Dublin V Mayo, Saturday 29th March2014. Croke Park 7.00 pm.

Started by moysider, March 19, 2014, 12:08:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryin89

Did someone post that Andy moran would get a place on the Dublin team?

he shouldn't be on the Mayo team Imo, has offered nothing since injury, its mental the way our support keep talking him up . He is not good enough anymore, bring in Evan regan ffs horan ya big ejit ya.

back to Andy, he has lost pace and he his game hadn't a lot of it anyway, his fitness level has dropped because of injuries and his age, he slows play down  for mayo when its already at a snails pace and finally it was ultimately him who lost the game last night, he lead the idea of the ssoccer style pass around the ball in your own half.He has too big an opinion of himself and the youger players are looking up to a man that lacks the realism about his own contribution at this stage ,which is not good.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Syferus

Wind up merchant as always. I can't wait for some fool to actually agree with some of the bile above.

heffo

Jaysus, how did Mayo not win that by ten points?

No lessons learned from last year? Hope the QE2 in midfield plays there all summer

Dont Matter

Andy Moran is too slow. Fact. Aidan O'Shea carries into contact instead of passing far too much. Fact. Mayo are bottlers on the big stage. Not a fact but there has to be questions over it. Dublin are full of dirty players. Fact. The black card has brought diving and asking for players to get carded a common occurrence in matches. Judging on last night it has.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

maigheo

Jeez, Dont MAtter could you crawl back into the hole that you came out of and leave us alone

Lar Naparka

Quote from: heffo on March 30, 2014, 11:06:48 AM

No lessons learned from last year? Hope the QE2 in midfield plays there all summer

Arrah, shag off, will ya; no need to rub it in! ;D
Unfortunately, a lot of others, especially opposing managers and players, will share your sentiments.
Unlike good wine, poor Aidan is not improving with age. Some of his old negative habits are beginning to show again. He's gone back to trying to walk the ball through a gaggle off opposition players and nine times out of ten, he loses possession.
He's not noted for his powers of acceleration, to put it mildly and can't build up a head of stem over a few yards so it's easy enough to gang up on him and turn the ball over.
It's all the more regrettable as he has excellent all around vision and is an excellent distributor as well.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

mayoman dan

Quote from: Lar Naparka on March 30, 2014, 01:11:23 PM

Unfortunately, a lot of others, especially opposing managers and players, will share your sentiments.
Unlike good wine, poor Aidan is not improving with age. Some of his old negative habits are beginning to show again. He's gone back to trying to walk the ball through a gaggle off opposition players and nine times out of ten, he loses possession.
He's not noted for his powers of acceleration, to put it mildly and can't build up a head of stem over a few yards so it's easy enough to gang up on him and turn the ball over.
It's all the more regrettable as he has excellent all around vision and is an excellent distributor as well.

Bullshit Lar he is a terrible distributor every time he kicks the ball he gives it away.Hes making the same mistakes time and time again he should be dropped for the derry game and give Parsons a chance.

FL/MAYO

I thought Aidan played well last night except when he decided to take off on one of his runs. On a positive side this can be worked on before the summer. Mayos midfield were better last night. Cillian is not back to match fitness yet, I can see him at 11 during the summer. Our 6 backs from last year haven't started a game together this year hence the high amount of scores conceded. McLoughlin is back playing well again this year. A few players in the wings to come back yet....its only March 30th FFS!

mayoman dan

The way Mayo are set up is not getting the best out of our players.Now before anyone jumps down my throat for having a go at the management let me explain my view.1 to 9 we are as good as anyone.Our forward 6 for whatever reason just dont get the job done.Our inability to make the ball stick in the ff line is a real cause for concern.We persist with a 3 man ff line when its clearly not working and where conceding far to many scores at the opposite end aswell.In my view Higgins should be operated as a sweeper or be played between the full and half back lines where he would be able to drive out with the ball.This would cut down on our concession rate.I believe Cillian will be deployed at 11 in the summer and he should be flanked by Mc Loughlin and Feeney.We dont have the forwards to be getting into shootouts with teams and this system would make us much harder to score against and it would make our attack function much better.Dublin and other top teams know we are best with our half backs driving forward well throw higgins and feeney and mc loughlin into the mix all chipping in with a few scores and we would be very hard to beat.

