The latest annoying social media trend thread

Started by Eamonnca1, March 20, 2014, 02:55:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sidney

Quote from: Hardy on August 16, 2014, 12:01:52 AM
I was that woman.

It all started when ... oh wait. Wrong forum.
Try WeddingsOnline.ie, mate.

I think I still have an account there from when An Fear Rua posters trolled the place about 6 years ago.

Eamonnca1

Speaking of childer and FB, you know what really grinds my gears? People putting pictures of their offspring up as their own profile picture. WTF is up with that?

Sidney

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on August 16, 2014, 07:24:52 AM
Speaking of childer and FB, you know what really grinds my gears? People putting pictures of their offspring up as their own profile picture. WTF is up with that?
It's fooking weird, that's what it is.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Sidney

Outraged thejournal.ie users have set up an "outrage page" on Facebook to vent their frustration at anonymous readers pressing the "thumbs down" button in response to comments under articles.

Mary Duffy of Monaghan said "something had to be done". "I was reading an article about a 78 year old man who died after being knocked down by a car in Cork. I left a comment "so sad, rip." Then a minute later I saw somebody had given a thumbs down sign to my comment. So I responded again asking why somebody would do that. Then that comment got a thumbs down sign, and the whole comment section then turned into a row about people giving thumbs down signs and asking why people would do such a thing. This is about the tenth time this has happened to me after I left an "RIP" comment about somebody dying after being knocked down."

When I asked "Anonymous", who didn't say where he/she lived, why they give thumbs down signs to such comments, they responded: "Because I'm f**king bored, have no life, and because I get a laugh out of making other people who have no life but are clearly very stupid act like children on the INTERNET over a matter of no f**king importance whatsoever."

"I felt I had to do something, so I set up a Facebook page to deal with the problem", said Mary. " I don't know why people do this sort of thing. But it has to be stopped." The Facebook page currently has three followers and six "likes".

Mary will be on Liveline today to discuss this growing problem.

Sidney

Quote from: orangeman on August 21, 2014, 10:54:35 PM
http://www.independent.ie/world-news/als-ice-bucket-challenge-cofounder-corey-griffin-drowns-aged-27-30525335.html

Sad end.
A man who knew that he could exploit the shallow, vacuous, attention-seeking nature of modern western society for charitable gain. A visionary.

Sadly, what he was diving in wasn't as shallow as the minds of most social media devotees.

ballinaman

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on August 25, 2014, 11:06:29 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on August 22, 2014, 08:33:35 AM
Not going to lie....I laughed...a lot.

http://youtu.be/K4qADFNsDxE

Not as much as I laughed at this one I bet.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoLbdQi3MIg
Lolz. Dopey bitch. Seen one on the missus phone yesterday where the dolls swimsuit top fell downbunder the weight of the water  :D

ONeill

Think someone lost their life doing it today.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.