock horror and PC responses with suspensions they should be setting rules in place for these parades - or stop them.

Today the GAA did what Armagh people thought they would do. They came down heaviest on the 6 county team. Does that make me a bitter northerner. Probably. But we have lived our lives coping with bitterness. Gaelic was our escape. Today they have let us down.

I appreciate that penalties were always due. For the life of me I cannot see what Donaghy and Toner have done that was so bad in comparison to others. I also wonder how the Cavan player who kicked an Armagh player on the ground did not not suspended or the other that kicked Jamie as he left the parade. Most shocking for me though is how both counties got a similar fine when Cavan were involved in a similar incident less than a year ago. Where is the deterrent? Or is this proof of the mock horror?

There is also a fair chance that many of the players will win their appeals. I am sure those proposing the suspensions know this. Are the suspensions just headline makers? Those with agendas made Armagh the villains. They got the harsher punishment. The GAA reacting to media bluster has always annoyed me.

I hope the Armagh supporter caught throwing a punch has offered his apologies and received an appropriate ban

I am ranting off course and await the abuse.

+1

Good point about Cavan and Armagh receiving the same fine despite Cavan being involved in a fracus last year. I can't remember exactly what caused the row last year but surely with any other penalty, it escalates with each repeat offense, why does that not apply here?

Toner and Donaghy to get off on appeal and we can move on. Otherwise the injustice of this will linger on.

JP

It's annoying that Cavan started the row, yet they have a player suspended that injured himself punching someone, so he wouldn't be playing anyway. Effectively they have one player suspended in a backdoor game against Westmeath.

While Armagh have 3 senior players all suspended for our biggest game in 3 years.