John Gilligan Shot

Started by Dinny Breen, March 01, 2014, 07:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Sidney on March 06, 2014, 04:45:33 PM
I am crying, writing this. Katy French was a personification of our fantasies, of our sense of what we were becoming, of how we might unfold ourselves. She was not the only one, but in the immediate past was perhaps the most spectacular light on the skyline, a meteorite of desire plummeting through the Irish zeitgeist.

She had a beauty that suggested itself as emanating from an infinity within. She seemed to believe anything was possible and her smile convinced you, for an instant, that she was right. I wanted her dreams to come true. She was a child. She was my daughter and Eoghan's daughter and Eamon's daughter and Pat's daughter and Bertie's daughter. She was your daughter, your little sister. She was a child of Ireland in the time of its rebirth.
Is that you Barry Egan ?

J70

I am crying, writing this. Katy French was a personification of our fantasies, of our sense of what we were becoming, of how we might unfold ourselves. She was not the only one, but in the immediate past was perhaps the most spectacular light on the skyline, a meteorite of desire plummeting through the Irish zeitgeist.

She had a beauty that suggested itself as emanating from an infinity within. She seemed to believe anything was possible and her smile convinced you, for an instant, that she was right. I wanted her dreams to come true. She was a child. She was my daughter and Eoghan's daughter and Eamon's daughter and Pat's daughter and Bertie's daughter. She was your daughter, your little sister. She was a child of Ireland in the time of its rebirth.

What does that even mean?  ;D

Sidney

Quote from: seafoid on March 06, 2014, 05:59:18 PM

Is that you Barry Egan ?
The Waters are flowing down my cheeks.

seafoid

Quote from: Sidney on March 06, 2014, 06:11:05 PM

Is that you Barry Egan ?
The Waters are flowing down my cheeks.
http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/vile-texts-that-followed-restaurant-showdown-29436100.html

The Sindo's Princess Di

Sandy Hill

That Marcus seems a nice fella!
"Stercus accidit"

Asal Mor

Quote from: seafoid on March 06, 2014, 06:33:18 PM

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/vile-texts-that-followed-restaurant-showdown-29436100.html

The Sindo's Princess Di

"Eight days later I got that late-night phonecall from a depressed Katy.

She and Marcus's on-off relationship had been a staple of my column in the Sunday Independent and I had gained her trust. "
:)

She got these menacing texts and was so distraught that she brought them to the Sunday Independent the next day.   :'(

CC1

Quote from: seafoid on March 02, 2014, 08:04:01 AM
Sunday Independent

"John Gilligan shot while hiding in the toilet, gets Last Rites
As they sow, so shall they reap"
http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/john-gilligan-shot-while-hiding-in-the-toilet-gets-last-rites-30054258.html

Disgraceful.
They'd never write that about Sean Fitzpatrick, Derek Quinlan , Sean Dunne or anyone "respectable".
How many Tiger collapse suicides have their been ? Are they all a better class of death than whatever Gilligan was into ?
Have a word with yourself. I very much doubt if Sean Fitzpatrick, Derek Quinlan, Sean Dunne etc. have played a direct part in the murder of any Independent journalists for doing their job. Don't get me wrong, I think that they are scum for what they've done to this country but it is very understandable why the Indo and any other rag (which is what most of the papers in this country are) would weigh in on Gilligan considering what happened to Veronica Guerin. I don't have too much sympathy for him myself.
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

Bord na Mona man

5 Sams

Is that you Barry Egan ?

;D ;D
The Aristocrat Years

magpie seanie

Quote from: CC1 on March 06, 2014, 11:00:18 PM
Sunday Independent

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/john-gilligan-shot-while-hiding-in-the-toilet-gets-last-rites-30054258.html

Disgraceful.
They'd never write that about Sean Fitzpatrick, Derek Quinlan , Sean Dunne or anyone "respectable".
How many Tiger collapse suicides have their been ? Are they all a better class of death than whatever Gilligan was into ?
Have a word with yourself. I very much doubt if Sean Fitzpatrick, Derek Quinlan, Sean Dunne etc. have played a direct part in the murder of any Independent journalists for doing their job. Don't get me wrong, I think that they are scum for what they've done to this country but it is very understandable why the Indo and any other rag (which is what most of the papers in this country are) would weigh in on Gilligan considering what happened to Veronica Guerin. I don't have too much sympathy for him myself.

The Indo crowd didn't do much for Veronica Guerin when she was alive so spare us the notion that they're crusading in her memory. Filth the lot of them.

seafoid

Quote from: CC1 on March 06, 2014, 11:00:18 PM
Sunday Independent

Disgraceful.
An awful lot of people have taken their own lives following the collapse of the Tiger. Anglo and other bank debt collectors have played parts in some of them and they didn't all happen in a vacuum. They are as dead as Veronica Guerin.

The Sindo is entitled to remember Veronica Guerin but their coverage of Gilligan is hypocritical.  And they won't interview Padraig Flynn asking him how he feels about the people who drove his brother to suicide.   

The Sunday World is from the same stable and bringing the nation the gory details of drug sc**bag deaths is almost as important as the soccer and sleb news. It's all business. Never talk about the drug consumers. Just the scumbags.   

macdanger2

I assume that anyone who buys or reads the Indo / Sindo is a gobshite. At least most people who buy the redtops know what they're buying

brokencrossbar1

I see Gilligan has been arrested with the son in Spain with a quantity of drugs and guns. A gun like the one used to kill Veronica Guerin has been found. Unlikely to have been the gun 24 years on but big news all the same

gallsman

When you say "a gun like the one used", it was a revolver like. I saw a Newstalk tweet that "police were investigating" whether the gun found was the murder weapon.

How f**king likely is it that the man keeps the murder weapon buried in his back yard?!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: gallsman on October 23, 2020, 04:19:18 PM
When you say "a gun like the one used", it was a revolver like. I saw a Newstalk tweet that "police were investigating" whether the gun found was the murder weapon.

How f**king likely is it that the man keeps the murder weapon buried in his back yard?!

That's my point .... it's the same Colt revolver apparently but hardly the same gun.