Playing at home for the rest of the Season (year)!

Started by From the Bunker, April 07, 2014, 08:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dont Matter

Quote from: Johnnybegood on April 25, 2014, 10:29:06 AM
do you accept then that teams(good ones)  travelling to Croker have a different kind of motivational advantage in a 'let's go up here and get stuck into the dubs and silence them on their own patch' ?

Oh, here's how it can be questioned. It's a thrill for the culchies to play the great Dubs in Croker.  ;D
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Dont Matter

Quote from: northsideboy on April 25, 2014, 10:43:44 AM
Junkies native to every town in Ireland. Nows where the ignore button

That's right, Dubs spreading around the country, bringing their smack to every town. Pity we don't have an ignore button when they're trying to rob us.
Peter Quinn

Dont Matter

Quote from: Johnnybegood on April 25, 2014, 10:49:33 AM
no you don't ! You are economical with the truth to further your agenda and when questions are put to you you fail to answer them. When you put up exactly what  the money given to Dublin was actually spent on you may gain some creedance, until then however your argument and so called facts lie in the realms of fiction.
Incidentally Laois has the highest number of methadone users per capita in Ireland!

I don't have Dublin County Boards accounts at hand. There's millions of euros entering their accounts though, while most county boards are dealing in thousands.
You know how many Dubs there are in Laois now? Well the huge increase in methadone users per capita will tell you that there's loads.  ;D
Peter Quinn

Johnnybegood

Quote from: Dont Matter on April 25, 2014, 11:28:43 AM
Quote from: Johnnybegood on April 25, 2014, 10:29:06 AM
do you accept then that teams(good ones)  travelling to Croker have a different kind of motivational advantage in a 'let's go up here and get stuck into the dubs and silence them on their own patch' ?

Oh, here's how it can be questioned. It's a thrill for the culchies to play the great Dubs in Croker.  ;D
eh most players will admit that it's great if not the greatest occasion for them to beat Dublin in croker. I've already stated that this years first round should have been played in portlaois.
Longford didn't beat  Dublin which is an indisputable fact. Your agenda is to split Dublin. And you seem to use every issue to further your cause, a very childish unintelligent and ignorant stance. Have you tried yoga?

Dont Matter

Quote from: Johnnybegood on April 25, 2014, 11:35:01 AM
eh most players will admit that it's great if not the greatest occasion for them to beat Dublin in croker. I've already stated that this years first round should have been played in portlaois.
Longford didn't beat  Dublin which is an indisputable fact. Your agenda is to split Dublin. And you seem to use every issue to further your cause, a very childish unintelligent and ignorant stance. Have you tried yoga?

Dublin have to be split, it's the only way if we want every county competing on an equal footing. The powers that be got scared that day in Pearse Park, they put serious investment in and Dublin nearly lost to Longford. They didn't make the mistake of letting Dublin outside Croke Park after that. That's still in their thinking 8 years later.
Dublin probably have the top yoga instructor on their books. They've been bought nearly everything else anyway.
Peter Quinn

Walter Cronc

We must be the only county who prefer Croke Park to our home ground!! I'd say Tyrone are the same going by the state of the pitch in Omagh ;)

Dont Matter

Quote from: Walter Cronc on April 25, 2014, 11:44:50 AM
We must be the only county who prefer Croke Park to our home ground!! I'd say Tyrone are the same going by the state of the pitch in Omagh ;)

What county are you? Do you think if your county played every championship game at home they'd have an advantage?
Peter Quinn

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Dont Matter on April 25, 2014, 11:48:09 AM

What county are you? Do you think if your county played every championship game at home they'd have an advantage?

We'll not go into the discussion of Celtic Park in Derry City. We'd be here all day!!

Dont Matter

Quote from: Walter Cronc on April 25, 2014, 11:50:17 AM
We'll not go into the discussion of Celtic Park in Derry City. We'd be here all day!!

At least you'd be used to the situation. Huge advantage. Then you get half a million euro in games development every year, another half a million in sponsorship, another million from other funds. You'll have the refs in your favour. What could go wrong? Even in Derry.
Peter Quinn

DennistheMenace

Anyone looking at this from the outside would think it's absolutely crazy that one team play all their games at home.

Johnnybegood

Quote from: Dont Matter on April 25, 2014, 11:42:23 AM
Quote from: Johnnybegood on April 25, 2014, 11:35:01 AM

Dublin have to be split, it's the only way if we want every county competing on an equal footing. The powers that be got scared that day in Pearse Park, they put serious investment in and Dublin nearly lost to Longford. They didn't make the mistake of letting Dublin outside Croke Park after that. That's still in their thinking 8 years later.
Dublin probably have the top yoga instructor on their books. They've been bought nearly everything else anyway.
bitter bitter waffle! your only saving grace is you seem to have a good sense of humour!

Johnnybegood

When spurs play in wen let are they playing at home?

J OGorman

Quote from: Walter Cronc on April 25, 2014, 11:50:17 AM
Quote from: Dont Matter on April 25, 2014, 11:48:09 AM

Leave Celtic Pk out of it! May 25th, Ulster Championship. Wouldn't want the game to be anywhere else.

Don't Matter, you wouldn't happen to be the same Laois chap that pollutes twitter?

Dont Matter

Quote from: Johnnybegood on April 25, 2014, 12:13:39 PM
bitter bitter waffle! your only saving grace is you seem to have a good sense of humour!

Sometimes the truth can be a bitter but we all must accept it.
Peter Quinn

Dont Matter

Quote from: J OGorman on April 25, 2014, 12:16:43 PM
Don't Matter, you wouldn't happen to be the same Laois chap that pollutes twitter?

I pollute nowhere. I don't even fart. Twitter would be against my nature.
Peter Quinn