Maigh Eo v Doire, Pairc An Chrócaigh, De Domhnaigh 13ú Aibreain, 1400

Started by macdanger2, April 01, 2014, 10:45:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cockahoop

Quote from: rosnarun on April 04, 2014, 11:05:53 AM
ill preface this with i know mayo could still lose but it would be embarrassing in the extreme if they did ,
Derry are showing the league no respect whatsoever and its very unfair on the players from counties trying to Qualify when Derry seem to be trying to throw this game.
there should be a 'Bringing the game into disrepute charge ' to Punish  this behaviour.
I'm seriously thinking  about deliberately missing  my 1st league game in about 5 years , So what if mayo win against a team of Derry subs and a loss as i said would be a disaster.
next time you hear about a Derry club or CB whinging about Finance they should be reminded of sunday

just out of curiousity when did you here a derry club or CB whinge about Finance?

cockahoop

ill preface this with i know mayo could still lose but it would be embarrassing in the extreme if they did ,
Derry are showing the league no respect whatsoever and its very unfair on the players from counties trying to Qualify when Derry seem to be trying to throw this game.
there should be a 'Bringing the game into disrepute charge ' to Punish  this behaviour.
I'm seriously thinking  about deliberately missing  my 1st league game in about 5 years , So what if mayo win against a team of Derry subs and a loss as i said would be a disaster.
next time you hear about a Derry club or CB whinging about Finance they should be reminded of sunday

aye they should have brought that rule in after the 2006 football final!!

whiskeysteve

Likewise you are showing the Derry players, who have all weighed in with a fantastic attitude this year, no respect whatsoever. What a load of crying nonsense. Provided the team shows up fully motivated and ready to perform McIver can pick from the wider panel whomsoever he wants.

Big difference in picking an experimental line-up and 'throwing a game'.

P.S. would love to hear your suggestions on how to enforce a 'disrepute charge' based on team selection.
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

muppet

I am not sure forcing CBs to pay fines for unacceptable team selections is the way to go.  ;D

It is bad enough trying to please the media, the supporters and us internet warriors as it is.
MWWSI 2017

shawshank

Derry are entitled to play whatever players they have who are training fully with the panel. Other teams who fielded 'weaker' teams in the early rounds who maybe need Derry to win or draw to help them along are hardly in a position to complain. Dublin came to Derry with only six of the starters who won the All Ireland, didn't hear a dicky bow about it. Give my fecking head peace!! FFS

Farrandeelin

Quote from: shawshank on April 04, 2014, 11:56:29 AM
Derry are entitled to play whatever players they have who are training fully with the panel. Other teams who fielded 'weaker' teams in the early rounds who maybe need Derry to win or draw to help them along are hardly in a position to complain. Dublin came to Derry with only six of the starters who won the All Ireland, didn't hear a dicky bow about it. Give my fecking head peace!! FFS

Well said. I wonder will Horan experiment, or will he want to go all gung-ho?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Crete Boom

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 04, 2014, 03:55:54 PM
Quote from: shawshank on April 04, 2014, 11:56:29 AM

Well said. I wonder will Horan experiment, or will he want to go all gung-ho?

I don't know Farr which would way would be best to go. Lads do need game time but we don't have the luxury the Derrymen have as we need to win to make the semi's! Also I can't remember us having it easy against Derry as they fairly hammered us in Mac's last game and we poxed a league win up there in 2010 so my preference would be go strong and get the job done.

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: maigheo on April 04, 2014, 02:37:51 AM
I assume you are talking about Aiden Henry ,Iolar.That is one paper I hope to never read again in my lifetime after the hatchet job they done on Horan last september

I think that's the man Maigheo, yeah. He had a genuinely spectacular pop at Horan after the All-Ireland, and I'm under the impression he's kept it up since. Imagine a cross between Eamon Dunphy and Willie Frazier and you'll get an idea of the sort of stuff he was coming out with.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on April 04, 2014, 07:33:53 PM
I assume you are talking about Aiden Henry ,Iolar.That is one paper I hope to never read again in my lifetime after the hatchet job they done on Horan last september

I think that's the man Maigheo, yeah. He had a genuinely spectacular pop at Horan after the All-Ireland, and I'm under the impression he's kept it up since. Imagine a cross between Eamon Dunphy and Willie Frazier and you'll get an idea of the sort of stuff he was coming out with.

There must be a lot of people hanging onto every word of his though.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 04, 2014, 08:34:29 PM

There must be a lot of people hanging onto every word of his though.

That s the problem Farr. So many people in the county are informed by the likes of that shite. Everything they read or hear on madwest is gospel. 

Still no sign of a team but I don t expect Horan to be unfluenced by the Derry selection. Even if he shook it up most of the panel is seasoned anyway and would look familiar. Like a midfield of Barry, Seamie or Parsons wouldn t look out of place.

muppet

Jebus!
MWWSI 2017

sheamy

Mayo CB should be fined for bringing the game into disrepute.

It's an insult to the league to not name your name to supporters who pay good money in to see the team.

Enda Kenny, would you please sort this mess out?!!!  :o

moysider

Quote from: sheamy on April 04, 2014, 10:03:54 PM

It's an insult to the league to not name your name to supporters who pay good money in to see the team.Enda Kenny, would you please sort this mess out?!!!  :o

Yeah, especially Derry supporters who would probably like to know they would get to see most of the Mayo stars after a longish journey down.

Seriously though, it is disrespectful to fans. And it is deliberate but not deliberately disrespectful of course.

muppet

Quote from: sheamy on April 04, 2014, 10:03:54 PM

It's an insult to the league to not name your name to supporters who pay good money in to see the team.

Enda Kenny, would you please sort this mess out?!!!  :o

Even our more eccentric supporters probably know our name.  ;D
MWWSI 2017