Previous topic - Next topic

Black Card

Quote from: muppet on April 14, 2014, 10:04:00 PM
Quote from: Black Card on April 14, 2014, 09:55:37 PM
Quote from: muppet on April 14, 2014, 09:25:32 PM
Quote from: Black Card on April 14, 2014, 07:45:18 PM
Quote from: muppet on April 14, 2014, 03:39:33 PM
Quote from: Black Card on April 14, 2014, 03:37:10 PM
No adjustment necessary - belief doesn't make it correct, just makes people gullible and naive.

Be telling us, what or who triggered the Big Bang?

No one knows, and as it is just a theory no one probably will ever know - but a supreme being who has always existed and is looking after 200 billion odd galaxies it wasn't!

If no one else knows, how come you do?

I'll be more clear, it wasn't God as that entity doesn't exist.  By the way, the question posed must mean you have an opinion so in your educated mind if the big bang theory was true, what or who do you think triggered it?

My answering would be irrelevant as you are already certain of your own opinion.

Awesome answer, biggest cop out ever, refrain from debate if you can't debate.

Black Card

Quote from: Nally Stand on April 14, 2014, 10:28:42 PM
Quote from: Black Card on April 14, 2014, 08:21:31 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on April 14, 2014, 08:08:35 PM
Quote from: Black Card on April 14, 2014, 07:46:36 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on April 14, 2014, 03:57:18 PM
No adjustment necessary - belief doesn't make it correct, just makes people gullible and naive.
And what does mocking people for their religious beliefs make you?

Questioning these views makes me rational and logical I would suspect.
That's the answer to a question I didn't ask. What I did ask was, if having a belief in God "makes people gullible and naive", what does mocking people based on their religious beliefs make you?

By saying people who believe in God are gullible and naive, is the same as applying similar logic to children and Father Christmas, it doesn't mean their beliefs are being mocked these people just have been very mislead.   Humans for a variety of reasons have had religion forced down their throats throughout the ages, unfortunately few questioned the impossible, so as mentioned I would say I am rational and logical.  Not sure how much more I can help you with your question, but feel free to ask.
People have beliefs that many hold dear. Calling those people gullible and naive IS mocking them no matter how you dance around it. My question remains.

As does my answer.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Black Card on April 14, 2014, 10:51:25 PM

That's the answer to a question I didn't ask. What I did ask was, if having a belief in God "makes people gullible and naive", what does mocking people based on their religious beliefs make you?

By saying people who believe in God are gullible and naive, is the same as applying similar logic to children and Father Christmas, it doesn't mean their beliefs are being mocked these people just have been very mislead.   Humans for a variety of reasons have had religion forced down their throats throughout the ages, unfortunately few questioned the impossible, so as mentioned I would say I am rational and logical.  Not sure how much more I can help you with your question, but feel free to ask.
People have beliefs that many hold dear. Calling those people gullible and naive IS mocking them no matter how you dance around it. My question remains.

As does my answer.
Ironic, given your response to muppet above.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

muppet

Quote from: Black Card on April 14, 2014, 10:50:42 PM

No one knows, and as it is just a theory no one probably will ever know - but a supreme being who has always existed and is looking after 200 billion odd galaxies it wasn't!

I'll be more clear, it wasn't God as that entity doesn't exist.  By the way, the question posed must mean you have an opinion so in your educated mind if the big bang theory was true, what or who do you think triggered it?

My answering would be irrelevant as you are already certain of your own opinion.

Debate.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

You state your opinion as fact. You don't know what the word 'debate' means.

You leave no room for debate.
MWWSI 2017

grounded

The All Knowing One has spoken ' There is no God '.  A few Billion people are going to be awfully disappointed!

Black Card

Quote from: grounded on April 15, 2014, 01:20:26 AM

The All Knowing One has spoken ' There is no God '.  A few Billion people are going to be awfully disappointed!

What about the ten's of billions who lived and died without hearing of a God, or worshiping another God, or 50 Gods, are they also disappointed, is your God the correct God?

Black Card

Quote from: muppet on April 14, 2014, 11:43:48 PM
Quote from: Black Card on April 14, 2014, 10:50:42 PM

Debate.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

You state your opinion as fact. You don't know what the word 'debate' means.

You leave no room for debate.

I'll debate - answer the question - I have answered all questions asked - By the way, the question posed must mean you have an opinion so in your educated mind if the big bang theory was true, what or who do you think triggered it?

Black Card

Quote from: Nally Stand on April 14, 2014, 11:39:12 PM
Quote from: Black Card on April 14, 2014, 10:51:25 PM

As does my answer.
Ironic, given your response to muppet above.

People believe many things which are silly, there was a time people believed the Earth was flat, in relation to my reply to grounded, people use to believe in many God's, a God for example that brought the sun in the morning, the rain etc it has been proven these beliefs were gullible and naive or are all religious beliefs sacrosanct and not to be questioned in case anyone is offended!  By the way what God currently being worshiped on Earth are you aligned to currently?

Eamonnca1

Asking "who" triggered the Big Bang is a bit of a loaded question, wouldn't you say?

Black Card

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on April 15, 2014, 07:20:37 AM
Asking "who" triggered the Big Bang is a bit of a loaded question, wouldn't you say?

It is who or what in fairness and a repeat question muppet asked which I was happy enough to answer.

Eamonnca1

We don't know what caused it yet.

Hardy

Eamonnca1

Must be. Same as how it was God who caused earthquakes until plate tectonics was understood.

Eamonnca1

Anyway, back on topic.

God save the Queen.

*ducks*

Black Card