Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Morgan
McCrory. Harte. Clarke.   Matty Donnelly    Tierney
McGinley.      Gormley.    Mckenna.    Justy mcmahon  Coney. R.Oneill. S. Cav
                 C.Cav           

McCurry.     

1-5-7-1-0-1 
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fuzzman

We had our big post mortem in Fiddlers in Carrickmacross and I'm glad Frank McEnaney wasn't around as one of our more senior lads wanted to give him a box for the refs performance and the black card

I won't go into a full match summary or my opinions on a lot of things now as many have already expressed my opinion.
One thing I will say is that a lot of people are moaning and complaining about Sean Cavanagh and how he's a diving cheat who is way overrated etc etc

He scored 5 points yesterday and whilst a lot of yer biased opinions will disagree the man gets rightfully targeted every game he lines out. He is a VERY important player for Tyrone and I would say most managers think if you can stop Sean you can stop a lot of what Tyrone do.
Therefore he gets an amazing amount of pulls, drags (bites over the years) and often he runs at defences at pace. When yer a big lad and yer running at pace naturally enough if someone knocks you to one side with a challenge fair or otherwise you tend to fall down.
As someone said on here maybe it's cos he is a big chap and looks well built that many take exception how easy he goes to ground. It's a bit like Canavan in his day who put up with a HUGE amount of pulling and dragging as people trying to knock him off the ball and he too was adjudged by many to be a "DIVER".
IMHO I can see why he frustrates a lot of the opposition fans as they see him as a big player for Tyrone and that naturally enough they want him well marshalled and it put up to him. The fact that he falls over and wins a free really rubs people up the wrong way. I think there are definitely times when he falls over when fouled where other players might try to stay on their feet.
"Drawing a foul" has always been a tactic of many good forwards in the game and so if a defender is careless enough to make a rash tackle then should we punish the player for going down?
Many will say YES as it's cheating. He could have stayed up even though there was a "wee" push

The reaction on here and among others to the rabbit punch he got I think sums it up perfectly.
If Conor Gormley had of done that to Coulter there would have been uproar and possible a red card. If the excellent Coldrick thought there was a punch and so gave him a yellow card then why didn't he give him a red. What was the yellow card for?
It should have either been no card or else red. We've often seen this crap were a ref hasn't the balls to send a man off. Was this the only yellow card of the day? Unreal

BennyHarp

What did Frank do to deserve a box?
That was never a square ball!!

ONeill

Lecale2

Tyrone need to look at a new mid field pair for the replay.
Maybe Peter Waterfield & Tom Daly?

seafoid

Quote from: ONeill on May 19, 2014, 04:20:52 PM
Monaghan balax.
Monaghan have the hunger. Kavanagh would have called it a great hunger. Tyrone got fat on all those videos of the glory days in Porky Crokey.    Now they are turning on Mickey Messiah.  It's very biblical.

Fuzzman

D'oh.
Of course I meant Frank Mitchell.
How was SideBums commentary yesterday.
I have it recorded so hope to watch it tonight.
David Moyes could be the man to sort out our defence
Too many attacking half backs is the problem and we were forced to run with it again rather than long kicks.
RON for keeper next Sat night or maybe McNeice

tyroneman

6.30pm now according to the main gaa site....

Armamike

I haven't seen much of Tyrone this year but i thought they looked fairly slow in their build up yesterday, or as the RTE commentators called it -  'patient'.  Has this been the way they've been playing all year or was it due to Down's numbers in defence?  Tyrone used to play the game at breakneck speed but that doesn't seem to be the case any more, well not based on yesterday's performance anyway.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Fuzzman

Yes Armamike this is my pet hate but in the league it was much more direct. Lots of long kicking but it seems like they change it once they see their attacking lines blocked off by sweepers. I think Mickeys team selection also was in response to how he expected Down to play.
I really hope Harte and RoN sort it out though I'd love to know what is was all about. Apparently nobody inside can talk to Mickey at all any more.

muppet

Quote from: J OGorman on May 18, 2014, 07:28:01 PM
Quote from: tyronefan on May 18, 2014, 07:19:35 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 18, 2014, 07:14:54 PM
Quote from: J OGorman on May 18, 2014, 07:06:51 PM
Quote from: our_fella on May 18, 2014, 06:58:57 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on May 18, 2014, 06:52:46 PM
Quote from: our_fella on May 18, 2014, 06:25:42 PM
Quote from: Itchy on May 18, 2014, 06:22:03 PM
Cavanagh got a belt in the first half and went don't like he was having some sort of seizure only to jump up and run off without a bother 30 s later. His reputation as a great player in danger of being replaced by his reputation of being a cheat.

In fairness, he got a serious fist in the ribs from that wee rat laverty.

were you cheering on tyrone today? you are the f**king rat.

Who says i was cheering on anybody? Hope somebody absolutely mills him in replay.. No more diving for him.

Take your oil our fella, takes a certain kinda person to call some one a rat behind a fake name

Super 2nd half the day after a lack lustre first. Bit of drama, some great scores in the lashing rain and the usual few dives from the Tyrone men...The championship is back!

