Roscommon vs. Letrim Connacht SFC QF, 18th May 2014

Started by Syferus, May 03, 2014, 04:53:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bucko

Quote from: the Deel Rover on May 18, 2014, 03:50:19 PM
Quote from: Itchy on May 18, 2014, 03:48:17 PM
Ros for Sam. New bus will bring Sam home.

Can other teams book it as well ?
If it was a quick change colour scheme ye could make some of the money back on it leasing it out from July...... :P

Shrewdness

Full time.. Ros 1-18, Leitrim 0-13...Ros going nowhere with second half like that.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Shrewdness on May 18, 2014, 04:57:40 PM
Full time.. Ros 1-18, Leitrim 0-13...Ros going nowhere with second half like that.

They are going on the bus .
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Syferus

Quote from: the Deel Rover on May 18, 2014, 05:01:44 PM

And what a bus.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Syferus on May 18, 2014, 05:05:21 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on May 18, 2014, 05:01:44 PM

And what a bus.

For sure , all roscommon fans should sit back and enjoy this years championship and the journey their team will bring them on.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

ross4life

Job done 8 point win scoring 1-18 which is a decent total and i think 11 different scorers but our sluggish display in the 2nd half can't be ignored in fairness to Leitrim they went down fighting & brought the game to us. Mulligan led by example a top forward arguably the best in Connacht. Kevin Higgins our best player on show today.

Well done to our lads. I said at the start of the year our targets should be promotion to div 2 & win at least two championship games then anything else would be a bonus.  We are well on track for that.

P.S WTF is up with this strange obsession with our lovely bus.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

larryin89

Quote from: ross4life on May 18, 2014, 06:47:54 PM
Job done 8 point win scoring 1-18 which is a decent total and i think 11 different scorers but our sluggish display in the 2nd half can't be ignored in fairness to Leitrim they went down fighting & brought the game to us. Mulligan led by example a top forward arguably the best in Connacht. Kevin Higgins our best player on show today.

Well done to our lads. I said at the start of the year our targets should be promotion to div 2 & win at least two championship games then anything else would be a bonus.  We are well on track for that.

That's why , it's just so lovely.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Shrewdness

According to my programme from today, these were the Ros scorers.,S Kilbride 0-3, K Higgins 0-3, R Stack 1-0, C Murtagh 0-2, N Daly 0-2, D Shine 0-2 (1f), C Cregg 0-1, C Cafferky 0-1, C Shine 0-1, SUBS...D Murtagh 0-2 (1f), C Burns 0-1...I'm open to correction.

Syferus

Quote from: Shrewdness on May 18, 2014, 07:46:52 PM
According to my programme from today, these were the Ros scorers.,S Kilbride 0-3, K Higgins 0-3, R Stack 1-0, C Murtagh 0-2, N Daly 0-2, D Shine 0-2 (1f), C Cregg 0-1, C Cafferky 0-1, C Shine 0-1, SUBS...D Murtagh 0-2 (1f), C Burns 0-1...I'm open to correction.

Sounds about right. All three of Senan's were collector's items. To be fair you couldn't fault the lads' accuracy (ok, Donie aside!) today, some excellent points scored.

Shrewdness

Having scored freely throughout the league, Cathal Cregg's scoring touch appears to have deserted him. After failing to score against Cavan in Croke Park, he scored 0-1 today. I know he works tirelessly for the team, but a return of 0-1 from two games after being named at full forward, isn't going to cause Ger Cafferky many sleepless nights.

Syferus

Quote from: Shrewdness on May 18, 2014, 08:12:48 PM
Having scored freely throughout the league, Cathal Cregg's scoring touch appears to have deserted him. After failing to score against Cavan in Croke Park, he scored 0-1 today. I know he works tirelessly for the team, but a return of 0-1 from two games after being named at full forward, isn't going to cause Ger Cafferky many sleepless nights.

Was surprised he was played pretty much as a genuine 14 for the majority of today's game. There was some mad balls sent in on top of him, the lad gets a battering most games and Lane in this one in particular seemed to have no intention to offer him any protection.

Get the ball in Cregger's hands and good things will happen. Hopefully he's let drift around more against Mayo, it suits him better.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: ross4life on May 18, 2014, 06:47:54 PM

I've seen mulligan a lot better than today, he was way out of position most of the day, but when he got himself in scoring positions he wasn't as acurate as usual, his miss at 5pts down was fatal, Leitrim had a grip on the game and another score would of made it interesting, what was there manager thinking starting Paul Brennan on Kilbride, and then he did the stupidest thing I've seen, he takes off Brennan when he was key In driving Leitrim on second half, how did Berne stay on so long, so wasteful, stupid goal attempt first half, Roscommons backs give up way to much space, yere forwards are awesome almost unstoppable at times. Once Leitrim played them from the front it was tougher, thought the ref was horrendous and favoured Leitrim but his reffing style lowered the intensity which suited Roscommon but I doubt he realised this, mayo game will be interesting
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Shrewdness

Shamrock Shore

I listened to Willie Hegarty for most of the 'cummintry' in Shannonside and not once, not effing once, did he 'minchin' the bus.

FFS! >:(

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Shrewdness on May 18, 2014, 09:00:03 PM
Congrats to the Sligo Juniors Sligonian.
no congrats necessary shrewdness, one of worst matches I've ever seen, shocking bad from us, never felt as pissed off after a win, look a lot of people will say ye won there's no pleasing you but 5/6 possible starters against Galway we should be a lot better than that. It was awful stuff. It's a nothing competition, I just look for form and who can potentially play senior and tactics but nothing more. The win is meaningless.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"