PRELIMINARY ROUND: New York v MAYO (Gaelic Park, New York, 4th May)

Started by From the Bunker, April 14, 2014, 07:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 21, 2014, 02:07:38 AM
Anybody know why this game is on half an hour earlier than usual? I.e 7.30 instead of 8.00 Irish time? The cameras are hardly going out as well!?

The camera will. TG4 have highlights on the Monday evening as usual, I assume. Have the clocks changed in the States yet?

Jell 0 Biafra

Clocks changed in the states a few weeks before they changed in Ireland.

Ed Hardy

Think Keith Quinn from Down is over playing there also. Good footballer, would be starting for Down if he was home.

From the Bunker

magpie seanie

New York probably going up to Boston for their annual pre-championship beating next weekend. That said, if the names quoted on this thread are tuned in committed to the cause NY should be decent and certainly a bit better than most years.

AMayoFan

New Note 185

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 14, 2014, 07:46:58 PM
Anybody on this board heading over, already over there or been over for this fixture?

One lad from Ballyvary (Mayo) my home village on the NY Panel. Parke would have been his home club.

I'm going over for the match (and to take in a few sites, food ... etc  ;) ).  Who is the chap from Ballyvary that is on NY team? I'm come from not far from there myself (Keelogues / Breaffy)!

Mayo are definitely spoiled with choice at midfield and all options have merits to be picked. So I really like the suggestion to try AOS at 6 (although I would worry about his ability to stop guys running at him with pace).   Possible rotate him in and out of that position through out the game.  I hope to see Mayo push on from the league and learn a few lessons in particular being able to tackle harder without coinciding Black Cards.  Dublin appear to be the masters here without loosing there physicality and we need to catch up.

In any case, I'm not sure how much we learn about Mayo with this match.  I hope the lads have fun, we get to try something new on the pitch, and get the win.  Imagine how long the flight home would feel if we lost  :o

Syferus

muppet

Quote from: AMayoFan on April 22, 2014, 11:25:25 AM
New Note 185

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 14, 2014, 07:46:58 PM
Anybody on this board heading over, already over there or been over for this fixture?

One lad from Ballyvary (Mayo) my home village on the NY Panel. Parke would have been his home club.

I'm going over for the match (and to take in a few sites, food ... etc  ;) ).  Who is the chap from Ballyvary that is on NY team? I'm come from not far from there myself (Keelogues / Breaffy)!

Mayo are definitely spoiled with choice at midfield and all options have merits to be picked. So I really like the suggestion to try AOS at 6 (although I would worry about his ability to stop guys running at him with pace).   Possible rotate him in and out of that position through out the game.  I hope to see Mayo push on from the league and learn a few lessons in particular being able to tackle harder without coinciding Black Cards.  Dublin appear to be the masters here without loosing there physicality and we need to catch up.

In any case, I'm not sure how much we learn about Mayo with this match.  I hope the lads have fun, we get to try something new on the pitch, and get the win.  Imagine how long the flight home would feel if we lost  :o

the only suggestion I saw on this thread was SOS at 6.

I would definitely have AOS further up the field, midfield at the very least.
MWWSI 2017

AMayoFan

Quote from: Syferus on April 22, 2014, 11:55:31 AM
AOS at 6!? My God, please do that.

Quote from: muppet on April 22, 2014, 01:22:24 PM
Quote from: AMayoFan on April 22, 2014, 11:25:25 AM
New Note 185

the only suggestion I saw on this thread was SOS at 6.

I would definitely have AOS further up the field, midfield at the very least.

ah yes, typo on my part.

larryin89

Hopefully it's the shock result of all time. More shame but less pain (than losin on 8th of June) ftr
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Syferus on April 21, 2014, 02:10:02 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 21, 2014, 02:07:38 AM
Anybody know why this game is on half an hour earlier than usual? I.e 7.30 instead of 8.00 Irish time? The cameras are hardly going out as well!?

The camera will. TG4 have highlights on the Monday evening as usual, I assume. Have the clocks changed in the States yet?

I think RTE want to show highlights later that night.

Carmen Stateside

Heard New York playing a friendly tonight so will take a run over for a look!

Carmen Stateside

False alarm just training.  Bar was opened so wasn't a total waste of a journey.

AMayoFan

Quote from: larryin89 on April 22, 2014, 11:22:25 PM
Hopefully it's the shock result of all time. More shame but less pain (than losin on 8th of June) ftr
Yip, unless other shock results, Ross will be a huge challenged this year, & we would meet them in Hyde Park!  I'm heading into Croker on Saturday to see how they get on against Cavan (and will be cheering Ross on too).  Anyway, I think I'll hold my thoughts for a little later and different thread.