russians mee arse...! wheres dustin hoffmann??

Started by lawnseed, March 24, 2014, 04:26:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

Dont worry about ww 111.  Very bad news on the desease war. That horrible desease that features  in the film "outbreak" is very real. Normally the ebolla virus survives dormantly in the deserts of guinea in central africa occasionaly sporring to kill a few local goat guys who may wander too close. In this latest installment it has killed 60 people and found its way into the capital city. Many scientists believe that the black death that ravaged europe was in fact the ebolla virus... Oh sheeit
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

seafoid

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/archives/2013/apr/25/how-animals-may-cause-next-big-one/

The problem with many bio- apocalyptic scenarios is that they're ahistorical and unscientific. Viruses that are effective killers, like Ebola, tend to burn out quickly because they annihilate their hosts before germs can spread too far. Viruses that are highly transmissible, like the so-called Spanish flu of 1918, tend to kill only a small percentage of those infected. (The Spanish flu infected 30 percent of the world's population. It killed about 2 percent.)

It's like fuball. Armagh were like Ebola. Kerry are Spanish flu

Hardy

Quote from: lawnseed on March 24, 2014, 04:26:39 AM
Dont worry about ww 111.  Very bad news on the desease war. That horrible desease that features  in the film "outbreak" is very real. Normally the ebolla virus survives dormantly in the deserts of guinea in central africa occasionaly sporring to kill a few local goat guys who may wander too close. In this latest installment it has killed 60 people and found its way into the capital city. Many scientists believe that the black death that ravaged europe was in fact the ebolla virus... Oh sheeit

No, they don't.

(What's "sporring"?)

armaghniac

I was chatting with a top Doc from the College of Surgeons recently, who pointed out that a cure for heart disease or cancer was only a matter of time, as these were fairly fixed targets and new approaches were being developed all the time. He also said that a disease would wipe out the Human Race, as it evolves quickly and no research can be conducted that fast.  As we now live in cities and have air travel etc, we are ripe targets.

It makes you think.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BennyCake

Quote from: armaghniac on March 24, 2014, 10:47:15 AM
I was chatting with a top Doc from the College of Surgeons recently, who pointed out that a cure for heart disease or cancer was only a matter of time, as these were fairly fixed targets and new approaches were being developed all the time. He also said that a disease would wipe out the Human Race, as it evolves quickly and no research can be conducted that fast.  As we now live in cities and have air travel etc, we are ripe targets.

It makes you think.

I am 100% certain that there already is a cure for cancer.

Tony Baloney

lawnseed

The makeup of the population of these countries where ebola survives has changed.  These countries have bustling overcrowded cities with poor living conditions where ebola can spread expedentionally all over the world in a matter of hours. Plus an outbreak would send central africans spilling over the neighbours borders with disasterous consequences in terms of disease countrol... Spraying the wheels wont work...
Maybe  because  ebola starred in a hollywood movie its a juicy story. Scares the pants off you when you think of modern travel could give it the leg up to do become an apocalypse

Puckoon

Working for a company on the front lines of the research into drugs to treat a great many illnesses - but cancer in particular, my opinion is that the claim that cancer already has a cure - is nonsense.

I watch the huge pharmaceutical industries killing compound after compound (that they have spent millions developing) due to independent toxicity findings in their safety reports. We run these reports, not the government, and not the drug companies. Independently conducted as a third party with no bias.

Finding a molecule to kill cancer cells is no great shake. There are thousands. Finding one that leaves everything else even relatively intact is significantly more challenging. Finding one that is specific is even more difficult again.  There are some great candidates out there - but it takes on average 15 years to get a drug approved, at a cost to the pharm company of $500,000,0000 to $1 billion dollars. Believe me, if a company had a cancer curing drug they would be wanting to get it on the market as soon as possible. The 20 year patent clock starts ticking at the moment the IND filing is submitted (Investigational New Drug). After that the company needs to complete clinical trials in humans as further safety data. A lucky company gets 15 years to capitalize on their patent, and may only get a 5-7 years to market the drug exclusively. 

How much would you pay to cure your cancer? The value is too great, there are too many selfless workers involved for this conspiracy.

The Iceman

Quote from: Puckoon on March 24, 2014, 07:27:35 PM
Working for a company on the front lines of the research into drugs to treat a great many illnesses - but cancer in particular, my opinion is that the claim that cancer already has a cure - is nonsense.

I watch the huge pharmaceutical industries killing compound after compound (that they have spent millions developing) due to independent toxicity findings in their safety reports. We run these reports, not the government, and not the drug companies. Independently conducted as a third party with no bias.

