Tyrone v Down - Sun 18th May, Omagh

Started by tyroneman, April 15, 2014, 06:58:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigtogs

Morgan is a looney bin went a long way in beating tyrone last year.... And for what he done today was plain stupid..... Harte has never gave Mickey oneill any game time in the league for some experience for to be in a position to just to throw him in mid game is difficult for any goalkeeper Dublin had something similar when cluxtan got sent off....time and time again Mickey Harte is leaving more questions than answers with team selections...... My curry will never be a champ footballer when push come to shove either...

tyroneman

Quote from: orangeman on May 18, 2014, 08:08:18 PM
Replay in Newry Saturday 7pm

The GAA / Ulster council are one tran, useless bunch of feckers. A little nous would have let anyone with ( heaven forbid) an interest in other sports see the replay and the CL final.

Obviously the replay will take priority but a little sense would have been nice

charlieTully

Quote from: bigtogs on May 18, 2014, 08:12:48 PM
Morgan is a looney bin went a long way in beating tyrone last year.... And for what he done today was plain stupid..... Harte has never gave Mickey oneill any game time in the league for some experience for to be in a position to just to throw him in mid game is difficult for any goalkeeper Dublin had something similar when cluxtan got sent off....time and time again Mickey Harte is leaving more questions than answers with team selections...... My curry will never be a champ footballer when push come to shove either...

morgans kick outs were brilliant and with his free taking abilities he is a big assett to tyrone, was glad to see him get the line.

sam03/05

yeah there would be some interest amongst Gaels in Tyrone / Down in a match between two spanish teams lol  ;D ;D

Quote from: charlieTully on May 18, 2014, 08:19:45 PM

morgans kick outs were brilliant and with his free taking abilities he is a big assett to tyrone, was glad to see him get the line.

ONeill

Well, flight of the earls and all that jazz.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

omagh_gael

What a load of balls. Morgan is a fantastic keeper, easily in the top three in the country. McCurry has been our mist consistent forward this last two years. His finish today was top class.

orangeman

Did anyone notice the Down backroom team member when Down were 2 up with the 35 minutes almost up, run  out and floor the Down 10 in order to waste time ?

Novel tactics which nearly worked. That's bringing tactics to a new level.

Rois

Quote from: orangeman on May 18, 2014, 08:44:50 PM
Did anyone notice the Down backroom team member when Down were 2 up with the 35 minutes almost up, run  out and floor the Down 10 in order to waste time ?

Novel tactics which nearly worked. That's bringing tactics to a new level.
I totally saw that! I wondered what he was up to, thought he was going to at least make the player sit down and feign cramp but he seemed to just run round him and back again.

sam03/05

You would have fancied Morgan to save at least one of those goals.
Surely Mickey O'Neill should have been given one or two games in the National League this season.

Quote from: omagh_gael on May 18, 2014, 08:44:17 PM

What a load of balls. Morgan is a fantastic keeper, easily in the top three in the country. McCurry has been our mist consistent forward this last two years. His finish today was top class.

omaghjoe

Few questions for Coldrick?
What was he thinking for the Tyrone Penalty? How was it not a black card and where was the advantage?

Why did he give Conor Lavery a yellow card for striking SeanC?

Is the black card not for a deliberate foul? If so Morgan's foul wasn't deliberate, penalty yes but he had committed to spreading himself and had been sent the wrong way by the Down player, penalty yes but black card no!

Also why wait until Big Sean goes to ground to give him his free?

I will revert to M Harte's 10 year old sermon about consistently in referring must come first!

With all that said Tyrone's defence is a shambles and probably deserved to lose

bigtogs

arsehole in the pub at my phone. .. loada balls your correct... never leave your phone when you go yo the toilet....fact....

orangeman

Arguably Down were able to get back into the team when the Tyrone keeper got the black card.

Morgan's kick outs are brilliant.

omagh_gael

Quote from: bigtogs on May 18, 2014, 08:49:00 PM

arsehole in the pub at my phone. .. loada balls your correct... never leave your phone when you go yo the toilet....fact....

Ah that old one ;-)

sam03/05

My Defence Next week

PJ  Justy  McCrory

Harte Donnelly McNabb

omagh_gael

By the way, I thought Aidan McCrory was really good today, a lot (including myself) were questioning his place. Won nearly everything in his direction in the first half and made a fine run to set up McCurry's goal.