Dublin V Mayo, Saturday 29th March2014. Croke Park 7.00 pm.

Started by moysider, March 19, 2014, 12:08:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

highorlow

QuoteI have to call it as I see it.

Mayo are in the driving seat for Saturday. The Dubs have so many players unavailable through injury, suspension and U21 commitments that they are likely to struggle. A Mayo win is the most likely outcome.

A Mayo win in this one will likely only satisfy half of the Mayo posters here.

It's important alright that we get a win over Dublin this time and I think we will. Its not just because of Dublins lengthening injury list but add to that our gradual upward improvement over the campaign. I expect this game to be more physical than any of the league games so far.

THIB, is the Dublin injuries becoming a concern for ye? Is there something up with the lads training schedule causing these injuries?
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: highorlow on March 28, 2014, 12:14:14 PM

THIB, is the Dublin injuries becoming a concern for ye? Is there something up with the lads training schedule causing these injuries?

It's a concern all right – but I think Gavin would have done a lot of rotation in the league in any event. There is a good crop of young lads coming into the reckoning from the successful underage teams of recent years and they have to be looked at, and the league is the place to do it.   

In the meantime I think that Saturday night will be Mayo's.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

squire_in_navy_slacks

Mayo win..................................... Slightly concerned with overall form of Dublin team, Jims management choices ......................................and James Horans weight gain

moysider

Quote from: highorlow on March 28, 2014, 12:14:14 PM
QuoteI have to call it as I see it.

Mayo are in the driving seat for Saturday. The Dubs have so many players unavailable through injury, suspension and U21 commitments that they are likely to struggle. A Mayo win is the most likely outcome.

A Mayo win in this one will likely only satisfy half of the Mayo posters here.It's important alright that we get a win over Dublin this time and I think we will. Its not just because of Dublins lengthening injury list but add to that our gradual upward improvement over the campaign. I expect this game to be more physical than any of the league games so far.

Not sure I get the bit in bold highorlow. Half the posters here want Dublin to win. Surely not.
Have we got a Dublin team yet?
I d like to see us win this so we get a semi probably and another match. But if we win I wouldn t see it as a marker or anything for later. It will probably be of little significance if the 2 meet again later. But there might be some hints about how we re thinking. Will we deal with Cluxton s kick-outs better. On the other hand it is unlikely that Dublin will show too many moves at this stage.
Going forward it will be interesting does Horan intend to get many of the big men on the field at the same time. Barry, Aidan, Seamie, Gibbons and Parsons all can play a bit.

maigheo

a bit surprised to see Connoly back on the Dublin team.So much for the 3 week break for the Vincents players.Should be a good tussle between Connolly and Keegan

The Hill is Blue

DUBLIN (SF v Mayo)

Stephen Cluxton (Parnell's)
Jonny Cooper (Na Fianna)
Rory O'Carroll (Kilmacud Crokes)
Darren Daly (Fingal Ravens)
James McCarthy (Ballymun Kickhams)
Tomás Brady (Na Fianna)
Kevin Nolan (Kilmacud Crokes)
Michael Darragh Macauley (Ballyboden St Enda's)
Cian O'Sullivan (Kilmacud Crokes)
Paul Flynn (Fingallians)
Alan Brogan (St Oliver Plunkett's/Eoghan Ruadh)
Diarmuid Connolly (St Vincent's)
Kevin McManamon (St Jude's)
Eoghan O'Gara (Templeogue Synge St)
Paddy Andrews (St Brigid's)
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Farrandeelin

Scary looking Dublin forward line there. I stand by my original prediction for a narrow Dublin win.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 28, 2014, 10:44:54 PM
Scary looking Dublin forward line there.
Really?

Paul Flynn,Eoghan O'Gara,Paddy Andrews aren't big scorers. How fit is Alan Brogan? Kevin McManamon is arguably better off the bench and i think Mayo will surely mark Diarmuid Connolly better than Castlebar did.

rodney trotter

Nothing wrong with Alan Brogans fitness against Derry, was outstanding. McMemamnin has been playing well this year,missed Derry game with injury

Zulu

Quote from: Captain Obvious on March 28, 2014, 10:54:54 PM
Really?

Paul Flynn,Eoghan O'Gara,Paddy Andrews aren't big scorers. How fit is Alan Brogan? Kevin McManamon is arguably better off the bench and i think Mayo will surely mark Diarmuid Connolly better than Castlebar did.

Paddy Andrews and Flynn (for a half forward) aren't prolific scorers really?

ballinaman

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Zulu on March 28, 2014, 11:06:13 PM
Really?

Paddy Andrews and Flynn (for a half forward) aren't prolific scorers really?

Flynn is one of Dublin's most important players however getting big scores isn't one of his strong points. I don't think Andrews is prolific scorer.

Syferus

Really?

Paul Flynn may not be the heaviest scorer (why would he need to be with the players around him?) but he's one of the best players in the game. The engine of the Dublin team and a real contender for the best player in the country over the past few years.

larryin89

Mayo to blow the dubs apart, kick start their season and turn pessimists like myself into dreamers again.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Tubberman

Quote from: larryin89 on March 29, 2014, 08:11:33 AM
Mayo to blow the dubs apart, kick start their season and turn pessimists like myself into dreamers again.

That's a very pessimistic prediction alright Larry ;-)
The fact that both managers have named their strongest teams should make this a great contest. Stil hard to know how mmuxh we''ll learn for later in the year, probably very little.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."