The latest annoying social media trend thread

Started by Eamonnca1, March 20, 2014, 02:55:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

Captain Obvious

No make-up selfies for breast cancer awareness and now sock on a c**k for testicular cancer awareness. Are both for real?

Never beat the deeler

Haven't seen the sock on a c**k one, but the no-makeup one is harmless enough.

A few on my newsfeed are donating money as they put up the selfie so to my mind that's a few dollars that Cancer research, or a hospice or some other charity wouldn't have received otherwise

http://news.uk.msn.com/selfie-windfall-for-cancer-charity

Edit: Added link
Hasta la victoria siempre

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

I am finding these no makeup selfies quite annoying but have not had my usual rant against facebook trends or acts of daftness as a good % actually appear to be making donations and this is supported by cancer research and support groups in several countries.

Basically, as it is actually doing some good I am biting my tongue on facebook.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Eamonnca1

Me too. Beats the hell out of neknomination. Although I have my doubts about some charities too, but that's another thread.

Olly

Can we not do something on the board? What about posting pictures of our wives or girlfriends or boyfriends in bed wearing nothing but the jersey of your county or club (with boxer shorts etc obviously). Then we donate something to somewhere if we like the picture. The more provocative the picture the more we donate.

EG, say if hardstation posts a picture of his wife in an Antrim top with maybe a cheeky glance then we can donate if it pleases us and he can have tallies alongside his name. Then this will maybe encourage people who like to win things like Fearon to go a step further with his missus. It could lead to some deadly crack.

eg:

Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

theskull1

Quote from: Olly on March 20, 2014, 12:22:48 PM
What about posting pictures of our wives or girlfriends or boyfriends

Reminds me of a work colleagues quip (twas a bit like yourself Olly) at a Christmas do when another (more god fearing) colleague was leaving as his wife had just pulled up outside.

"Sure bring her in so we can all give her marks out of 10"

Very Christian of him for not reporting him to HR

Also heard him tell another (this time female) colleague based in London "All of a sudden I find you much taller and better looking" when she happened to mention the value of her parents house when talking about property prices.

Not wise..but very funny
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

gerrykeegan

2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

BennyCake

Is social media the f**king bane of society or what?

Dinny Breen

Quote from: BennyCake on March 20, 2014, 05:46:11 PM

You do see the irony there?

Or did I miss it?
#newbridgeornowhere

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: BennyCake on March 20, 2014, 05:46:11 PM

I agree champ.....................................even our gaa brethren from all counties come across as proper c***ts with there tweeting twattering

TabClear

Quote from: theskull1 on March 20, 2014, 01:28:12 PM

Reminds me of a work colleagues quip (twas a bit like yourself Olly) at a Christmas do when another (more god fearing) colleague was leaving as his wife had just pulled up outside.

Also heard him tell another (this time female) colleague based in London "All of a sudden I find you much taller and better looking" when she happened to mention the value of her parents house when talking about property prices.

Not wise..but very funny

No harm but anyone who reports either of those comments to HR needs to catch themselves on. Obviously don't know the individuals or the context but both those comments are harmless and said directly to the person in banter. Like you say Skull, very funny and a bit ofCraic.

It's one of my pet hates, people who run off whining to HR about the slightest little thing.

Rant over! ;)

Eamonnca1

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on March 20, 2014, 06:09:44 PM
I agree champ.....................................even our gaa brethren from all counties come across as proper c***ts with there tweeting twattering

Their.

trileacman

Quote from: theskull1 on March 20, 2014, 01:28:12 PM

Not wise..but very funny

That lad's a top man, witty hoor.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Eamonnca1

Seems like now it's going to be sellotape selfies.  ::)