Benny the man of the match.  Was sublime when he came on in the 2nd half. Was a calming influence and started so many of the attacks inc a super score out on the left.

PS..The diving lark has to be cut from the game immediately.

As bad as cavanagh was , laverty was every bit as bad if not worse.
Like I said months ago, the black card encourages players to go to ground.but yet the most obvious black card offence of the day, the tyrone penalty, and the ref gives nothing.

I was thinking that as well. Firstly he should have played advantage but went he did blow up for the penalty I was sure that the Down player would have gotten the black card. Is that not the same thing that Brolly nearly had a heart attack for last year over.

The tackle on Donnelly was a blatant black card

Muppet. .just checked the rule book. No pink card as yet. Could be a runner. Maybe make the offending diver wear a tutu for the remainder of their teams run in the championship.

Brilliant idea.

So it would go like this...

Player dives....
Pink card shown...
Player goes off for 10 minutes....
No replacement.....
After 10 minutes player returns wearing a tutu for the remainder of the game....

Now when is Congress?
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Quote from: muppet on May 19, 2014, 06:06:59 PM
Quote from: J OGorman on May 18, 2014, 07:28:01 PM
Quote from: tyronefan on May 18, 2014, 07:19:35 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 18, 2014, 07:14:54 PM
Quote from: J OGorman on May 18, 2014, 07:06:51 PM
Quote from: our_fella on May 18, 2014, 06:58:57 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on May 18, 2014, 06:52:46 PM
Quote from: our_fella on May 18, 2014, 06:25:42 PM
Quote from: Itchy on May 18, 2014, 06:22:03 PM
Cavanagh got a belt in the first half and went don't like he was having some sort of seizure only to jump up and run off without a bother 30 s later. His reputation as a great player in danger of being replaced by his reputation of being a cheat.

In fairness, he got a serious fist in the ribs from that wee rat laverty.

were you cheering on tyrone today? you are the f**king rat.

Who says i was cheering on anybody? Hope somebody absolutely mills him in replay.. No more diving for him.

Take your oil our fella, takes a certain kinda person to call some one a rat behind a fake name

Super 2nd half the day after a lack lustre first. Bit of drama, some great scores in the lashing rain and the usual few dives from the Tyrone men...The championship is back!

Benny the man of the match.  Was sublime when he came on in the 2nd half. Was a calming influence and started so many of the attacks inc a super score out on the left.

PS..The diving lark has to be cut from the game immediately.

As bad as cavanagh was , laverty was every bit as bad if not worse.
Like I said months ago, the black card encourages players to go to ground.but yet the most obvious black card offence of the day, the tyrone penalty, and the ref gives nothing.

I was thinking that as well. Firstly he should have played advantage but went he did blow up for the penalty I was sure that the Down player would have gotten the black card. Is that not the same thing that Brolly nearly had a heart attack for last year over.

The tackle on Donnelly was a blatant black card

Muppet. .just checked the rule book. No pink card as yet. Could be a runner. Maybe make the offending diver wear a tutu for the remainder of their teams run in the championship.

Brilliant idea.

So it would go like this...

Player dives....
Pink card shown...
Player goes off for 10 minutes....
No replacement.....
After 10 minutes player returns wearing a tutu for the remainder of the game....

Now when is Congress?
Just after the other fella sees the tutu

ONeill

Redhand Santa

This is a massive game for Tyrone on Saturday night in Newry. Not only do they need to win but they need a performance to build confidence and get the county behind them. I really don't think a back door run will do this team any good this year and a lot of the players need to start proving their worth in big championship games. The likes of Harte, Clarke, Coney and McCurry have been about long enough now and need to start showing they can dominate in big games. Even the 2 Donnellys for me have played their best football in the league in recent years without having real top quality games in the championship. Its time to step up and aim for an ulster title firstly.

Unlike some I do believe there is plenty of room for improvement. Tyrone have started slowly in a lot of championships in Harte's time but improved throughout it. I'd like to think there will be a reaction to Sunday's flat performance and a real high intensity performance this weekend. If they need any motivation they only need to watch Brolly or watch the anti Tyrone biased crap being put out on various forums.

I've put out the kind of team below I'd like to see. To me we need to get defenders in defence and shore it up and get a half forward line that will fight for breaking ball. We need to forget this tactic of singling out a man in the middle for kickouts and leaving them isolated. 90% of the time we're not catching them so need to crowd the middle and get in for the breaks. It was obvious on the Sunday game peace last night that our half backs and half forwards are heading for the wings instead of getting in and fighting for the ball.

Morgan
McRory
Justy (hopefully fit enough but options limited)
Tierney (or PJ if fit enough)
Clarke (would love to see him throw his weight about a bit more)
Gormley
McNabb
Cavanagh
Cavanagh
Harte
Mattie D (playing a deeper role helping defence and running at teams from there)
Penrose
Coney
S O'Neill
R O'Neill (coming out to half forward line to ping balls in to O'Neill and Coney)

I've picked Coney before McCurry because I'm not sure how McCurry would cope in a 2 man full forward line and would be a good impact sub. Would need to make sure any ball going into Coney was chest high or above as he can't get down for low ball at all.

muppet

MWWSI 2017