ROSCOMMON v DUBLIN U-21 FINAL

Started by Shrewdness, April 26, 2014, 12:42:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynchbhoy

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 03, 2014, 08:05:54 PM
That wasn't a come back. That was just saying where you stand in relation to Dublin football.
correct - it wasn't a comeback !!

good luck with your three R's !

Hill16 Blues

That wasn't a come back. That was just saying where you stand in relation to Dublin football.

And good luck to you winning fcuk all for ever and ever!

Enjoy our successes even more when coming across your usual drivel.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Hill16 Blues on May 03, 2014, 08:11:08 PM

And good luck to you winning fcuk all for ever and ever!

Enjoy our successes even more when coming across your usual drivel.

Nice  ;D

Man Marker

Watching the game on sky+, Roscommon are brutal, as bad reserve team would be about he performance level, just at the 35 min stage and it's 1-17 to 1 pt, shocking stuff.

Man Marker

At 39 mins, in other words four mins Roscommon have bagged 2-1, where have they bee all this time

Rossfan

Jasus that was one bad day.
I promise I'll never laugh at the rhus in All Ireland Finals again.
As we have a poor defence it seems our management decided to try and win a shootout. However to do that you need 50% of the ball around the middle. To get that you have to WIN BALL. This means going in and operating with intensity not fcukin prancing around like you were in a challenge game like a lot of our bucks were at in the 1st half.
Dublin were able to send quality ball into their most dangerous FF line who were always 10 yds ahead of their men  and when them boys get good ball and space..... ye saw today what they can do.
Did it ever occur to us to have an oul "protect the FB line" plan B to use when things were going wrong.
Then if you're not doing well at m/field you stop kicking the ball out on top of the Dublin lads there.
Despite our crap 1st half we still had chances to get undeservedly closer but contrived to hit a sh1te penalty, a bad wide soon after and 2 frees wide.
We may console ourselves that the lads showed great spirit and pride with the fightback and Murtagh once he got a bit of daylight scored 2-3 I think.
But 22 scores to 9 tells us all we want to know.
The best team by far on the day won easily ... but they were let to an extent.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Man Marker

At 40 mins another goal, , 3-1 in five mins

straightred

Quote from: Drummerboy on May 03, 2014, 05:56:17 PM
Quote from: Ringfort on May 03, 2014, 05:01:40 PM
Congrats to the Dubs. Totally destroyed us in the first half. Full forward line was sublime but from a Ros perspective we allowed them far too much space. But from the get go Dubs were very accurate in kick passing and score taking. Barely put a pass astray in the entire first half. Awesome stuff and made it look so easy but part of that has to be Ros' fault as well. I'm relieved we put up a better show in the 2nd half. I was expecting the Dubs to continue their machine like display and annihilate us by a record margin. An AI would have been massive for the county. Looking at the Dubs at the end it appeared to be just another medal for them safe in the knowledge there will be many more to follow. Credit to them for getting their house in order the last few years. For Ros, at least we know we have a handful of players who are top-level. The task now is to keep making more and try and build up the senior side which in reality it is all about.

Have to disagree with you there. Yes McCaffrey, Mannion ect have AI in their back pocket. Most of these lads had to suffer the loss of an AI Minor Final a couple of years ago to Tipp. Its most of the lads first AI, so I'm sure it does mean a lot to them. No guarantee most of these will make the senior team.

Dublin's talent is frightening. Last sunday their starting forwards were Flynn, Andrews, Connolly, A Brogan, OGara and B Brogan. They had Hudson, McManamon, Cullen and Reddin on the bench (among others). Rock and Kilkenny will come back from injury. Then add at least 3 from today (Costello, Manion and McHugh). Has their ever been a forward squad that strong. Any of those would be starting for any other county.

Syferus

You can't realistically get enough time even half of those lads at senior. I wonder what the chances are we will see some of these lads in different county colours in the years ahead?

Paul Mannion sure strikes the ball like a Rossie..

Westside

Today reminded me of our U21 Final in 2011. Absolutely hammered at midfield that put constant pressure on the defence, a penalty missed when it may have given a glimmer of hope and everything went right for the opposition.
Like our visit to Croker that day Roscommon support was fantastic and Dublin had a shameful lack of support once again. Costello looked the best player on the park once again, Murtagh a scary prospect to think he'll be at this level for another two years. Congratulations to Dublin, McCaffery is a fine lad happy to see him lift the cup.

5 Sams

Dublin minors played Derry at our place this morning. They scored 10-13. The brand of football was unreal. Derry were short alright but even if they had a full hand t he Dubs would have destroyed them.
The Aristocrat Years

rodney trotter

Derry were very poor in the Ulster Minor League hammered in all the games, Dubs are decent this year at Minor but wouldn't read much into that result.

Dublin beat Longford 2 weeks ago in the opening round of Leinster by 3pts in Parnell Park.  Play Meath in Quarter finals. Meath beat them in the Minor League

Syferus

Quote from: 5 Sams on May 03, 2014, 09:35:59 PM
Dublin minors played Derry at our place this morning. They scored 10-13. The brand of football was unreal. Derry were short alright but even if they had a full hand t he Dubs would have destroyed them.

Longford should have beaten that Dublin team in Leinster two weeks ago by all acounts.

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on May 03, 2014, 09:01:39 PM

Paul Mannion sure strikes the ball like a Rossie..
I think his dad is from Brigids territory.
I wonder is McHugh one of us too?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Captain Obvious

Cavan had the beating of that Dublin side. All Ireland left behind them and Dublins under-21s will be the team to beat again next year. Roscommon will need to find a less naive management team.