Vertonghen and Spurs should be ashamed!

Started by under the bar, February 28, 2014, 12:24:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on February 28, 2014, 02:34:47 PM
Maybe I am thick but why should the lad in the blue jersey be sent off for allowing his head to run into the Spur's lad's head.

I see no act of aggro from the blue lad at all.
Simulation is an offence in theory, but it's most always supported and rewarded by UEFA  even when used to fool the ref into sending off a player,  Without the histrionics, the Dnipri player would not even have been carded, possibly both players would have been warned.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=iFC3lq_-c-s#t=50

Belgium sports paper 7sur7
"How to cause the exclusion of an opponent? Jan Vertonghen gives you the answer in a very sad way, since the Belgian defender was guilty of gross simulation against Dnipri, causing the sending-off of Zozulya. With this cunning, Tottenham enjoyed its numerical advantage to eliminate the Ukrainian opponents (3-1)".

Sport.be  goes a bit beyond the call of duty
"On a free kick, the Vertonghen has collapsed, feinting having received a blow from his opponent. Red card and start a brawl!
Unsportsmanlike, a simulation, since it is our compatriot who deliberately hit the face of his opponent."

101 goals
"a woeful piece of simulation, throwing himself on the ground after a flick from Dnipro's Zozulya"
Guardian match report
"Vertonghen had horribly embarrassed himself, his club and his nation with his ludicrous play-acting",

Billys Boots

Quote from: T Fearon on February 28, 2014, 03:36:17 PM
Ban for

1) Trolling

2) Opening a new thread instead of using the No piss taking thread.

3) Childish attempt to wind me up/piss me off.

I agree
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

muppet

Quote from: deiseach on February 28, 2014, 02:29:08 PM
Am I the only one who thought it was all a little dodgy? Zozulya is irate enough to throw the head in yet not so irate that he didn't react to Adebayor wrapping his arms around him for a good thirty seconds by tearing Adebayor a new one. Heck, I got irate just watching such a disingenuous effort at keeping the peace. It was a red card, even if Vertongen reaction was that of a complete weasel. I'd love to know how Andy Townsend would have reacted though had it been Luis Suarez hitting the deck in that manner.

Red card.

Suarez would have already been down due to the proximity of so many defenders and the reasonable doubt that anyone of them could possibly make contact with him at any time, even without his phone.
MWWSI 2017

BennyHarp

Apparently Tim Sherwood punched Soldado after the game today.
That was never a square ball!!

Sidney

Quote from: BennyHarp on March 30, 2014, 10:07:18 PM
According to @officialfootballmadeupbullshitrumours.

All of a Sludden

I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Apparently so

BennyHarp

Quote from: Sidney on March 30, 2014, 10:11:12 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on March 30, 2014, 10:07:18 PM
According to @officialfootballmadeupbullshitrumours.

So it's not true then?
That was never a square ball!!

rodney trotter

@AaronLennon Today was not good enough and we let everyone down,but the rumours about the boss hitting someone are bollocks,crazy how powerful twitter is