Farrandeelin

Not having a go at you for 'sticking the boot in the management', but, does anybody seriously think our 1 to 9 is as good as anyone elses. I mean, 2-19, 2-15, 1-13, 3-9, 2-14 and now 3-14... I was worried against Kildare when we conceded 2-19, but to keep this high concession rate going in every league match, it seems odd to me that we have the best backs in the country.

As an aside, I haven't seen Derry at all yet, but they drew with Tyrone (who beat us by 6), and beat Dublin by 6 (who we could only draw with). I cannot get over the sheer condescending manner of which Mayo fans are viewing Derry. And they will come to C'bar high in confidence in getting something too.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: mayoman dan on March 30, 2014, 01:32:51 PM

Bullshit Lar he is a terrible distributor every time he kicks the ball he gives it away.Hes making the same mistakes time and time again he should be dropped for the derry game and give Parsons a chance.
Tell you what, I'll meet you halfway!
He can be a terrible distributor sometimes. And he has been throughout the league so far but he can do a lot better. His awesome display against Donegal last year is now a distant memory and he has gone nowhere near repeating that performance since.
But what he did once can be repeated if only  he can get rid of the demons of doubt from between his lugs.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

mayoman dan

Quote from: Lar Naparka on March 30, 2014, 02:48:44 PM
Quote from: mayoman dan on March 30, 2014, 01:32:51 PM

Tell you what, I'll meet you halfway!
He can be a terrible distributor sometimes. And he has been throughout the league so far but he can do a lot better. His awesome display against Donegal last year is now a distant memory and he has gone nowhere near repeating that performance since.
But what he did once can be repeated if only  he can get rid of the demons of doubt from between his lugs.

This is what makes it so annoying Lar we know he has all the talent in the world but some days for whatever reason it just dosent happen for him.Could he be tried at ff hes well able to win the ball its his decision making with it thats the problem.

mayoman dan

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 30, 2014, 02:33:42 PM
Not having a go at you for 'sticking the boot in the management', but, does anybody seriously think our 1 to 9 is as good as anyone elses. I mean, 2-19, 2-15, 1-13, 3-9, 2-14 and now 3-14... I was worried against Kildare when we conceded 2-19, but to keep this high concession rate going in every league match, it seems odd to me that we have the best backs in the country.

Our first choice back 6 and best goalkeeper Clarke have not started a game together all season Farrandeelin and the black card has also had an affect.

easytiger95

If I was Aidan O'Shea i'd be ringing Ciaran Whelan and asking him what to do about criticism like the above - Jaysis lads the Dubs were destroyed at midfied last night, and we were five points down I think when AOS left the park - it was taking all of McAuley's energy to keep an eye on him and when he left suddenly MDM started running at Mayo.

Don't make the same mistake we made with Whelo, expecting him to do it all, all the time and all alone. At his best o'Shea is awesome, and when he is mediocre he is still a head above most on the pitch.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 30, 2014, 02:33:42 PM

As an aside, I haven't seen Derry at all yet, but they drew with Tyrone (who beat us by 6), and beat Dublin by 6 (who we could only draw with). I cannot get over the sheer condescending manner of which Mayo fans are viewing Derry. And they will come to C'bar high in confidence in getting something too.

Derry will have semi final spot secured after today. The amount Mayo are conceding has to be a concern however you are one win away from reaching the semi final and should have beaten the All Ireland champions last night. Reading over this thread i'd wonder what you Mayo supporters would be like if in division two and not knowing if you are coming or going?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose