NFL DIV 3 FINAL..ROSCOMMON v CAVAN

Started by Shrewdness, April 14, 2014, 09:15:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

commonman

Thanks farandeelin. every man, even the man with the cap from Strokestown, deserves his day in the sun. We dont get too many and as you know we all are always right behind mayo as ye traverse the N5 on the way to Croker

Rossfan

Quote from: commonman on April 16, 2014, 10:33:37 AM
Thanks farandeelin. every man, even the man with the cap from Strokestown, deserves his day in the sun. We dont get too many and as you know we all are always right behind mayo as ye traverse the N5 on the way to Croker
Of course we are. ;D
Although sometimes we can be very bould and laugh at them on the way home. :-*
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Tubberman

Quote from: Rossfan on April 16, 2014, 12:09:27 PM
Of course we are. ;D

What would ye have to be laughing about!?

IN ALL FAIRNESS!!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Rossfan

Quote from: Tubberman on April 16, 2014, 12:33:17 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 16, 2014, 12:09:27 PM
Of course we are. ;D

What would ye have to be laughing about!?

IN ALL FAIRNESS!!
We live in the greatest place the Lord ever made
We have Lough Ree, Lough Key, Shannon , Arigna, Rathcroghan....
Our fields are fields of grass
We are a good looking race of talented articulate people
Matt Molloy, John Wynne, John McEvoy, John Carty... ( Brian Carthy, Syferus ah well... need a bit of counter balance)
We saved Ireland from the Brits
We stand between Mayo and most of the rest of Ireland
We're in the Division 3 Final

armaghniac

( Brian Carthy, Syferus ah well... need a bit of counter balance)

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Shrewdness

Let's hope the U-21 players on the Roscommon Senior panel are allowed to sit out next weekend's Division 3 League Final. Conor Daly was forced to miss the U-21 semi final due to a hamstring injury picked up doing a ''fitness test'' with the senior panel. The U-21 final is the biggest game of these players young careers to date, so the likes of Murtagh, 2 Smith's and one or two others should be allowed a clear run to concentrate on that game.

Syferus

Someone tell John they all have hamstring injuries after today's match, and quick.

Westside

It would be madness from Roscommon to play them next weekend and you'd have to think it would be a bone of contention among the players if Roscommon lost the U21 Final. A good few for Roscommon today looked much better than what we faced in Breffni so keep them with the U21s and we might just nab some silverware!

Itchy

Surely to God Evans wouldn't be that thick? I bet the U21 lads would mind themselves too if they were picked. Imagine missing the U21 all Ireland final because you got injured in a meaningless league final.

Shrewdness

With these games being shown live on TG4, it will be interesting to see what the attendance figure will be in Croke Park on Saturday evening. Can't see a big crowd from either Tipp or Clare. Ros and Cavan people were out in force in Portlaoise last weekend, and the Rossies will be on the road to Tullamore the weekend after next.

Syferus

Quote from: Shrewdness on April 22, 2014, 02:05:08 PM
With these games being shown live on TG4, it will be interesting to see what the attendance figure will be in Croke Park on Saturday evening. Can't see a big crowd from either Tipp or Clare. Ros and Cavan people were out in force in Portlaoise last weekend, and the Rossies will be on the road to Tullamore the weekend after next.

Any excuse to see Roscommon in Croke Park is a good excuse. Tullamore is a paper run.

Rossfan

I'll be getting in on my season ticket so it won't affect me but I believe it's €20 admission.
FFS are they mad ?
Surely €10 would be more than enough and try and pad out the attendance by giving freebies to schools etc.
Clare will bring 500, Tipp 400, Cavan 3,000 and prob only 2,000 of us as we have a real game to go to the weekend after.
I see Evans won't be using the U21s.Good man Johneen.

tommysmith

I don't think Cavan will travel in big numbers to this, it's a nothing game and on TV.

They would have been better off letting Cavan ad Rosies toss for home advantage but then I suppose they couldn't charge €20.

ross4life

Quote from: Rossfan on April 22, 2014, 03:12:52 PM
I'll be getting in on my season ticket so it won't affect me but I believe it's €20 admission.
FFS are they mad ?
Surely €10 would be more than enough and try and pad out the attendance by giving freebies to schools etc.
Clare will bring 500, Tipp 400, Cavan 3,000 and prob only 2,000 of us as we have a real game to go to the weekend after.
I see Evans won't be using the U21s.Good man Johneen.

€20 admission ridiculous. Believe it or not it took the injury to Conor Daly for common sense to prevail on resting the U-21s.  The championship starts for us in a few weeks i don't think any of us will be losing much sleep if we lose this div 3 final hopefully a good competitive game & no more injuries for us.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open