NHL 2014

Started by seafoid, February 16, 2014, 02:46:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: johnneycool on February 17, 2014, 10:29:57 AM
Will Tannian be given the No 6 jersey come the height of summer though?

I'd say it's heading that way. He plays there for his club, Ardrahan. If Brehony keeps up his form he should get one of the midfield berths.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: johnneycool on February 17, 2014, 10:29:57 AM
Will Tannian be given the No 6 jersey come the height of summer though?

Liked the cut of the Brehony lad in the white helmet, and the fullback, Burke looked solid enough, but with Moore and Coen either side to ease him into it as well as a very poor Dublin not really challenging.

Interesting game in Ennis, Kilkenny taking a few more passes than before to work the ball out of defence before launching it into Shefflin, larkin and Walter with the clooty grip. The cats have blooded a few defenders with a bit of pace and they'll need it, Paul Murphy out to the half backs is having a greater impact on the game, now taking on the mantel of Tommy Walsh.
Big Walter was doing well, using his physique to get the required space to get that awkward stroke away, and somehow managed to kick a ball wide, 6 yards out with an empty goal at his mercy, a dual star he isn't.

KK had the chances to win it, but Clare steadied themselves to hold on for the win, both will have a huge bearing on where the AI ends up this year..

Henry skelped another lad on the hand yesterday as he was lifting the ball, is he that type of player now in his twilight years?
"Just good manly stuff"(c).

johnneycool

Quote from: emainmacha on February 18, 2014, 09:20:22 PM
Few photos of Armagh v Down

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16144312@N07/

Very young Down team lining out at the minute with a bit of size about it, not to mention a new signing from Cork, Dineen, signed for the Crans in the January transfer window.

Meath and Wicklow the teams to beat it seems, Wicklow both at home, in Ballycran as well which is a change from Newry..

seafoid

Quote from: johnneycool on February 19, 2014, 09:09:11 AM
Quote from: emainmacha on February 18, 2014, 09:20:22 PM
Few photos of Armagh v Down

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16144312@N07/

Very young Down team lining out at the minute with a bit of size about it, not to mention a new signing from Cork, Dineen, signed for the Crans in the January transfer window.

Meath and Wicklow the teams to beat it seems, Wicklow both at home, in Ballycran as well which is a change from Newry..
what year was it that Down played a blinder in Croker against Offaly with McGrattan prominent ?
I think a load of Offaly players retired injured from the game

johnneycool

Down played Offaly in 1995, big Ger made his name vrs Cork three years previous.

seafoid

Quote from: johnneycool on February 20, 2014, 11:17:34 AM
Down played Offaly in 1995, big Ger made his name vrs Cork three years previous.
He was some hurler- was he the only Down hurling Allstar?

johnneycool

Quote from: seafoid on February 20, 2014, 11:56:50 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on February 20, 2014, 11:17:34 AM
He was some hurler- was he the only Down hurling Allstar?

Yeah

All of a Sludden

Kilkenny v Tipp is turning out to be a bit of a goal fest. 2-9 to 4-9 at half time.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Wildweasel74

Tasty game of Hurling there, pity the fooball wasnt like this each week,

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: All of a Sludden on February 23, 2014, 02:40:31 PM
Kilkenny v Tipp is turning out to be a bit of a goal fest. 2-9 to 4-9 at half time.

10 in it now
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

seafoid

The 3 teams that lost last week all won this week

So everyone on 2 points  I presume

orangeman

Quote from: seafoid on February 23, 2014, 03:52:48 PM

Yes. Everyone on 2 points now.

Kilkenny and Tipp was great entertainment.

Davy was putting on a good show along the line today as well.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: orangeman on February 23, 2014, 04:35:40 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 23, 2014, 03:52:48 PM

Yes. Everyone on 2 points now.

Kilkenny and Tipp was great entertainment.

Davy was putting on a good show along the line today as well.

He's a fecking header, on the line today he was unreal, he must think those eyes turn you to stone!! Conal Keaney was outstanding today, him and Rush caught some ball and the Dub fullback was very good. Decent game.

Kilkenny game was a goal feast Fennelly was brilliant. Nothing won in Feb though
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea