Aussie Rules

Started by hitzelsperger, April 12, 2007, 02:03:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hitzelsperger

The new season now a couple of weeks old and there hasnt been one mention of it thus far so might as well get one rolling.

Whos everyone supporting?

West Coast have started brightly with Daniel Kerr in immense form along with the brilliant Chris Judd.
Brisbane and the bombers have started well also. Looks like its gona be a long season for the demons and richmond!

Setanta getting a regular start for the blues and begley promoted to the lions senior roster, along with impressive clarke at collingwood theres plenty of irish interest down under!

The Real Laoislad

I always keep a eye out for Essedon as i lived in that area and went to a lot of their games,Also keep a eye on Colm Begley the former Laois player who is with Brisbane
You'll Never Walk Alone.

GalwayBayBoy

Followed the Saints when I lived in Australia. Lived in St Kilda itself.

Oh when the Saints, go marching in,
Oh when the Saints go marching in,
Oh how I want to be with St Kilda.
When the Saints go marching in.

Oh when the Saints, go marching in,
Oh when the Saints go marching in,
Oh how I want to be with St Kilda.
When the Saints go marching in.

;D

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

One game I could never get into is the auld Aussie Rules.

fearglasmor

No real interest except to see the Irish lads doing well.

Great Leap Forward

I will be shouting for the Hawks as usual. They have a lot of potential but they will do well to get a top eight finish.

The Eagles will be hard to work with again this year although Cousins seems to have went off the rails a bit.

The Real Laoislad

Any news on the two O'Halpin brothers?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

hitzelsperger

Setanta has nailed down a place at full back, think they like him out there as hes big, fast and agile which is needed in full back. will be interesting to see how he goes if he gets a good run of games. think he kept the lions big star john brown quiet in recent game so signs look bright. Has taken him so long to get to this stage, by all accounts he competed from the start in all the athletic tests but just hadnt the football skills so that is why its taken him time to come good. As for aisake i dont know, hes playing games for the reserve side but doesnt seem to be in the mention for a call up, can honestly see him home soon back playin the hurling!

The Great leap your right about Cousins, think he went clean mad on the off season doin drugs and got caught out in a club dope test so decided not to show his face for a day or two at training, this in aussie rules is cardinal sin so the club suspended him, think hes in rehab, hope he come back to his best, awesome on his day. imagine him, kerr and judd all in top form, no better midfield in the league!

Hawks will do well to finish top 8, need a big season from the classy Hodge (who signed contract extension this week), Crawford and the youngster franklin who looks quality! will be interesting to see how the go!

Cant look past the eagles but its early yet!

hitzelsperger

yeah 5times expect clarke to play some part this season and barring injury will be i first teamer this time next year, by all reports the aussie were amazed at his fitness (apparently won the time trial run in his first session down-under) and ball skills (kicks from outside 50 no problem) right from the start and they see him to have potential to reach the top in the sport!
He seems the type of lad that would be good at anything so hope he stay clear of injury and goes onto have a great career!

Great Leap Forward

Cousins is a ropey hoor alright. He got done a few years back for doing a runner to avoid a breathalyzer test.

Apparently he has went off the station since splitting from his girlfriend. There were rumours that she had been messing about with another player although I never heard anything more about that. You wouldn't like to think there was another Wayne Carey scenario on the cards.

hitzelsperger

i heard that rumour myself but think it was a pile of crap! big wayne took some flak for sneakin about with a team mates bird. that shits not on! Wouldnt like to have been the cop runnin after cousins in the breathalyzer test incident, would need the helicopter out to catch him!

stiffler

Anyone wanna join an aussie rules dream team comp go to afl.com.au, then fun and games, then enter join league code: crikey.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

stephenite

Will be heading along to a few Swans games this season, Setanta seems to have made the breakthrough and nailed down a starting place on the team, no word on Aisaike (sp?) yet.
Clarke is going great guns by all accounts - seemingly everyone is amazed by his ability to adapt to the oval ball so quickly. Begley should get a couple of run outs so will be interesting to see how he copes

Aerlik

Fremantle...shit start to the season but we're short a few regulars...the Royalty are on the up this season.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!