English clubs an embarrassment now in Europe

Started by T Fearon, February 20, 2014, 12:10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Man City and Arsenal out of their depth in the last 16 against the European elite,Chelsea and Man Ure haven't a snowballs chance in hell of even coming close to the trophy.The so called best league in the world, a billionaires playground with the best salaries in the world is truly an embarrassment these days

Captain Obvious

Wouldn't rule out Chelsea, they finished sixth in the league two years ago and won the Champions league they also have Jose Mourinho who won it with Porto and Internazionale.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

seafoid

seafoid

Cody should have a word with FIFA about the red cards that ruined those 2 matches.
Beating 10 man Arsenal 2-0 would not be seen as manly around Dunamaggin. 

JPGJOHNNYG

The BBC live feed was a joke it was full of backs against the wall guff and look at the effort Arsenal are putting in you would think it was Luton town Bayern were playing and not a top of the table premiership team with one of the best managers in the world - embarrassing stuff

Eamonnca1

Quote from: T Fearon on February 20, 2014, 12:10:07 AM
Man City and Arsenal out of their depth in the last 16 against the European elite,Chelsea and Man Ure haven't a snowballs chance in hell of even coming close to the trophy.The so called best league in the world, a billionaires playground with the best salaries in the world is truly an embarrassment these days

Thank you for your continued interest in British soccer.

nrico2006

Put simply, its a case of there being 2 exceptional teams (Barcelona and Munich) who are miles ahead of the rest.  The real gulf lies when you watch any team from these two islands play most other European nationals now at International level.  The game is played in a different manner now yet Ireland, Scotland, Northern Ireland, England and Wales are miles behind and still try and play route 1 football.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on February 20, 2014, 12:10:07 AM

Any team that gets beat by Aberdeen at home need serious abuse Tony
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

As a matter of interest how many English players lit up our screens the last two nights?

Man City had Joe Hart and the introduction of a poor Joleen Lescott IIRC, Arsenal had Wilshere and a left back only as well, so from a possible starting 22 players only 4 are actually English.

Both Bayern and Barca had more players from their respective countries.

Chelsea are something similar, probably slightly better with the aging JT and Lamps, possibly Cole, but he's not getting too many starts either,

FFS Celtic probably have more English lads on their team at the minute.

And they wonder why England are shit when it comes to major tournaments.

AZOffaly

I think that's why the BBC especially has a hard on for Liverpool. BT Sport as well. Johnson, Flanagan, Gerrard, Sterling, Henderson, Sturridge all on a first XI potentially.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 20, 2014, 10:46:33 AM
I think that's why the BBC especially has a hard on for Liverpool. BT Sport as well. Johnson, Flanagan, Gerrard, Sterling, Henderson, Sturridge all on a first XI potentially.

Yes if all fit I think they would be.

Walter Cronc

Arsenal first XI over next few years has potentially Jenkinson, Gibbs, Ramsey, Wilshere, Ox and Walcott.

johnneycool

Quote from: Walter Cronc on February 20, 2014, 11:20:49 AM
Arsenal first XI over next few years has potentially Jenkinson, Gibbs, Ramsey, Wilshere, Ox and Walcott.
Aye Ox was playing last night, wasn't he?

seafoid

Quote from: johnneycool on February 20, 2014, 10:42:10 AM
As a matter of interest how many English players lit up our screens the last two nights?

Man City had Joe Hart and the introduction of a poor Joleen Lescott IIRC, Arsenal had Wilshere and a left back only as well, so from a possible starting 22 players only 4 are actually English.

Both Bayern and Barca had more players from their respective countries.

Chelsea are something similar, probably slightly better with the aging JT and Lamps, possibly Cole, but he's not getting too many starts either,

FFS Celtic probably have more English lads on their team at the minute.

And they wonder why England are shit when it comes to major tournaments.

Indeed. I think England in general has a problem with short termism and not planning for the future.
The England team is quite sad, really.

30,32,34,36,38,40,42,44,46,48 years of hurt