The British Royal Family.

Started by Black Card, April 10, 2014, 03:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theticklemister

A thread about the British royal family leads to the exostence of God.

seafoid

I think the renewed interest in the dysfunctional Windsor family is a sign of our conservative age.
It probably won't be long until the next generation does something awful.

laoislad

Quote from: theticklemister on April 15, 2014, 09:27:05 AM
There isn't a thread on the board that can't be ( or probably has been) turned into either a religious debate or something about the North.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ziggysego

Quote from: seafoid on April 15, 2014, 09:41:16 AM
I think the renewed interest in the dysfunctional Windsor family is a sign of our conservative age.
It probably won't be long until the next generation does something awful.

Rejoin the Commonwealth? No, I wouldn't think so. I can envisage a tighter trading block between Ireland and the UK, especially since the UK is pulling itself away from the European Union.
Testing Accessibility

BennyCake

Quote from: laoislad on April 15, 2014, 09:51:03 AM
There isn't a thread on the board that can't be ( or probably has been) turned into either a religious debate or something about the North.

...or has a stupid post from you.

seafoid

Quote from: laoislad on April 15, 2014, 09:51:03 AM
Many of them by you  :)
Is Liverpool's season Manifest Destiny ?
Or Destiny's child ?

Lone Shark

muppet

Quote from: Black Card on April 15, 2014, 07:01:57 AM
Quote from: muppet on April 14, 2014, 11:43:48 PM
Quote from: Black Card on April 14, 2014, 10:50:42 PM
Quote from: muppet on April 14, 2014, 10:04:00 PM
Quote from: Black Card on April 14, 2014, 09:55:37 PM
Quote from: muppet on April 14, 2014, 09:25:32 PM
Quote from: Black Card on April 14, 2014, 07:45:18 PM
Quote from: muppet on April 14, 2014, 03:39:33 PM
Quote from: Black Card on April 14, 2014, 03:37:10 PM
No adjustment necessary - belief doesn't make it correct, just makes people gullible and naive.

Be telling us, what or who triggered the Big Bang?

No one knows, and as it is just a theory no one probably will ever know - but a supreme being who has always existed and is looking after 200 billion odd galaxies it wasn't!

If no one else knows, how come you do?

I'll be more clear, it wasn't God as that entity doesn't exist.  By the way, the question posed must mean you have an opinion so in your educated mind if the big bang theory was true, what or who do you think triggered it?

My answering would be irrelevant as you are already certain of your own opinion.

Awesome answer, biggest cop out ever, refrain from debate if you can't debate.

Debate.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

You state your opinion as fact. You don't know what the word 'debate' means.

You leave no room for debate.

I'll debate - answer the question - I have answered all questions asked - By the way, the question posed must mean you have an opinion so in your educated mind if the big bang theory was true, what or who do you think triggered it?

You said that there was no God.
You said the Big Bang was just a theory and that no one knows what caused it or what came before it.
If no one knows then you cannot rule out the possibility of an entity that is different to us and that we do not comprehend.

BTW scientific observations have confirmed Big Bang predictions right back to within a trillionth of a second after the singularity. As a theory, it is a well founded one at this stage.
MWWSI 2017

Black Card

So you believe God triggered the Big Bang - which whether you like it or not still is just a theory?

muppet

Quote from: Black Card on April 15, 2014, 01:34:44 PM
So you believe God triggered the Big Bang - which whether you like it or not still is just a theory?

I said no such thing.

I just pointed out that you ruled out the possibility on no basis whatsoever.
MWWSI 2017

Black Card

Quote from: muppet on April 15, 2014, 01:24:12 PM

If no one knows then you cannot rule out the possibility of an entity that is different to us and that we do not comprehend.

An supreme entity that has always existed, and always will - that's not beyond comprehension, that's in the Santa Claus, Tooth Fairy realm.  Scientists currently believe that life on Earth may have started by asteroids colliding with the earth delivering water and the building blocks for life, I am sure as science advances most of the mysteries will be explained.

Black Card

Quote from: muppet on April 15, 2014, 01:49:39 PM
Quote from: Black Card on April 15, 2014, 01:34:44 PM

I said no such thing.

Hence the question mark - so are you going to reply - Do you believe God created the Big Bang?

Black Card

Quote from: muppet on April 15, 2014, 01:49:39 PM

I ruled it out on the basis of rational and logical thought.

haranguerer

Lads, it was created by Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady - its in the credits.