Playing at home for the rest of the Season (year)!

Started by From the Bunker, April 07, 2014, 08:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drummerboy

Firstly, Leinster counties have had the chance to vote on whether to get Dublin on the road and voted to keep them there. If Dublin go on the road, there is going to be a financial hit to all the counties in the province.

Secondly, since the inception of ''Development Squads'', it has managed to earmark decent footballers, give them a target of playing for Dublin and hence, gives them a reason to choose GAA as their preferred sport. These squads usually only meet up once a week until they go minor, when it is stepped up. There is nothing to stop other counties doing the same thing.

GAA is still the poor relations in many parts of Dublin. The players come from different pockets of the city. There are more GAA clubs in Cork than Dublin.

Dont Matter

Quote from: lynchbhoy on May 05, 2014, 01:10:03 PM
Can't back up your big mouth with any facts?
You are the wee whinging boy that's telling us all that money is buying wins- so please provide proof or evidence into how this is done or otherwise it simple proves you can't and you
Are just a whinging simpleton!

Actually if the country was awash with cash I'd love to build or refurbish stadia around the country where teams play all their games home and away for league and neutral venues for all championship games up to all Ireland final (and possibly semi finals).
The reality is we don't have that kind of cash and lesser counties in Leinster want to play in croker.

Dublin has massive population, so are bound to have more players/better players. In fact they have been a bit of a disgrace for decades for not being able to capitalise on such an advantage.
That's a fact that can't be overlooked.

But please depict how more money goes to making Dublin players better or where exactly this money is invested.
I'd hope that when you publish your findings, we could all show this to our county boards so we can follow suit with same template - and it's not just a massive amount of players!

So- siht or get off the pot!!

I think your village is missing you!

The wannabe is up in arms over his beloved Dubs.  ;D
We know the Dubs are getting 1.5 million annually on average as it's on the GAA's books, 1 million Sports Council funding - which is taxpayers money, ofcourse granted to them by their hero Bertie and the fund is still going strong. Haven't even touched on the sponsorship money yet.
We know there is a paid Strategic Programme Manager, paid regional development officers, hurling development officers and games promotion officers. Nearly every club have paid officers and coaches.
What I'm looking for is a break down of the money, where else is it going, how much do World or Olympic Champion boxers cost, how much does an extensive list of backroom staff cost, how much is going on every development squad and so on. Do the DCB release their accounts?

Of course other county boards could follow suit, just give them the money. As you even admit, Dublin already have the population advantage, this money is making it almost impossible for them not to be successful. It actually embarrassing that they haven't won more. Why is this not only tolerated but defended by non Dubs?
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Dont Matter

Quote from: Drummerboy on May 05, 2014, 02:02:39 PM
Firstly, Leinster counties have had the chance to vote on whether to get Dublin on the road and voted to keep them there. If Dublin go on the road, there is going to be a financial hit to all the counties in the province.

Secondly, since the inception of ''Development Squads'', it has managed to earmark decent footballers, give them a target of playing for Dublin and hence, gives them a reason to choose GAA as their preferred sport. These squads usually only meet up once a week until they go minor, when it is stepped up. There is nothing to stop other counties doing the same thing.

GAA is still the poor relations in many parts of Dublin. The players come from different pockets of the city. There are more GAA clubs in Cork than Dublin.

These questions still hasn't been answered. Why don't Dublin pay back all the money if it has nothing to do with their success? Why is the money still being paid to them if they would be successful without it anyway?

From u8 level upwards, in hurling and football, there are nearly 1,500 teams in Dublin. You can forget about the poor excuse of more clubs in Cork.
Peter Quinn

Drummerboy

The only way you'd be happy would be if Dublin didn't play the sport. The money has been used to bring clubs facilities up to the same standard as the rest of the country. I know from travelling around the country that the facilities in most Dublin clubs are behind that of many clubs around the country. Your argument about paid coaches, many of whom are from the country, doesn't wash. The clubs have to provide the bulk of the wages for GPOs. Dublin have become successful because of the efforts of ordinary club members who have got themselves organised to an extent that they are producing good sportspeople. At the moment there are coaches up and down the country trying to do the same thing. And eventually somebody will knock Dublin off the throne. Money doesn't make a good player.

