Maigh Eo v Doire, Pairc An Chrócaigh, De Domhnaigh 13ú Aibreain, 1400

Started by macdanger2, April 01, 2014, 10:45:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Tubberman on April 11, 2014, 11:03:48 PM
Quote from: Syferus on April 11, 2014, 11:02:10 PM
Aside from Barrett coming back that looks pretty much like the Mayo side that will start the championship campaign (in Ireland) unless the other O'Shea or Moran can dislodge Gibbons.

Cillian O'Connor!?

Oh Jesus, I forgot the poor ladeen! Why isn't he starting?

Tubberman

Quote from: Syferus on April 11, 2014, 11:26:03 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on April 11, 2014, 11:03:48 PM
Quote from: Syferus on April 11, 2014, 11:02:10 PM
Aside from Barrett coming back that looks pretty much like the Mayo side that will start the championship campaign (in Ireland) unless the other O'Shea or Moran can dislodge Gibbons.

Glute injury.
Predicitive text had changed it to a 'flute injury' which would have made for a more entertaining explanation :-)

Cillian O'Connor!?

Oh Jesus, I forgot the poor ladeen! Why isn't he starting?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

moysider

Might not line out like that and maybe this gig is not being taken serious - I m not taking it seriously.
Backs are ok but the rest does not reflect what has happened in last few games - taking into account injuries as well. Even selecting Kevin Mc at 13 again is poor. Play best playrs  where they're most effective ffs.

larryin89

Quote from: moysider on April 12, 2014, 12:20:55 AM
Might not line out like that and maybe this gig is not being taken serious - I m not taking it seriously.
Backs are ok but the rest does not reflect what has happened in last few games - taking into account injuries as well. Even selecting Kevin Mc at 13 again is poor. Play best playrs  where they're most effective ffs.

Not following this Moy, who would you play in the first six forwards that's available from panel?

Adam Gallagher for Andy Moran ? Would you keep going  with Sweeney?

Higgans back to his more customary role as a corner back ? I'd go with that one mind.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

From the Bunker

Quote from: larryin89 on April 12, 2014, 01:13:53 AM
Quote from: moysider on April 12, 2014, 12:20:55 AM

Not following this Moy, who would you play in the first six forwards that's available from panel?

Adam Gallagher for Andy Moran ? Would you keep going  with Sweeney?

Higgans back to his more customary role as a corner back ? I'd go with that one mind.

Horan, playing silly beggars with that team. Horan wants to win this competition and any competition he wants to win means not showing his hand before the game. Really looking forward to this game. Derry will be well up for it and right now that is what Mayo need going into championship. Hope we get the narrow win i'd be expecting.

Farrandeelin

McLoughlin at 13 prob means Freeman and Sweeney as a two man full forward line. Andy at 11 would be grand if he stops taking 2 or 3 solos every time he gets the ball while Higgins and Doc will have to contribute more on the scoreboard. Relatively happy with the backs but at this stage I wonder will we manage to keep a clean sheet at all.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

macdanger2

Is there a thread for the other game at all?? Should be two good games on Sunday

Crete Boom

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 12, 2014, 07:46:48 AM
McLoughlin at 13 prob means Freeman and Sweeney as a two man full forward line. Andy at 11 would be grand if he stops taking 2 or 3 solos every time he gets the ball while Higgins and Doc will have to contribute more on the scoreboard. Relatively happy with the backs but at this stage I wonder will we manage to keep a clean sheet at all.

It would be nice to keep one clean sheet!! I predict a tough dour battle ( well relative to the high scoring we have has so far)  with a 1 or 2 point winning margin which I hope is Mayo but I wouldn't be surprised if Derry win.

quiganmaster

Really looking forward to getting back down to corker to support the oak leavers again tomorrow. This will be a real indicator as to where we're currently at. I would hope we can go toe to toe with mayo, hopefully Mckaige, the midfield and a few forwards win their personal battles. If we can get our main men on the ball and play OUR game as oppose do stopping mayos I can see us nipping a win. All about building up to the championship now so it's crucial we start to get our starting 15 together and prevent any injuries. I feel young McFaul has made the most progress this year along with Mcguckin so will be very interested in how these 2 do in particular. Hope Duffy can hold his own as well, as he is a useful corner back! Says in the IN we have 9 u21s in our squad, could anyone name these for me. I also seen that we have a number of 18/19 year olds who got a run out last week so we are starting to get a strong, young squad together. Everyone please make an effort to get down to dublin tomorrow to cheer the boys on, Doire abú!!!!

Walter Cronc

Quote from: quiganmaster on April 12, 2014, 05:45:18 PM
Really looking forward to getting back down to corker to support the oak leavers again tomorrow. This will be a real indicator as to where we're currently at. I would hope we can go toe to toe with mayo, hopefully Mckaige, the midfield and a few forwards win their personal battles. If we can get our main men on the ball and play OUR game as oppose do stopping mayos I can see us nipping a win. All about building up to the championship now so it's crucial we start to get our starting 15 together and prevent any injuries. I feel young McFaul has made the most progress this year along with Mcguckin so will be very interested in how these 2 do in particular. Hope Duffy can hold his own as well, as he is a useful corner back! Says in the IN we have 9 u21s in our squad, could anyone name these for me. I also seen that we have a number of 18/19 year olds who got a run out last week so we are starting to get a strong, young squad together. Everyone please make an effort to get down to dublin tomorrow to cheer the boys on, Doire abú!!!!

Are you from the 'quigan? You appear too nice and positive :)

quiganmaster

Quote from: Walter Cronc on April 12, 2014, 05:52:29 PM
Quote from: quiganmaster on April 12, 2014, 05:45:18 PM

Are you from the 'quigan? You appear too nice and positive :)

Haha we've changed around the lough shore now 8)! What's your views about tomorrow? Are you going down?

Captain Obvious

Derry were playing division two football last year they have already exceeded expectations by reaching this semi final and are in bonus territory now. Mayo have reached the last two All Ireland finals and will be expecting to reach this league final anything else will be disappointment for them.

J OGorman

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 12, 2014, 06:45:04 PM
Derry were playing division two football last year they have already exceeded expectations by reaching this semi final and are in bonus territory now. Mayo have reached the last two All Ireland finals and will be expecting to reach this league final anything else will be disappointment for them.

It's like this entire league campaign has passed you by

Fuzzman

Having went to school in Derry I was brought up hating ye lot and went to the "we beat Derry with 13 men" match with two Derry lads. But living in Dublin now combined with her lack of competitiveness in for a long time now, I'm able to support ye again now. Can't make the match but have a sneaky feeling ye will shock Mayo and win. Reading the IN yesterday I read this is the first Derry team in ages with great team spirit and togetherness. I know the Mayo boys will hate me but I think they're looking ahead to the final and the summer whereas Derry know this is their big chance to win a National title and would give them great belief in themselves and their new manager.

IolarCoisCuain

A headline in this morning's Sunday Times refers to "Free-Scoring Mayo". Discuss.