Ciarraí v Tír Eoghain, D1R414, Killarney, Sunday 9th March @ 2pm.

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, March 03, 2014, 03:47:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

I know this is an old chestnut, but is this not the reason Mickey Harte brought in a sweeper system in the first place, his defenders, even some which are highly rated from the past were never exposed to a lack of cover, and never tried to go man for man against Kerry yesteryear?

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 10, 2014, 04:47:25 PM
I know this is an old chestnut, but is this not the reason Mickey Harte brought in a sweeper system in the first place, his defenders, even some which are highly rated from the past were never exposed to a lack of cover, and never tried to go man for man against Kerry yesteryear?

Finally, someone from Tyrone admits the truth !

Wildweasel74

now now Mike i aint a Tyrone man, so u have to find that backing from someone else,

Estimator

Quote from: ONeill on March 10, 2014, 04:22:36 PM
Quote from: Hound on March 10, 2014, 04:09:37 PM
Nobody blaming Morgan for the goals? I thought he was very poor.
Super freetaker though.

There's no problem with Morgan. Maybe with the last goal his awareness wasn't spot on but he prevented an unmerciful hammering.

Can the McMahons and Gormley tighten things up...possibly...but only if Joe goes sweeper. We cannot go man-to-man.
I think Morgan is a good keeper but It would have been more difficult for him to get out of the way of the first two shots on goal inside the first 15mins. Same for the save the Kerry keeper made in the first half.
The second Kerry goal took a deflection and it looks like he gambled on J O'D shooting across him for the third.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 10, 2014, 06:57:52 PM
now now Mike i aint a Tyrone man, so u have to find that backing from someone else,

Does it matter ? We know you lads stick together. When Ulster comments on Kerry in victory then so should Ulster comment on Kerry in defeat.

Seems fair enough.

Armamike

That's just, like your opinion man.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Armamike on March 10, 2014, 09:53:01 PM
Maybe the lovely swarm will make a comeback.

It's only when it's gone that you realise how much you miss it!  :(
That was never a square ball!!

kickingmule

Mickey harte has had long enough time to sort out our defensive problems 
Which have been glaring to the dogs in the street for months,
What the hell is going in training for the past three months?
We are all too eager to pick scapegoats in the fbl, they have been left out to dry, by every other line on that team.
We need to get back to basis with work rate and players covering back and closing down the runners
And working for each other,

5 Sams

Have to say I felt sorry for Tierney yesterday. It could wreck the lads confidence getting cleaned out like that on national TV and the likes of Brolly highlighting it on twitter. He'll need to be a real strong character to come back from something like that. Dunno what Harte was at :-\
The Aristocrat Years

Man Marker

Westmeath in for a trimming as Tyrone's pride is hurt. Some lads season or maybe career over after yesterday. The county champions didn't have a player on the pitch. What does Harte have against Colm Doris, a proven ball winner in the middle third. Lads it's as plain as the nose of your face.

Jinxy

Quote from: kickingmule on March 10, 2014, 10:42:15 PM
Mickey harte has had long enough time to sort out our defensive problems 
Which have been glaring to the dogs in the street for months,
What the hell is going in training for the past three months?
We are all too eager to pick scapegoats in the fbl, they have been left out to dry, by every other line on that team.
We need to get back to basis with work rate and players covering back and closing down the runners
And working for each other,

Is this a poem?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Main Street

Nah, it's inspired by a Canned Heat song called  "Lets Work Together"

"Together we'll stand
Divided we'll fall
Come on now, people
Let's get on the ball
And work together
Come on, come on
Let's work together"

omagh_gael

Some lads being incredibly harsh on Morgan here. The first goal he had no chance with and the second was a deflection right in front of him that would been impossible to second guess. The third was the only one that could be slightly questioned and even that is debatable as O'Donaghue placed it along thr ground and very wide. Reminded me of Canavan's goal in the '05 final.

He made two great saves and scored two free kicks. IMO only himself and Colm came out of that game with any credit.

Sean hasn't got going this year at all. Was anonymous the first half and his radar was miles off in tbe second. Hopefully we'll get a stormer from him this weekend.

What's the chances of Conor being fit? Our defence is lost without his marshaling.

Finally,  someone mentioned Clonoe above. Clonoe men tell us that Doris isn't interested in county football. Dan McNulty was injured and only coming back with the club, I think we'll not see him to next year. Pj Lavery looked good but a bit light for county football at the moment. Neither of these lads would have helped yesterday.

orangeman

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 11, 2014, 01:16:51 AM
Some lads being incredibly harsh on Morgan here. The first goal he had no chance with and the second was a deflection right in front of him that would been impossible to second guess. The third was the only one that could be slightly questioned and even that is debatable as O'Donaghue placed it along thr ground and very wide. Reminded me of Canavan's goal in the '05 final.

He made two great saves and scored two free kicks. IMO only himself and Colm came out of that game with any credit.

Sean hasn't got going this year at all. Was anonymous the first half and his radar was miles off in tbe second. Hopefully we'll get a stormer from him this weekend.

What's the chances of Conor being fit? Our defence is lost without his marshaling.

Finally,  someone mentioned Clonoe above. Clonoe men tell us that Doris isn't interested in county football. Dan McNulty was injured and only coming back with the club, I think we'll not see him to next year. Pj Lavery looked good but a bit light for county football at the moment. Neither of these lads would have helped yesterday.

Tyrone are rebuilding. Still in transition.

Some lads on here are incredibly harsh on players full stop.

nrico2006

Why did McBride not start?  Why have we accepted (seemingly for the past 10 years) the midfield situation, which has led to many a comment like 'its ok, we never win any ball in midfield anyway' over the past 10 years?  Why has nothing been done about it?  As for Sean Cavanagh, the man has only played a few games, it will take months for him to get back to his best. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'