Longford v Offaly - LSFC 18th May 2014 Pearse Park Longford

Started by Shamrock Shore, May 05, 2014, 12:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

Here we go again boys and girls.

Time to get optimistic again for a wee while.

Longford go into this short of confidence - but still probably more confidence than our Offaly friends. Longford  had a work out agin Westmeath at the official re-dedication of the Mostrim grounds yesterday. I think Westmeath won by 2 points at the end (1-12 to 1-10).

Surely home advantage will be the telling point here for Longford? Winner faces Wexford.
Would not expect either or the pick of either side to trouble any serious contenders but we have to live in hope.

Would also not expect to see anyone from Sky TV there to weigh up camera points for future games.

Bord na Mona man

Last time Offaly played Longford in championship was the first round in 1997 when Offaly went on to win Leinster.
Whoever wins this one will be hard stopped!

Laz Molloy is bringing his gear, just in case...

The Insider

Not going to happen , but Offaly minors worth a few €€€ for the minor . Decent side but in same half of draw as the Dubs and Meath .

AZOffaly

Got the shitty draw as well, Kilkenny away. So there's no 'back door' for them at all now. A firsts round game against Longford or the like would have been a great game to get going, with the back door if it went against you.

mad tan

Longford should beat Offaly. We were short a lot of players during the last couple of years. Playing at home has to be worth a couple of points. We beat Laois at home two years ago.  Our Minors have a great chance of a good run in the championship. OK the Dubs beat us but if things work out we wont have to meet them again until the Leinster final. And ever if we loose again we are in the All quarter final. Didn't Waterford win the  Minor hurling last year after be beaten twice on the  way?

seafoid

Surely Longford are good enough to beat Offaly this year.

Qwerty28

Great, we're favourites.....surely nothing can go wrong!  ;D 

Hope the terrace under the executive commentary box is finished in time to cope with the expect crowds!

Any word on the U-21s joining the squad or pushing for starting places, heard some of them weren't too keen to get involved...as Shamrock said, as low as Longfords confidence may be it must be a damn sight better than Offalys at the moment..

The Insider

Expect both Barry O Farrell and James Mc Givney to start ,Rory Connor also brought into panel . Robbie Smith absent because of work Barry Mc Keon carrying some sort of injury

panc56

I expect 4 games this summer, 3 in Leinster and 1 quick qualifier exit.

Shamrock Shore

AZOffaly

I'm loving this. Longford fans (rightly) confident that Offaly are a mere road bump on the road to the Dubs. (Also Wexford apparently).

Jinxy

Heard the Offaly lads are taking this game very seriously.
Back on the Nutron diets and everything.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

AZOffaly

some of the lads are off the drink since last night.

Billys Boots

Quote from: panc56 on May 14, 2014, 12:06:04 AM
I expect 4 games this summer, 3 in Leinster and 1 quick qualifier exit.

I confidently predict 2 games this summer as the squad gets in some early training in preparation for Bihatimber 2015.  C'mon the Larries!!
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

fearglasmor

Longford is a lovely little county. Theres parts to it you'd never think existed. Been exploring all sorts of obscure boreens looking for different routes from work in Westmeath to home in Nth Roscommon. Been winding through Longfords off the beaten track venues skirting the border with Cyaaavan and on into also lovely Laytrum.

Dromard have a fine setup.

Offaly to spring the trap.