Dont Matter

Quote from: Drummerboy on May 05, 2014, 02:40:47 PM
The only way you'd be happy would be if Dublin didn't play the sport. The money has been used to bring clubs facilities up to the same standard as the rest of the country. I know from travelling around the country that the facilities in most Dublin clubs are behind that of many clubs around the country. Your argument about paid coaches, many of whom are from the country, doesn't wash. The clubs have to provide the bulk of the wages for GPOs. Dublin have become successful because of the efforts of ordinary club members who have got themselves organised to an extent that they are producing good sportspeople. At the moment there are coaches up and down the country trying to do the same thing. And eventually somebody will knock Dublin off the throne. Money doesn't make a good player.

Dublin has to be split, it's the only solution. The money has not been used to bring club facilities up to standard, that's a lie. Other money has gone into that and to say club facilties in Dublin are worse than that around the country is a bit of a joke.
How does the argument of paid coaches not wash? What are you on about? Paid, qualified coaches around every club to train trainers to coach teams at a high standard is a huge advantage, how could it not be?
Some clubs have to pay the bulk of the wages for their extra GPOs, not all GPOs. About the only true thing you've said there is that coaches around the country are trying to produce good sportspeople, the difference is they barely have any money.
So to ask the questions again. Why don't Dublin pay back all the money if it has nothing to do with their success? Why is the money still being paid to them if they would be successful without it anyway?
Peter Quinn

Drummerboy

You are talking tripe, tripe as usual. Most clubs only have one GPO, which they have to contribute to the cost. You are deluded by your bitterness of all things Dublin

If you really want change, why not amalgamate the smaller counties. Dublin are doing fine as we are, thank you.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Dont Matter on May 05, 2014, 03:41:57 PM

Dublin has to be split, it's the only solution. The money has not been used to bring club facilities up to standard, that's a lie. Other money has gone into that and to say club facilties in Dublin are worse than that around the country is a bit of a joke.
How does the argument of paid coaches not wash? What are you on about? Paid, qualified coaches around every club to train trainers to coach teams at a high standard is a huge advantage, how could it not be?
Some clubs have to pay the bulk of the wages for their extra GPOs, not all GPOs. About the only true thing you've said there is that coaches around the country are trying to produce good sportspeople, the difference is they barely have any money.
So to ask the questions again. Why don't Dublin pay back all the money if it has nothing to do with their success? Why is the money still being paid to them if they would be successful without it anyway?

In fairness this money cannot be paid back as it was not a loan. Eaten bread is soon forgotten.

The reality is a huge project called the redevelopment of Croke Park had to be financed. To finance this it had to be filled year in year out for 5 to 6 months of the year. Dublin were the only county that could do this consistently if they had a good team. So the GAA spent money on Dublin. Hurling was seen as a second cash cow in the making. Anyway we are heading toward a Scottish premier League scenario where you have a multimillion team at the top (Celtic) and a plethora of teams way off the mark hoping to catch the big fish on an off day.

There will be no change. Really, it's to late. These successful structures have been set up and you can't pull the rug out from under them. The Turkey in Leinster will continue to vote for games in Croke Park to benefit their pittance short term gain. The GAA will remain happy to keep Croke park busy over the summer. Dublin will continue to dominate and a core of the Media who are all based in Dublin will be happy. Meanwhile Leinster will continue to become a shambles. Connacht and Munster will continue to be the two horse races they've always been, with the same Turkeys in Munster voting for seeding in their Championship. Ulster with the help of the Queens money might have a small chance (hard luck Donegal, Cavan and Monaghan).

heffo

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 05, 2014, 04:13:21 PM
Quote from: Dont Matter on May 05, 2014, 03:41:57 PM

In fairness this money cannot be paid back as it was not a loan. Eaten bread is soon forgotten.

The reality is a huge project called the redevelopment of Croke Park had to be financed. To finance this it had to be filled year in year out for 5 to 6 months of the year. Dublin were the only county that could do this consistently if they had a good team. So the GAA spent money on Dublin. Hurling was seen as a second cash cow in the making. Anyway we are heading toward a Scottish premier League scenario where you have a multimillion team at the top (Celtic) and a plethora of teams way off the mark hoping to catch the big fish on an off day.

