Quigleys walk out on Fermanagh

Started by The Brick, March 14, 2014, 09:24:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haranguerer

Quote from: mylestheslasher on March 14, 2014, 01:59:06 PM
What says Harangeur?

He was very vocal on Cavans equivalent of the Quigleys. Should the manager be removed in this instance as Bingo said and get someone in who can manage them properly. Clearly Pete McGrath hasn't a clue.

I dont recall being vocal on any Cavan disciplinary issue? (Only cavan thing I've been vocal about was saying let SJ do what he wants)

Seamie is a joy to watch, but a head case. As I said before, after the soccer incident, in the past he was able to call the shots; there was noone close, and opinion was very much split when he was axed because we could ill afford to do without him, warts and all.

Now however, hes not in that position - Sean his brother has been playing better than him, and Tomas Corrigan is also an excellent forward. Its gives the manager a much stronger hand, and he dealt with the soccer incident perfectly imo, another chance, but made clear its his last. This time, noone will be backing Seamie.

Sean and Conor are seperate cases as has been said, it seems in this instance they showed solidarity, he is their brother after all, but they're different. Sean will be back, and Conor too most likely.

Syferus

Sure hasn't Conor been named to the bench for the Limerick game?

Sean should follow suit ASAP and not let his brother derail a very promising career.

Bingo

Can I add that Bingo was been tongue in cheek in his earlier reply. Thank you.

Captain Obvious

Sean IMO the best footballer of the brothers. I feel sorry for Pete McGrath the Quigleys need to cop on.

Wildweasel74

this must be annoying to Fermanagh supporters, that big bollix has the potential to be the best forward in Ireland from what i have seen of him, def needs to drop a stone and show some respect to his teamates instead of been a diva, there was always one of these guys at underage level in your club but u dont expect this attitude at county level. The other brothers have dropped in behind him, seamy is the problem and i wish a close friend would talk to him to see whats hes throwing away, nothing worse than pissing talent away

CD

Quigleys walk waddle out on Fermanagh
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

The Brick

Owens back for Ernemen as McGrath waits on two Quigleys

Fermanagh have been boosted by the return to training of Barry Owens and manager Peter McGrath continues to hope that the Quigley brothers Sean and Conor will return to the squad.
McGrath has confirmed that the other Quigley brother Seamus will not be returning to the squad following a training-ground row last week.
But the manager has left the door open for Sean and Conor Quigley.
McGrath is looking for clarity on their intentions before the end of this week.
Sean and Conor Quigley left Fermanagh training on the evening of 11 March following the disagreement involving their brother.
"Contact has been made and it is up to them," McGrath told the Irish News.
"But having said that we're not going to keep this as an open-ended issue.
"We can't be operating on a will-they-be-back scenario and the players can't be either. So it needs to be sorted out before the end of this week."
However, McGrath has made clear that their will be no route back to the squad for Seamus Quigley.
Owens had indicated that he would return to the squad at some stage during the Spring after family commitments ruled him out for the early stages of the Football League.
Eamonn Maguire has also resumed training with McGrath's squad after being unavailable because of work commitments.
Despite being without the three Quigleys, Fermanagh eased their Division 3 relegation worries with a nine-point win over Limerick at Newcastle West last weekend.
However, the Ernemen will need at least one win from their remaining two homes games against Wexford and Offaly to secure their Division 3 status for next year.

yellowcard

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 14, 2014, 06:55:10 PM
this must be annoying to Fermanagh supporters, that big bollix has the potential to be the best forward in Ireland from what i have seen of him, def needs to drop a stone and show some respect to his teamates instead of been a diva, there was always one of these guys at underage level in your club but u dont expect this attitude at county level. The other brothers have dropped in behind him, seamy is the problem and i wish a close friend would talk to him to see whats hes throwing away, nothing worse than pissing talent away

Your surely having a laugh. Quigley will always be one of these 'he could have been.....' type of players. A talented player alright but a few good matches in McKenna Cup games and division 3/4 league matches doesn't constitute the potential to be the best forward in Ireland!

The Brick

Quote from: yellowcard on March 20, 2014, 11:11:59 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 14, 2014, 06:55:10 PM

Your surely having a laugh. Quigley will always be one of these 'he could have been.....' type of players. A talented player alright but a few good matches in McKenna Cup games and division 3/4 league matches doesn't constitute the potential to be the best forward in Ireland!

Very true. IMO does not have potential to best best forward in ulster never mind the country.

Would be great to see Barry Owens back again. Class full back to watch

Jinxy

Go into any pub in the country at the weekend and you'll find plenty of lads who had great 'potential'.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

mylestheslasher

To be the best or one of the best you need the right attitude. All the great players have attitude and a willingness to learn and develop. This Quigley lad might have good basic skill and strength (which I consider to be at best 50% of what makes a great player) but his attitude stinks so he'll probably never even amount to the best player in Fermanagh never mind Ireland.

haranguerer

Ach he definitely won't be. He won't be in the top 100, noone is under any illusions about that. The point is he has the most talent out of any footballer I've ever seen I think, and while you're entirely correct to say that its only part of it, generally its the part thats hardest to find, and its usually the part thats easiest to watch. Add to that his sheer audacity and showmanship, and hes a massive loss to the county scene.

It was always going to end in tears, I just wanted him to last long enough to play in a few high profile championship matches so a bigger audience could enjoy him. I dont think we'll ever see him play for Fermanagh again.

tyroneman

Quote. he has the most talent out of any footballer I've ever seen I think     

Have you never seen the Gooch? Jamie Clarke? Sean Cavanagh? The Bradleys? Joyce? Meehan? Canavan? Declan Browne? Maurice Fitz? Frank McGuigan? Jack O'Se?"........ ;)

haranguerer

Never saw the last two, I've seen the rest.

Its my opinion, and I doubt you've seen as much of him as I have, while I've probably saw as much of most of the others as you have. ;)

Jinxy

Who'd win a fight between the Quigleys and the McGourtys?
Would any of them even show up?
If you were any use you'd be playing.