Ciarraí v Tír Eoghain, D1R414, Killarney, Sunday 9th March @ 2pm.

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, March 03, 2014, 03:47:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: BennyHarp on March 07, 2014, 08:48:55 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on March 07, 2014, 08:35:58 AM
I would like to see McBride at 6 and Harte and McNabb either side of him.  Exciting team selected this week.  Still haven't seen what McKenna and McNeice have done to justify a start.

He can hardly drop a lad who kicked 1-2 from play in the last game?

Indeed. Despite his handling errors last day out (it seemed like his gloves were smothered in grease), he's definitely worth another go, to see if he can settle at this grade.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

BennyHarp

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 07, 2014, 10:32:50 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on March 07, 2014, 08:48:55 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on March 07, 2014, 08:35:58 AM
I would like to see McBride at 6 and Harte and McNabb either side of him.  Exciting team selected this week.  Still haven't seen what McKenna and McNeice have done to justify a start.

He can hardly drop a lad who kicked 1-2 from play in the last game?

Indeed. Despite his handling errors last day out (it seemed like his gloves were smothered in grease), he's definitely worth another go, to see if he can settle at this grade.

That would be my point - he had a few bad moments but had the strength of chartacter to still contribute significantly. The ball handling will come, the temperament is important and he was able to forget a few mistakes and kick 1-2. Worth another try in my view!
That was never a square ball!!

Fuzzman

Haven't saw enough of him to make an educated comment but he looks fast and has an eye for goal which is always worth some leeway
Who else would you see as being much better than him.

I had to laugh at Brolly's article in the Gaelic Life again this week. He really has been trying his best to praise Mickey Harte this year to date for his abandonment of the dark defensive ways.

Having watched that league match last night from last year v Kerry we were also very open then too with Kerry cutting us to shreds all through the first half.

How do ye think it will go then lads & ladies?
With Kerry having so many out injured it looks like a Tyrone victory but we know too well how Kerry can get motivated when they say the red hand of Ulster in their "faces" and with them fighting for survival we could see a few multi coloured cards.

Are many of ye coming down for it? There's a squad of us coming down from Dublin on the train Sunday morning.

God14

Paddy Power have Kerry as slight favourites on 10/11 with Tyrone not far behind at 6/5

A few weeks ago id probably have been more confident, but that performance against Kildare set a few alarm bells off with a throw back to problems of the recent past - wiped out at Midfield, defence exposed, and not winning enough dirty ball around the middle third.

Kerry are in transition & missing some key men however so I think Tyrone will squeeze it. Should be a good contest.

Sounds like a good day out Fuzzman. Nice dry day forecast in Killarney, no need for the car keys. Few beers no doubt & hopefully a Tyrone win. I'll make do with the TV!

Fuzzman

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on March 04, 2014, 11:07:23 PM
In this day and age why are Tyrone so negative. We must defeat their negativity....how ?

Mike are you going down to the match on Sunday?
I say it will be a bit less tense than the last game down there. I hope so anyway

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Kerry Senior Football Team V Tyrone

The team is as follows:
1.Brian Kelly (Killarney Legion)
2.Paul Murphy (Rathmore)
3.Mark Griffin (St Michaels/Foilmore)
4.Shane Enright (Tarbert)
5.Peter Crowley (Laune Rangers)
6.Fionn Fitzgerald (Dr Crokes)
7.Marc Sé (An Ghaeltacht)
8.Anthony Maher (Duagh)
9.David Moran (Kerins O'Rahillys)
10.Daithí Casey (Dr Crokes)
11.Bryan Sheehan (St Marys)
12.Donnchadh Walsh (Cromane)
13.Barry John Keane (Kerins O'Rahillys)
14.Stephen O'Brien (Kenmare)
15.James O'Donoghue (Killarney Legion)

Fir Ionaid:
16.Brendan Kealy (Kilcummin)
17.Aidan O'Mahony (Rathmore)
18.Paul Geaney (Dingle)
19.Conor Cox (Listowel Emmets)
20.Brian McGuire (Listowel Emmets)
21.Jack Sherwood (Firies)
22.Michael Geaney (Dingle)
23.Johnny Buckley (Dr Crokes)
24.Pa Kilkenny (Glenbeigh/Glencar)
25.Darran O'Sullivan (Glenbeigh Glencar)
26.Kieran O'Leary (Dr Crokes)
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 07, 2014, 03:46:55 PM
In this day and age why are Tyrone so negative. We must defeat their negativity....how ?

I say it will be a bit less tense than the last game down there. I hope so anyway

Don't be silly Fuzz, that lad has never been near a game in his life!  :P ;)

ONeill

The continued development of Ronan at 11 is great to see. We've waited a while to see him get a run of games and fingers crossed this is the year.