There will be no change. Really, it's to late. These successful structures have been set up and you can't pull the rug out from under them. The Turkey in Leinster will continue to vote for games in Croke Park to benefit their pittance short term gain. The GAA will remain happy to keep Croke park busy over the summer. Dublin will continue to dominate and a core of the Media who are all based in Dublin will be happy. Meanwhile Leinster will continue to become a shambles. Connacht and Munster will continue to be the two horse races they've always been, with the same Turkeys in Munster voting for seeding in their Championship. Ulster with the help of the Queens money might have a small chance (hard luck Donegal, Cavan and Monaghan).

Yeah £120m is only a small little taste and might give someone a small leg up..

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Dont Matter on May 05, 2014, 02:03:08 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on May 05, 2014, 01:10:03 PM
Can't back up your big mouth with any facts?
You are the wee whinging boy that's telling us all that money is buying wins- so please provide proof or evidence into how this is done or otherwise it simple proves you can't and you
Are just a whinging simpleton!

Actually if the country was awash with cash I'd love to build or refurbish stadia around the country where teams play all their games home and away for league and neutral venues for all championship games up to all Ireland final (and possibly semi finals).
The reality is we don't have that kind of cash and lesser counties in Leinster want to play in croker.

Dublin has massive population, so are bound to have more players/better players. In fact they have been a bit of a disgrace for decades for not being able to capitalise on such an advantage.
That's a fact that can't be overlooked.

But please depict how more money goes to making Dublin players better or where exactly this money is invested.
I'd hope that when you publish your findings, we could all show this to our county boards so we can follow suit with same template - and it's not just a massive amount of players!

So- siht or get off the pot!!

I think your village is missing you!

The wannabe is up in arms over his beloved Dubs.  ;D
We know the Dubs are getting 1.5 million annually on average as it's on the GAA's books, 1 million Sports Council funding - which is taxpayers money, ofcourse granted to them by their hero Bertie and the fund is still going strong. Haven't even touched on the sponsorship money yet.
We know there is a paid Strategic Programme Manager, paid regional development officers, hurling development officers and games promotion officers. Nearly every club have paid officers and coaches.
What I'm looking for is a break down of the money, where else is it going, how much do World or Olympic Champion boxers cost, how much does an extensive list of backroom staff cost, how much is going on every development squad and so on. Do the DCB release their accounts?

Of course other county boards could follow suit, just give them the money. As you even admit, Dublin already have the population advantage, this money is making it almost impossible for them not to be successful. It actually embarrassing that they haven't won more. Why is this not only tolerated but defended by non Dubs?
You named yourself very aptly!!
Your jibes don't matter!
You have actually re-iterated a couple of things I've already said that Dublin are a bit of a disgrace and their population means they should be more successful than other counties!

Your whinges don't stack up. You say that Dublin have 'extra' coaches etc.
Of course they do - they have a bigger playing population!!
The clubs I've been involved with in four counties all have coaches - same number of coaches in each .... One ! The Dublin club fields twice as many teams as the smallest club I was involved with.

I understand you dislike Dublin, and I'd fear their dominance - if that came to pass then the association would have to vote to split Dublin into two.
But your whinges are diatribes based on jealousy and hatred rather than any actual knowledge and fact.
I'd be happy and prepared to listen to you if you actually did some fact finding and unearthed info that in any way backed up your stories.
Otherwise you are just looking like a foolish wee fat assed whinger who would rather moan than get off his hole to do something!

Furthermore I'm a GAA man and support my county when I can!
Dublin would be lucky to have me!
You are a wee boy that highlights the horrible IRish traits of begrudgery and hypocrisy!

I have seen no evidence from you to back up your moans that apart from more funding that equates to more players ( which I'd have thought is fair) Dublin are only getting their share later than most.
I know other counties got more funding than Dublin starting in the 90's - and the Gaa hired two coaches in 1998 I think it was - Colm Brady Meath - football and Lester Ryan Kilkenny - hurling- and they spent their time throughout Leinster and not Dublin - until the GAA started hiring more coaches, then these were deployed equally throughout the country- Dublin getting same or less than others.

