athlone child rapist

Started by lawnseed, March 07, 2014, 03:25:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

Five life sentences the unnamed attacker got. Running together.. This animal could get out!
Hes in solitary for his own protection.

God help his two victoms and their parents. I dont know how i'd cope with that..
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Christmas Lights

Should he be executed do you reckon?
What good is he to anyone or society?
Exterminate him?

Also, if he has 5 lifesnetences back to back, what makes you think he can get out?  Are you thinking he will be on a witness protection program?

Asal Mor

Nice one lawnseed. I expect this thread will generate some thoughtful, rational debate on how best to deal with sex offenders.  ;)

Asal Mor

Quote from: Christmas Lights on March 07, 2014, 08:26:14 AM
Exterminate him?

Also, if he has 5 lifesnetences back to back, what makes you think he can get out?  Are you thinking he will be on a witness protection program?
I think lawnseed was saying that they will run concurrently not consecutively so he could be out in a few years in theory. Usually high-profile murderers serve much longer sentences than ones who don't get as much media attention(I'm just guessing that in fairness though). This guy hasn't been named which is an unusual situation but the papers will be interested in any stories they can get on him. And releasing him in 20 or 30 years wouldn't be a good political move for whoever's in power. So he'll probably stay in prison unless they can release him secretly. That's my wild, uneducated guess at ow it will pan out anyway.

EC Unique

Quote from: Asal Mor on March 07, 2014, 08:45:47 AM
Quote from: Christmas Lights on March 07, 2014, 08:26:14 AM
Exterminate him?

I think lawnseed was saying that they will run concurrently not consecutively so he could be out in a few years in theory. Usually high-profile murderers serve much longer sentences than ones who don't get as much media attention(I'm just guessing that in fairness though). This guy hasn't been named which is an unusual situation but the papers will be interested in any stories they can get on him. And releasing him in 20 or 30 years wouldn't be a good political move for whoever's in power. So he'll probably stay in prison unless they can release him secretly. That's my wild, uneducated guess at ow it will pan out anyway.

I assume this is to protect the victims?

seafoid

They don't seem to name these people any more. Maybe to protect the victims.
But also to keep the mob away presumably.
Lawnseed should set up a vigilante execution service really. There is a big gap in the market that the justice system is not reaching.

Orior

Do you ever wonder if the perpetrator's parents or siblings still love him?

Is his mother a victim as equal as the children that he raped?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

lawnseed

Quote from: Asal Mor on March 07, 2014, 08:30:05 AM
Nice one lawnseed. I expect this thread will generate some thoughtful, rational debate on how best to deal with sex offenders.  ;)
The judge didnt even sum up such was his disgust. Life is 20 years. 5 lifes is still 20 years. 20 years with time off and sundries means about 13 or 14..

NOW THATS DISGUSTING!!!

Rossfan

This lad is supposed to be from Galway and was released from a sentence three days before this awful crime took place. He's had a history of criminal convictions but mainly of the "public order" variety.
That Lawnseed eejit should have been born 2 or 3 hundred years ago. He'd have been a shoe in for a hangman job in the days when there were about 50 Capital offences.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

EC Unique

Quote from: lawnseed on March 07, 2014, 02:17:53 PM
The judge didnt even sum up such was his disgust. Life is 20 years. 5 lifes is still 20 years. 20 years with time off and sundries means about 13 or 14..

NOW THATS DISGUSTING!!!

The father of one of the little girls is quoted as saying he did not want revenge but he wanted justice. He has got neither. This cnut should NEVER be let out.

J70

What is the logic behind concurrent sentences?

And surely life should mean more than 20 years?

lawnseed

Quote from: hardstation on March 07, 2014, 02:45:09 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on March 07, 2014, 02:42:09 PM

NOW THATS DISGUSTING!!!

The father of one of the little girls is quoted as saying he did not want revenge but he wanted justice. He has got neither. This cnut should NEVER be let out.
Why are we allowed to discuss this case?
Is that you putin? Its factual. No one has mentioned any names. We're discussing the sentence respectfully and with sypathy for the victoms and have not breach any requests for privacy.
The attacker's identity is well known (his guilt is not in question) but no one has mentioned it here.. I'd say its ok to continue..

You work weekends..? Its friday!!! Lighten up

Sidney

Quote from: Orior on March 07, 2014, 01:19:36 PM
Do you ever wonder if the perpetrator's parents or siblings still love him?

Is his mother a victim as equal as the children that he raped?
Well, the mother of that chap in Tyrone who killed his father still loves him, and Mickey Harte spoke up for him.

seafoid

NOW THATS DISGUSTING!!!

What would the father have considered as justice ?
How much does it cost to keep someone locked up forever ? Should Lawnseed not pay for some of it ?

lawnseed

Quote from: seafoid on March 07, 2014, 05:59:23 PM

NOW THATS DISGUSTING!!!

What would the father have considered as justice ?
How much does it cost to keep someone locked up forever ? Should Lawnseed not pay for some of it ?
Hold on.. This fuk can get out!  If i'd have had my way he'd be on his way to the four provinces of ireland alĂ  william wallace. I accept the sentence thats the way it is in this place. Costs? We give bertie 2 grand a week and nobody even cares. In lawnseed land the two fukrs would be sharing the same cell.
Ps no lube just fairy liquid >:(