Finding a molecule to kill cancer cells is no great shake. There are thousands. Finding one that leaves everything else even relatively intact is significantly more challenging. Finding one that is specific is even more difficult again.  There are some great candidates out there - but it takes on average 15 years to get a drug approved, at a cost to the pharm company of $500,000,0000 to $1 billion dollars. Believe me, if a company had a cancer curing drug they would be wanting to get it on the market as soon as possible. The 20 year patent clock starts ticking at the moment the IND filing is submitted (Investigational New Drug). After that the company needs to complete clinical trials in humans as further safety data. A lucky company gets 15 years to capitalize on their patent, and may only get a 5-7 years to market the drug exclusively. 

How much would you pay to cure your cancer? The value is too great, there are too many selfless workers involved for this conspiracy.
What about prevention rather than cure? Raw food vegans would claim that their diet prevents cancer - in fact many alternative cancer treatment clinics would promote the diet like The Gerson Center in Mexico and I believe Hungary. I think the drug companies are big business. Watch some of the documentaries out there on the subject - "The Beautiful Truth" is a recent one i watched about the Gerson Center and how the "scientist/doctor Gerson" was allegedly poisoned by the Pharma Companies for curing cancer.... worth looking in to if nothing else....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Apparently so

Just had a blue bag of doritos for the first time in ages. Forgot how nice they were

Marvelous

All of a Sludden

Don't sit too close to any Darkies, you'll be grand.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Puckoon

Has trust in all governments got so bad to where people prefer to roll out the likes of Max Gerson and his research as a suggestion of where we should be at?

Why is his clinic in Mexico? Because his work was never tested, validated and is illegal in the USA. Why? 'Cause he got a bunch of people sick and prescribes things like raw calf's liver (even though he doesnt prescribe the eating of meet because the the animal proteins cause pancreatic enzyeme deficiency), and coffee or castor oil enemas. Guy lost his medical license and his peers (not the government) cast major doubt upon his findings. Peer opinion is often times the best indicator of truth.

He was a pioneer natural living and prevention being better to cure cancer. Tell me what's natural, or healing, about shoving a pound of Seattle's finest up your hole? Natural detoxicification of all those toxins stuffing up our colons and bowels? BTW - I am all for eating a diet that is more natural than my current one. It might make me feel better, it might make me live longer. It might not at the same time, and I wouldnt rely on it to cure cancer, should I get it.

Discredited quacks don't have a better bead on this shit than the professionals. Think about how ubiquitous and brutal cancer is. It has most likely touched the highest of CEOs in the highest of pharmaceutical companies. Is it plausibile that all the doctors, technichians, scientists, stockholders, business excecutives all just sitting on the cure? Not at all, in my opinion.

The Iceman

Quote from: Puckoon on March 24, 2014, 08:32:05 PM
Has trust in all governments got so bad to where people prefer to roll out the likes of Max Gerson and his research as a suggestion of where we should be at?

Why is his clinic in Mexico? Because his work was never tested, validated and is illegal in the USA. Why? 'Cause he got a bunch of people sick and prescribes things like raw calf's liver (even though he doesnt prescribe the eating of meet because the the animal proteins cause pancreatic enzyeme deficiency), and coffee or castor oil enemas. Guy lost his medical license and his peers (not the government) cast major doubt upon his findings. Peer opinion is often times the best indicator of truth.

He was a pioneer natural living and prevention being better to cure cancer. Tell me what's natural, or healing, about shoving a pound of Seattle's finest up your hole? Natural detoxicification of all those toxins stuffing up our colons and bowels? BTW - I am all for eating a diet that is more natural than my current one. It might make me feel better, it might make me live longer. It might not at the same time, and I wouldnt rely on it to cure cancer, should I get it.

Discredited quacks don't have a better bead on this shit than the professionals. Think about how ubiquitous and brutal cancer is. It has most likely touched the highest of CEOs in the highest of pharmaceutical companies. Is it plausibile that all the doctors, technichians, scientists, stockholders, business excecutives all just sitting on the cure? Not at all, in my opinion.
I don't begin to know whether they are sitting on the cure or not. But I would certainly cast doubt on their mission as companies. They seem to be making the most money out of the whole situation. Take Aspartame for example, surely it should be banned but the "diet" industry makes a fortune from it so it's still around even though it is slowly killing people..... How many drugs that are FDA approved now 10 years later are at the center of huge lawsuits across America? I don't have a lot of faith in the drug companies or there success rates (so far) in tackling cancer. Nothing against what you are doing as an employee - I just don't think your employers have the same mission of trying to better the world....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

lawnseed

Quote from: All of a Sludden on March 24, 2014, 08:19:29 PM
Don't sit too close to any Darkies, you'll be grand.
Ooopps! Id say youll encounter more central africans than I will given where we live. If theres an outbreak pm me an i'll have a word with the border guards and get you a pass into "cleaner" south armagh.