If what you were guessing at was true then I'd also move to make things fairer financially, but you can't and as far as I know they are not. I personally try to be fair about most things.
Just because this isn't what you want to hear doesn't give rise for you to whinge more about me and attempt to throw mud, that's not what proper Gaels do - unless you are some kind of t**ker from Laois or some place who is simply out for themselves.

I await your reply with evidence to back up your assertions!

larryin89

"The reality is we don't have that kind of cash and lesser counties in Leinster want to play in croker."

This is the problem and how bloody stupid can you get wanting to play the dubs in croker instead of navan, Wexford or portlaoise . Ffs this really does get to me.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Dont Matter

Quote from: Drummerboy on May 05, 2014, 03:51:32 PM
You are talking tripe, tripe as usual. Most clubs only have one GPO, which they have to contribute to the cost. You are deluded by your bitterness of all things Dublin

If you really want change, why not amalgamate the smaller counties. Dublin are doing fine as we are, thank you.

Of course Dublin are doing fine, they've been bought tons of Provincial and All Ireland titles. It's up to the rest of the country to make Gaelic Games fair again.
Peter Quinn

Dont Matter

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 05, 2014, 04:13:21 PM

If the situation continues then Gaelic Games will be in ruins, short term gain for long term pain. It has to be sorted soon.
Peter Quinn

Dont Matter

Quote from: heffo on May 05, 2014, 04:19:12 PM
Yeah £120m is only a small little taste and might give someone a small leg up..

If Dublin get money that's ok, if any other county gets money it's not ok. That's the view from this Dub anyway.
Peter Quinn

Johnnybegood

Don't mind don't matter
He puts forward the same arguments and every time he's challenged he resorts to base insults. Not even worth reading his posts,

Dont Matter

Quote from: lynchbhoy on May 05, 2014, 04:23:11 PM
You named yourself very aptly!!
Your jibes don't matter!
You have actually re-iterated a couple of things I've already said that Dublin are a bit of a disgrace and their population means they should be more successful than other counties!

Your whinges don't stack up. You say that Dublin have 'extra' coaches etc.
Of course they do - they have a bigger playing population!!
The clubs I've been involved with in four counties all have coaches - same number of coaches in each .... One ! The Dublin club fields twice as many teams as the smallest club I was involved with.

I understand you dislike Dublin, and I'd fear their dominance - if that came to pass then the association would have to vote to split Dublin into two.
But your whinges are diatribes based on jealousy and hatred rather than any actual knowledge and fact.
I'd be happy and prepared to listen to you if you actually did some fact finding and unearthed info that in any way backed up your stories.
Otherwise you are just looking like a foolish wee fat assed whinger who would rather moan than get off his hole to do something!

Furthermore I'm a GAA man and support my county when I can!
Dublin would be lucky to have me!
You are a wee boy that highlights the horrible IRish traits of begrudgery and hypocrisy!

I have seen no evidence from you to back up your moans that apart from more funding that equates to more players ( which I'd have thought is fair) Dublin are only getting their share later than most.
I know other counties got more funding than Dublin starting in the 90's - and the Gaa hired two coaches in 1998 I think it was - Colm Brady Meath - football and Lester Ryan Kilkenny - hurling- and they spent their time throughout Leinster and not Dublin - until the GAA started hiring more coaches, then these were deployed equally throughout the country- Dublin getting same or less than others.

If what you were guessing at was true then I'd also move to make things fairer financially, but you can't and as far as I know they are not. I personally try to be fair about most things.
Just because this isn't what you want to hear doesn't give rise for you to whinge more about me and attempt to throw mud, that's not what proper Gaels do - unless you are some kind of t**ker from Laois or some place who is simply out for themselves.

I await your reply with evidence to back up your assertions!

The wannabe Dub is angry, how dare anyone try to tackle his new counties cheating. They say if you're using insults then you've lost the argument, well this fella has obviously been battered. 
I didn't say Dublin have extra coaches, I said they have paid coaches for every club who are fully qualified. How many counties have them? Being opposed to cheating isn't jealousy, I have backed up my claims. Go look at the GAA's accounts if you don't believe me.
I understand your feelings are hurt because you've been left looking foolish in this thread. The wannabe Dub with all his previous clubs has been made a show of, but will you try to deal with the topic at hand in a respectful manner? I know you're just trying to imitate your new county men and women but still.  ;D
Peter Quinn