Ciarraí v Tír Eoghain, D1R414, Killarney, Sunday 9th March @ 2pm.

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, March 03, 2014, 03:47:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneman

Quote from: sam03/05 on March 04, 2014, 07:28:59 PM
I would start McNabb this weekend.
We are deffo gonna need Big Joe at some stage.

On the Stevie O'Neill thing - achillies injury is very hard to get over, id say we have seen the end of him.
to think it all came about by standing on a ball last year before the league final ...

I do think that Penrose is another good option from the bench and I would like to see him soon.

Just thinking a little left field (ok a lot left field).....but could Penrose be converted to a man marking cornerback? He has speed, can tackle and a great engine to get up and down the field......

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Mike Sheehy

In this day and age why are Tyrone so negative. We must defeat their negativity....how ?

kickingmule

Just thinking a little left field (ok a lot left field).....but could Penrose be converted to a man marking cornerback? He has speed, can tackle and a great engine to get up and down the field......
[/quote]

I would be of the same mindset, but maybe wing half back instead and along with big joe @ chb and carlin on the other wing, its now time to sort out this disaster of a half back line before its too late.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on March 04, 2014, 11:07:23 PM
In this day and age why are Tyrone so negative. We must defeat their negativity....how ?

Kerry are currently as close to negative as you can get. Nil poi as they would say in the Eurovision. And with a -8 score aggregate. Hopefully playing a positive Tyrone team will allow the electrons to flow across and give poor negative Kerry a spark.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Wee Roddy

Quote from: kickingmule on March 04, 2014, 11:56:07 PM

I would be of the same mindset, but maybe wing half back instead and along with big joe @ chb and carlin on the other wing, its now time to sort out this disaster of a half back line before its too late.
[/quote]
I think Penrose will actually thrive if he is played in a forward position. He has great vision and a fair range of passing. He is 30 now which is probably to old to do a decent conversion from forward to defence. I know we are raving about a few of our forwards at the minute but how many of them have done it when the pressure is on and 2 men hanging out of them which was the case last Sunday. They may well do it in future and deserve a chance to do so but having watched Penrose for the this past 2 year I honestly don't see 6 better complete forwards in the county. There are those more clinical but its a matter of balance.

J OGorman

Quote from: tyroneman on March 04, 2014, 08:51:50 PM

On the Stevie O'Neill thing - achillies injury is very hard to get over, id say we have seen the end of him.
to think it all came about by standing on a ball last year before the league final ...

I do think that Penrose is another good option from the bench and I would like to see him soon.

Penrose has been a defender for the last lock of years has he not? (regardless of the number on his back)..tenacious at it too

EC Unique

Quote from: J OGorman on March 05, 2014, 09:27:41 AM
Quote from: tyroneman on March 04, 2014, 08:51:50 PM

Penrose has been a defender for the last lock of years has he not? (regardless of the number on his back)..tenacious at it too

That is what I thought. He also has lost his killer scoring instinct. There might be a 'Dooher' role for him to get some break/dirty ball around midfield.

Fuzzman

Didn't make it to Newbridge last week so am hoping to go down to Killarney. Surprisingly it's my first trip to a Tyrone game in Munster and with it being my 29th birthday (AGAIN) I'm feeling lucky.

Mr. Nakata

According to the Irish News today, Joe McMahon may miss the entire league campaign, although he could be in contention in about a month's time. That's a big blow. On a brighter note, Justy and the block are in contention for Killarney.

Fuzzman

What injury does Joey have?
I'd say Justy will always have problems with him hamstrings.

I'd say Mickey might do a bit more experimenting this weekend as he knows the points are assured anyway.
Maybe he should try Morgan at CHB to tighten things up a bit. Would Penrose be any good in goals?

tyroneman

I would say Mc Bride could get a start this weekend to try and shore things up. Would like to see him get a run in the half back line.

Rodman

Mickey rings the changes to give the bench a run out for this easy one. 5 changes from last week

Niall Morgan, PJ Quinn, Conor Clarke, Barry Tierney, Danny Mc Bride, Peter Harte, Ronan Mc Nabb, Colm Cavanagh, Sean Cavanagh, Emmett Mc Kenna, Ronan O'Neill, Shay Mc Guigan, Darren Mc Curry, Mattie Donnelly, Patrick Mc Neice.

Fuzzman

Not a bad team and interesting Mickey continues to chop and change. I'm looking forward to seeing a few of these new lads in the flesh. Was this the same ground McCurry made his championship debut?
Glad to see PJ back in the team and wonder will Clarke not look so exposed this week?

orangeman

Quote from: tyroneman on March 06, 2014, 08:26:24 PM
I would say Mc Bride could get a start this weekend to try and shore things up. Would like to see him get a run in the half back line.

Good call.