Louth Grounds and Team Tactics - Disgraceful

Started by agorm, April 07, 2014, 12:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: agorm on April 08, 2014, 12:24:41 PM
Quote from: stibhan on April 08, 2014, 09:52:31 AM
Meath men complaining about 'targeting' players... the world has turned and left me here!

Of course I have seen Mick Lyons etc in action. I was a fan of Lyons, Darren Fay, Kevin Foley. I wasn't a fan of Colm Coyle who I said on several occasions shouldn't play for Meath again. There were a couple of occasions that I was not happy with the tactics employed by Cormac Murphy.

I assume that you weren't at the game. Last Sunday was incredible. I have never before seen a player that seemed to have express instructions to avoid the ball at all costs. If his teammates had the ball and they were starting an attack and he was in a position to get the ball and assist the attack he was completely uninterested and just looking to run over to Graham Reilly. It was naive, childish, Stone Age tactics and it was great to see Reilly get two well taken crucial scores in spite of this attention. Only thing is he succeeded in putting Reilly out of the game.

Tbh, I am no longer as well up on the rules but I would have thought that this behaviour must have been worthy of the black card but maybe not.

Jebus don't encourage them!
MWWSI 2017

Jinxy

Louth have had plenty of hatchet men down through the years.
The only reason nobody really noticed is because they usually went out in the first round of the championship.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

ck

Would I be right in thinking that this is Aidan O'Rourkes first inter county role as manager? Is the blame with him or do Louth just not have the players?

haranguerer

The Monaghan lads on here were mad looking AO'R to take them last time the job was up, questioning MO'Rs ability and credentials  ;D

Main Street

Quote from: haranguerer on April 10, 2014, 09:17:14 AM
The Monaghan lads on here were mad looking AO'R to take them last time the job was up, questioning MO'Rs ability and credentials  ;D
You are referring to the thread about the new Monaghan manager,  where there was  one monaghan poster who had reservations about MOR's appointment and not a peep from anyone about AOR not getting the job, is somehow translated in your foolish head , via some mangled derangement, to  monaghan lads were mad  etc etc ....  ::)

haranguerer

Quote from: Main Street on April 10, 2014, 02:12:57 PM
You are referring to the thread about the new Monaghan manager,  where there was  one monaghan poster who had reservations about MOR's appointment and not a peep from anyone about AOR not getting the job, is somehow translated in your foolish head , via some mangled derangement, to  monaghan lads were mad  etc etc ....  ::)

IN fairness not all MS, artistic licence, and a bit of pettiness, I wouldnt resist an opportunity to get a dig in at some of my neighbours however it arose, ya know yourself  ;)

Anyway, you cant complain too much, you've used a fair bit of artistic licence youself there - there were quite a few who had reservations, and there definitely was at least one who compared MOR unfavourably to AOR, in advocating AOR for the job.

Bingo

Never mind Louth, where there is a will there is a way.

This is our new stand in Castleblayney. First game this weekend in front of it. 2,000 new bucket seats under cover.

Quite happy with it to be fair.

screenexile

Ah now MS I remember telling a few of you lads at the time you were mad not to think of MOR as a serious operator who would improve the team!

With regard to O'Rourke he has managed Louth, Queen's and Dromintee and coached Down and Kildare I believe.

Lecale2

Shocking that a County with the population of Louth are playing here when clubs up the road in Monaghan have those sort of facilities.

muppet

What is all the Meath led bashing of everything Louthish?

in retaliation I will now be supporting Louth, as my 2nd team, for the rest of the year. If they play Meath I may even bump them up to no.1 for the day.
MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

Quote from: Lecale2 on April 10, 2014, 04:23:39 PM

Shocking that a County with the population of Louth are playing here when clubs up the road in Monaghan have those sort of facilities.

Jaysus those boundary walls give me the shivers. I got a dunt into one of them in fecking Newbridge one day, nearly shook the teeth out of my head.

Rossfan

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 10, 2014, 04:37:38 PM
Quote from: Lecale2 on April 10, 2014, 04:23:39 PM

Jaysus those boundary walls give me the shivers. I got a dunt into one of them in fecking Newbridge one day, nearly shook the teeth out of my head.
Some "Dunt" if it knocked you from Newbridge to Drogheda  :o
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

AZOffaly

That sort of boundary wall I meant, not the wall in Drogheda in particular :)

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 10, 2014, 05:01:30 PM
That sort of boundary wall I meant, not the wall in Drogheda in particular :)

IIRC a young Donegal lad lost his life after a collision with such a wall. Was it U-21?
MWWSI 2017

Main Street

Quote from: screenexile on April 10, 2014, 03:59:16 PM

Ah now MS I remember telling a few of you lads at the time you were mad not to think of MOR as a serious operator who would improve the team!

With regard to O'Rourke he has managed Louth, Queen's and Dromintee and coached Down and Kildare I believe.
There was only one monaghan poster who took issue with the MOR appointment.
Are you in the same asylum of delusion as that mad fermanagh poster Haranguerer?
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=22154.0
And nobody cried over not appointing AOR.