Garda Commissioner resigns

Started by Shamrock Shore, March 25, 2014, 09:59:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: deiseach on March 25, 2014, 02:38:52 PM
I don't see how this saves Shatter. All the guns are going to be trained on him now, and they'll be armed with the knowledge that the man whose water he was carrying has left him to it. Shatter's robust defence of Callinan was always high risk. It's just gotten more so.

Well I agree but you're making the mistake of being rational and honest about it. Kenny will be on to Labour behind the scenes now - "will ye drop it now lads? We got rid of Callinan so lets all stay in our nice cosy jobs and we'll leave it there...."

Hardy

It would probably happen if Labour decided to go for it, a la the Harry Whelehan affair, and sent in Ruairí the button man again. "We've come for a head, Enda."

Tubberman

Far from going away, it's after getting worse!
This is the real reason Callinan went today, because there's not a chance he could stay in the job with this on top of the whistleblower controversy:

http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/0325/604505-garda-recordings/
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Hardy

deiseach

Hardy

johnneycool

magpie seanie

With the list of Minister for Defense we've had in this State it's hardly surprising.

Billys Boots

Apparently Shatter is in trouble because he took the Govt jet off to Brussels after being told he couldn't have it. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

rosnarun

does nor every 2 bit company record or at least warn of the possiblity of recording calls. i would always assume my calls are being recorded, esp by the cops,and work on that basis
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Shamrock Shore

Ah it's like it's back to the 70s when we had FG and Labour in Govt, Concrate Cooney in charge of Justice and the heavy gang in the Gardaí.

Train Robbery anyone?

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

seafoid

It's a long way from Garda Patrol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVUBQs04nMk

Did anyone have drink taken ?

An Gaeilgoir

Independent Garda commission now to be put in place, this reminds me a bit of GUBU, will FG survive all of this? Shatter has pinned his colours to Callinan's mast, what is Enda to do now....

Pandora's box is well and truly opened, it will be hard to get the lid back on this....

A lot of lads in jail must be getting on to their solicitors this evening.....

Did the heavy gang ever go away?