Connacht U21 Championship 2014

Started by moysider, February 20, 2014, 08:55:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 06, 2014, 10:04:46 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on March 06, 2014, 01:45:48 PM
I just have a bad oul' feelin about it Moy. :-\ :(

You're a gas man with words Rossfan. Here in the open discussion of the U-21 thread, you say you're worried, but in the Division 3 2014 thread, you're expecting to be playing the Dublins/Kerrys/Tyrones and Corks of this world... Make up your mind like a good man! :P
Responses to Larry are not to be taken with the same gravity as my other comments. ;D Replies to Larry should be filed in the rubbish section along with Syfín's ramblings.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

rosnarun

Quote from: moysider on March 07, 2014, 12:02:04 AM
Quote from: ross4life on March 06, 2014, 11:23:50 PM
Quote from: moysider on March 06, 2014, 11:08:52 PM
I don t know about us risking anything. I d be surprised if Gallagher is played.
Yeah you guys are unlikely to risk Gallagher isn't O'Connor back to fill in anyway? when i said managements i meant our U21s,Seniors.

Oh, alright.

There s no real need to rush back O Connor either until he s 100%. This is the time for likes of Mikey Sweeney and Enda Varley to play rather than train.

Have to whisper this but our best U21 forward not in senior panel.  ssshhhh!
Rosnarun would kill me if he read this :(
rosnarun misses nothing
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

moysider

Quote from: moysider on March 06, 2014, 11:08:52 PM
Quote from: ross4life on March 06, 2014, 10:37:15 PM
Quote from: moysider on March 06, 2014, 09:54:26 PM

Many involved with the seniors?

Mayo only starter is Adam Gallagher and he may well sit this one out since Varley stepped in well the last Day and O Connor close to a return as well.
2 games in 4 days is asking a lot imo.

Gallagher not selected to start on Sunday.

Six, three started the last day (C Daly,D Murtagh,E Smith) another two came on (M Nally,D Smith) & one unused sub (F Kelly) its asking a lot alright but both managements are going to risk it by the sounds of it.

Donie Smith is unlikely to be match fit by Wed, he was arguably the difference in the 2011 minor,2012 U21 Ros v Mayo games.

I don t know about us risking anything. I d be surprised if Gallagher is played.

muppet

U-21 Mayo Team named on twitter by Mayo Gaa:

M.Flanagan, K.Lynch, L.Kitterick, A.Butler, C.Burke, S.Coen, P.O'Hora, P.Prendergast, D.O'Connor, G.O'Donnell, M.Plunkett, A.Gallagher (C), J.Shaughnessy, E.Regan, C.O'Shea
MWWSI 2017

moysider

Quote from: muppet on March 09, 2014, 09:50:43 PM

M.Flanagan, K.Lynch, L.Kitterick, A.Butler, C.Burke, S.Coen, P.O'Hora, P.Prendergast, D.O'Connor, G.O'Donnell, M.Plunkett, A.Gallagher, J.Shaughnessy, E.Regan, C.O'Shea

Delighted for Padraic O Hora. He must be flying to have forced his way into the starting 15.

Nice to have this on Wednesday night to look forward to.

muppet

Quote from: moysider on March 09, 2014, 09:59:31 PM

M.Flanagan, K.Lynch, L.Kitterick, A.Butler, C.Burke, S.Coen, P.O'Hora, P.Prendergast, D.O'Connor, G.O'Donnell, M.Plunkett, A.Gallagher, J.Shaughnessy, E.Regan, C.O'Shea

Delighted for Padraic O Hora. He must be flying to have forced his way into the starting 15.

I am guessing Patrick Durcan wasn't available for selection due to the club final?

MWWSI 2017

Syferus

M.Flanagan, K.Lynch, L.Kitterick, A.Butler, C.Burke, S.Coen, P.O'Hora, P.Prendergast, D.O'Connor, G.O'Donnell, M.Plunkett, A.Gallagher (C), J.Shaughnessy, E.Regan, C.O'Shea

ONLY ONE OF THE MIGHTY MINOR FORWARDS!????

Surely there's an insurrection planned in Rhu Land for such blasphemy?

moysider

Quote from: muppet on March 09, 2014, 10:14:27 PM
Quote from: moysider on March 09, 2014, 09:59:31 PM

I am guessing Patrick Durcan wasn't available for selection due to the club final?

Yeah. He d be one of the first names on the sheet otherwise.

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on March 09, 2014, 10:42:16 PM

Barry Loftus would have been in there imo. Plunkett was always going to be there.

Apart from him, who?

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on March 09, 2014, 11:12:57 PM

Barry Loftus would have been in there imo. Plunkett was always going to be there.

Apart from him, who?

To be honest, if you had to pick any of them O'Shaughnessy would have been my last choice of the three FFs. Both Irwin and ould Tommy Goals showed better decision-making while all three showed talent in front of goal.

Not convinced by O'Connor in the middle either, but I guess we'll see.

maigheo

Think you mean conor loftus ,Moysider.Patrick Durcan is a loss but all in all seems a decent team.I think this is a game we badly need to win as we have done nothing in the last 4 years in this grade.

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on March 09, 2014, 11:16:47 PM

Apart from him, who?

To be honest, if you had to pick any of them O'Shaughnessy would have been my last choice of the three FFs. Both Irwin and ould Tommy Goals showed better decision-making while all three showed talent in front of goal.

But Shocks wasn t a minor last year! Dara Doherty was the 3rd assassin. Those lads will have their shout next year or the year after but are not hard done by or anything. Big step up from minor to U21.

Quality like Coen and Plunkett there and Prendergast too and brings size. I respect you re concerns about O Connor playing midfield. I ve already expressed the opinion on here that how we fare is down to how we fare at midfield because there s a lot of class there. That side appears to be set up for a 2 man ff line with O Shea outside. No big deal. If I can see it I m sure Roscommon will have been expecting it.

moysider

Quote from: maigheo on March 09, 2014, 11:36:13 PM
Think you mean conor loftus ,Moysider.Patrick Durcan is a loss but all in all seems a decent team.I think this is a game we badly need to win as we have done nothing in the last 4 years in this grade.

Yeah. Conor.

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on March 09, 2014, 11:44:40 PM
Quote from: Syferus on March 09, 2014, 11:16:47 PM

Apart from him, who?

But Shocks wasn t a minor last year! Dara Doherty was the 3rd assassin. Those lads will have their shout next year or the year after but are not hard done by or anything. Big step up from minor to U21.

Quality like Coen and Plunkett there and Prendergast too and brings size. I respect you re concerns about O Connor playing midfield. I ve already expressed the opinion on here that how we fare is down to how we fare at midfield because there s a lot of class there. That side appears to be set up for a 2 man ff line with O Shea outside. No big deal. If I can see it I m sure Roscommon will have been expecting it.

Opps, mixing up the names! Am surprised Conroy didn't make the bench but that's probably due to Kiltaine's run more than anything.

ross4life

No real surprises on that Mayo team & i won't be surprised if O'Connor,G.O'Donnell swap places. Loads of height and physical strength on that starting 15.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open