Connacht U21 Championship 2014

Started by moysider, February 20, 2014, 08:55:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Hopefully Ros can go on and win the all Ireland - Galway usually do it with less fuss.

ross4life

Quote from: seafoid on April 07, 2014, 11:02:49 AM
Hopefully Ros can go on and win the all Ireland - Galway usually do it with less fuss.
Yeah i'm sure you really hope we go on to win it alright.

Quote from: seafoid on March 03, 2014, 09:55:11 PM
I couldn't give a flying f### about Roscommon fuball,

::)

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Syferus

We're still only practising how to disrespect trophies Tuam '02 style, give us a chance.

Rossfan

win the all Ireland - Galway usually do it with less fuss.
That's because most of the County don't even know the game is on  ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Too early for the 2015 thread so I'll put it here.

2015 Connacht U21 Championship draw:

Connacht Quarter-final

Mayo v Leitrim

Connacht Semi-finals

Roscommon v Sligo, 18th March, Kiltoom

Mayo/Letrim v Galway (home game for Mayo if they beat Leitrim, home game for Galway if Leitrim win)

sligoman2

Good draw for Ross and sligo. Not sure what kind of a team we will have i will have to call Carew in February
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

macdanger2

Farrandeelin

Any other dates other than March 18th for Ros and Sligo?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

SLIGONIAN

Is the minor championship the same draw as  as the seniors bar the exiles?
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

larryin89

Quote from: macdanger2 on October 22, 2014, 10:26:57 AM
What were the 2012 minors like??

We lost to ross in cf, then hammered a fancied tipp in q/f in croker before the Down game where Andy done his knee. We got bet by Meath (referee) in semi .

It was a good side, Adam Gallagher, Eugene lavins son Eoghan, o connor, patrick durcan and stephen coen  to name a few. 

We have to up our game at this grade , Leitrim win would be a start.

Are we in the hastings cup again next year?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

moysider

Quote from: larryin89 on October 22, 2014, 10:24:02 PM

We lost to ross in cf, then hammered a fancied tipp in q/f in croker before the Down game where Andy done his knee. We got bet by Meath (referee) in semi .

It was a good side, Adam Gallagher, Eugene lavins son Eoghan, o connor, patrick durcan and stephen coen  to name a few. 

I hope so but we heven t been taking this level seriously. Last year's defeat to Roscommon was an embarrassment. Not because we lost ( to a very good U21 team), but because we were so undercooked we could not compete.

Below is a list of some decent players available for 2015 - off the cuff. There will be others as well that other posters will add in. We should be fairly competitive.

Patrick Durcan,  Cian Burke, Michael Plunkett, Adam Gallagher, Eoghan Lavin, Sean Regan, Michael Hall, Stephen Coen, Diarmuid O'Connor; Conor Loftus, Seamus Cunniffe, Sean Conlon, Brian Reape.

However we ve had strong panels - on paper - the last few years. Yet come championship we ve shown up like a pub team. So I m not optimistic about 2015.

Maybe this time if we play Hastings we might use it to hit the championship running ::)

muppet

Quote from: moysider on October 22, 2014, 11:32:51 PM

I hope so but we heven t been taking this level seriously. Last year's defeat to Roscommon was an embarrassment. Not because we lost ( to a very good U21 team), but because we were so undercooked we could not compete.

Below is a list of some decent players available for 2015 - off the cuff. There will be others as well that other posters will add in. We should be fairly competitive.

Patrick Durcan,  Cian Burke, Michael Plunkett, Adam Gallagher, Eoghan Lavin, Sean Regan, Michael Hall, Stephen Coen, Diarmuid O'Connor; Conor Loftus, Seamus Cunniffe, Sean Conlon, Brian Reape.

However we ve had strong panels - on paper - the last few years. Yet come championship we ve shown up like a pub team. So I m not optimistic about 2015.

Maybe this time if we play Hastings we might use it to hit the championship running ::)

Surely more if the minor winning team will feature?

Liam Irwin is a player that should be seriously looked at, even at senior. His ff line buddies were talented lads as well. Is Cian Hanley definitely off to Oz? The 2 Breaffy midfielders from this year's minors are also surely worth a look at U-21 and maybe Tom Byrne's son?
MWWSI 2017

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: muppet on October 22, 2014, 11:49:12 PM
Quote from: moysider on October 22, 2014, 11:32:51 PM

Surely more if the minor winning team will feature?

Liam Irwin is a player that should be seriously looked at, even at senior. His ff line buddies were talented lads as well. Is Cian Hanley definitely off to Oz? The 2 Breaffy midfielders from this year's minors are also surely worth a look at U-21 and maybe Tom Byrne's son?

Yes, although having done his ACL in August? I doubt he would have been fit for Feb / March time anyway.

http://www.lions.com.au/news/2014-09-05/oh-brother-another-hanley
Hasta la victoria siempre

Syferus

Cian is absolutely going to Australia.  Couldn't stand to oppose his birth county a moment longer.

Never beat the deeler

Hasta la victoria siempre