If we go man-to-man I fear the full back line though I know little of O'Brien.

Kerry by 6.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: ONeill on March 07, 2014, 10:22:13 PM
The continued development of Ronan at 11 is great to see. We've waited a while to see him get a run of games and fingers crossed this is the year.

If we go man-to-man I fear the full back line though I know little of O'Brien.

Kerry by 6.

;D You would get points for "yerra" if your fellow county men hadn't already declared victory many times above!

I think Kerry will improve defensively (have to) but I think Throne at 6/5 is a decent bet.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Plenty of quality there Ciarrai_thuaidh, we'll just have to give it a right rattle! ;)

Haven't won in Killarney since 2003 (winning by 1-13 to 0-14), and we all know what unravelled later on in that particular year, not least the gracious-to-a-fault Pat Spillane.  :)

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 07, 2014, 10:37:20 PM
Plenty of quality there Ciarrai_thuaidh, we'll just have to give it a right rattle! ;)

Haven't won in Killarney since 2003 (winning by 1-13 to 0-14), and we all know what unravelled later on in that particular year, not least the gracious-to-a-fault Pat Spillane.  :)

Now, now Strabane-y..lets not get into Spillane/Brolly level conversation here!

I've a feeling it'll be a decent game, both attacks could dominate, midfield I'd hope we could dominate to an extent although who picks up Sean Kav as always will be crucial. It'll come down to who defends better I'd say.

Also, having Sheehan back to kick frees from 50+ is a boost. I'm sure Morgan will do the same if needed of course.

Safe journey to anyone heading down Sunday anyway.

Fuzzman

Where's all the other Kerrymen this week or are they keeping their powder dry for post match.
Wonder will we create as many goal chances this weekend. Would be nice to see Just and Block coming on second half.
McNeice must feel the pressure a bit from the fans.
Will there be autograph requests after this one I wonder.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 07, 2014, 08:51:25 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on March 07, 2014, 03:46:55 PM

Don't be silly Fuzz, that lad has never been near a game in his life!  :P ;)

Sure you thought "football" was just Celtic v Rangers prior to 2003 you Johnny come lately....

trileacman

Very harsh on McNeice here, I remember quite a few days, especially 2011 when Petey Harte and Matty Donnelly were afforded alot of opportunities to play even in the face of really, really mediocre performances. I remember quite a clamour to drop Matty, and some of it was warranted, but thankfully as everyone here would agree, we prevailed with him. With RON on the 40 there isn't a whole squadron of stand-out candidates for the corner-forward role and McNeice deserves his shot as much as Coney, McAliskey or Penrose.

Give the young lad a break, ya gobshites.

Glad to see McGuigan back in the side, I really rate his play (distribution mostly) and thought from the early matches he'd develop into our 11. RON drove the standard to new heights the last day though and you'd doubt how much he'll feature this year at 11 now but still he'll undoubtedly have a Tyrone jersey for himself in the coming years IMO.

Don't rate McKenna a whole lot but still deserves his shot. Sean was poor the last day, I think this move to MF is to put some fire in his play and get him back to last years standards, can see it working too (it'll kill our fielding though).

McGinley is a top class attacking wing-back and I thought one of the stars of the last 3 matches we played last year, but he's just too poor defensively, especially amongst a floundering defence at the minute, shame really.

Been the guts of 4 years since Justy put in a performance worthy of a top inter-county player. That's very harsh but I feel it's true, I really worry his best days are behind him and he's not the white knight you lads think he's gonna be now that he's fit. In my naivety I thought Tierney was gonna be our defensive saving grace, but he's not, still he gets stuck in so fair fcuks to him. Morgan is excellent, be gutted to see him get injured again, can we put a motion to congress; he has to play nets for the junior b's from now on?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Redhand Santa

If I'm not mistaken there were people calling for mattie Donnelly to be dropped on here in the early part of last year. I do think McNeice is a decent footballer but really hasnt did it at county senior level yet Sometimes it takes players a good while to build up their confidence at the level so maybe his best days are ahead of him.

Will be interesting to see where he players mcguigan tomorrow. I wonder if there's a possibility he'll go to 11 with mattie d or McNeice coming out and ronan oneill going up.

I definitely think this is our strongest defence named of the year so far so hoping for an improvement there even if its not as good as you'd hope. Like others I'd like to see Harte and Mcbride switch.

Some people have said the team is so unsettled and you could only name 7 or 8 starters. I think it's still early enough in the year that its not a huge issue. I also think if everyone was fit most people could make a reasonable guess at 12 or 13 starters.