Predict the 2014 Ulster Senior Football Champions

Started by BennyCake, April 29, 2014, 06:39:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win the 2014 Ulster Senior Football Championship?

Antrim
17 (14.3%)
Armagh
5 (4.2%)
Cavan
7 (5.9%)
Derry
23 (19.3%)
Donegal
9 (7.6%)
Down
7 (5.9%)
Fermanagh
1 (0.8%)
Monaghan
20 (16.8%)
Tyrone
30 (25.2%)

Total Members Voted: 119

Voting closed: May 17, 2014, 06:39:57 PM

BennyCake

Ulster is always very competitive, with probably 5 or 6 contenders. Who's your money on?

It pains me to say, but I reckon it's a Tyrone Derry final, with Tyrone winning.

Banter Panther

I'll go with Cyawvun so I will hi. I'm going to write up a preview tomorrow for anyone that's interested.
'Donegal are a footballing superbug, with no obvious cure' - Joe Brolly 2013

Captain Obvious

Between Monaghan or Tyrone i think Tyrone will edge it.

Main Street

I see Jarlath has got his vote in early for Armagh.
You have credit his lonely one man campaign to rally the troops.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Banter Panther on April 29, 2014, 06:46:52 PM
I'll go with Cyawvun so I will hi. I'm going to write up a preview tomorrow for anyone that's interested.

Great' another one. Thank god it never gets old.

mylestheslasher

I am really not sure how well we will go in this championship. Our defense is decent but we are really struggling for scores and if anything we are getting worse not better. I think the team needs some surgery and players need to start being selected for their scoring potential rather than their defensive ability. I think the manager should include Argue at wing forward, Killian Clarke at midfield and Conor Moynagh at wing back.

If we do that we can beat Armagh. Now would we have enough to beat Tyrone or Monaghan, I'm not so sure but I certainly think we can run them close and maybe pip them. The final would be no bother then so I conclude Cavan will win Ulster.

tommysmith

I don't think the defence is great Myles but then again I always think the worst.

BennyCake

Cavan will beat us.

I see red hot favourites Antrim are leading the way.

rodney trotter

They didn't want to show their hand by getting promoted from Div 4.

Pangurban

Monaghan the form team, Tyrone serious challengers, Down,Derry,Cavan , Donegal a punchers chance, Armagh,Antrim no hopers

BennyCake

Quote from: Pangurban on April 29, 2014, 11:04:51 PM
Monaghan the form team, Tyrone serious challengers, Down,Derry,Cavan , Donegal a punchers chance, Armagh,Antrim no hopers

And Fermanagh is no longer in Ulster it seems...

Pangurban

An unforgivable oversight Bennycake, mes culpa. Place them with the no hopers

Throw ball

Thought I would vote for Armagh so we would not end up with no votes but someone beat me to it.

Despite the despondency among many Armagh supporters I honestly believe we are not as bad as is made out. The main problem is that injuries have been unbelievable this year and there has been no consistency in selection because of that. With a nearly fit panel I think we could give most Ulster teams a run for their money but it is likely to be a one off.

I feel everyone will agree that the top half of the draw is between Derry and Donegal. I will go for Derry to make the final for a change. In the bottom half I feel Yurone will beat Down before hopefully losing to Monaghan. Armagh will beat Cavan 2 - 1 and then lose to Monaghan. Derry to win final. The great thing about the Ulster championship is that there is a good argument for every first round match to go either way.

armaghniac

Quote from: BennyCake on April 29, 2014, 11:29:15 PM
And Fermanagh is no longer in Ulster it seems...

They haven't bothered to win Ulster in 130 years, they'll hardly start this year.

Ulster should be interesting, more than you can say about some of the other provincial championships.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

nrico2006

Tyrone should win Ulster this year, I'd imagine that their defence will be tighter come the championship and they won't struggle for scores.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'