Mayo v Kerry 2nd March. Beo ar TG4

Started by Farrandeelin, February 13, 2014, 08:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

I'm sure we'll see Conor Cox featuring at some stage for Kerry too, assuming he's not injured?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

From the Bunker

Quote from: moysider on February 28, 2014, 10:54:53 AM

Henelly
Harrison
Cafferkey
Keane
Keegan
McHale
Boyle
A O Shea
Gibbons
McLoughlin
Moran
Higgins
Gallagher
Freeman
Conroy

Seems the Boyle and McLoughlin experiments have ended.

No harm to have had a look anyway, although in Boyles case not broke don't change it! I would stick with Higgins in the Half forward line.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 28, 2014, 07:30:36 PM
I'm sure we'll see Conor Cox featuring at some stage for Kerry too, assuming he's not injured?

If he comes on and Kerry win, Syf will claim it as a Ross victory over Mayo!
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Syferus

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on February 28, 2014, 08:38:05 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 28, 2014, 07:30:36 PM

If he comes on and Kerry win, Syf will claim it as a Ross victory over Mayo!

New Ross, huh?

moysider

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 28, 2014, 07:49:11 PM

Henelly
Harrison
Cafferkey
Keane
Keegan
McHale
Boyle
A O Shea
Gibbons
McLoughlin
Moran
Higgins
Gallagher
Freeman
Conroy

No harm to have had a look anyway, although in Boyles case not broke don't change it! I would stick with Higgins in the Half forward line.

Yeah, for now anyway. Maybe the wing or a free role would suit him better than chf where he hasn t been able to get into games. His forté is coming onto ball and punching through holes. It s a different game playing as a forward and being tightly marked. I suspect that we could find COC or big Aidan at 11 come championship, depending on type of player management want there. That would leave Gallagher, Higgins and McLoughlin as the most likely to play the wing positions. Gallagher can also eventually end up 11. He can play a running or a passing game.

bucko

Quote from: moysider on February 28, 2014, 09:48:32 PM

Henelly
Harrison
Cafferkey
Keane
Keegan
McHale
Boyle
A O Shea
Gibbons
McLoughlin
Moran
Higgins
Gallagher
Freeman
Conroy

Yeah, for now anyway. Maybe the wing or a free role would suit him better than chf where he hasn t been able to get into games. His forté is coming onto ball and punching through holes. It s a different game playing as a forward and being tightly marked. I suspect that we could find COC or big Aidan at 11 come championship, depending on type of player management want there. That would leave Gallagher, Higgins and McLoughlin as the most likely to play the wing positions. Gallagher can also eventually end up 11. He can play a running or a passing game.
I'd think the same. I sorta like this half forward line, it's got a very balanced look to it IMO. A natural forward at 11 with 2 wing forwards either side who are capable defensively as well as in attack. Both can forage for breaks, push forward but also have the head for covering back. As Moy said likelihood is we could see CO'C  at 11 come summer, but I wanted to see this combination for the league. Good to see Freeman at FF, hope he finds the same groove he was in last summer. I think Gallagher could be be an option in the corner, GAA.ie had a youtube clip from the Tyrone game where he spun out of a few Tyrone challenges and kicked a great point, showed great agility and balance for a big guy. Better trying a natural half forward in the FF line than trying to transform Kevin McLoughlin for the third time!

moysider

Quote from: bucko on February 28, 2014, 10:21:44 PM

Henelly
Harrison
Cafferkey
Keane
Keegan
McHale
Boyle
A O Shea
Gibbons
McLoughlin
Moran
Higgins
Gallagher
Freeman
Conroy

I'd think the same. I sorta like this half forward line, it's got a very balanced look to it IMO. A natural forward at 11 with 2 wing forwards either side who are capable defensively as well as in attack. Both can forage for breaks, push forward but also have the head for covering back. As Moy said likelihood is we could see CO'C  at 11 come summer, but I wanted to see this combination for the league. Good to see Freeman at FF, hope he finds the same groove he was in last summer. I think Gallagher could be be an option in the corner, GAA.ie had a youtube clip from the Tyrone game where he spun out of a few Tyrone challenges and kicked a great point, showed great agility and balance for a big guy. Better trying a natural half forward in the FF line than trying to transform Kevin McLoughlin for the third time!

That s true but even a player of his quality wont be able to repeat the likes of that often. I wouldn t see that as a true measure of his game. Playing back to goal and being tightly marked is not where he has come from. Like somebody said earlier about Boyler, pick players in their best positions.

I can imagine people replying that hey, Higgins is a cb and McLoughlin is a defender. Not true, Higgins was wasted at cb but his pace meant he was a soft option for a troubling position. He might become player in hf line but the hb line was his natural position. McLoughlin can make a fist of several positions and Horan has got it right with the half forward line imo, albeit his form was a bit off last year. I wouldn t be surprised if he drives on again this year.

The sad reality is that contrary to popular opinion we have enough in the ff line without converting likes of McLoughlin or Gallagher who should be in hf line. They re needed there. But there s an elephant in the room regarding the ff line now but no point going there.

bucko

Quote from: moysider on February 28, 2014, 11:43:07 PM

Henelly
Harrison
Cafferkey
Keane
Keegan
McHale
Boyle
A O Shea
Gibbons
McLoughlin
Moran
Higgins
Gallagher
Freeman
Conroy

That s true but even a player of his quality wont be able to repeat the likes of that often. I wouldn t see that as a true measure of his game. Playing back to goal and being tightly marked is not where he has come from. Like somebody said earlier about Boyler, pick players in their best positions.

I can imagine people replying that hey, Higgins is a cb and McLoughlin is a defender. Not true, Higgins was wasted at cb but his pace meant he was a soft option for a troubling position. He might become player in hf line but the hb line was his natural position. McLoughlin can make a fist of several positions and Horan has got it right with the half forward line imo, albeit his form was a bit off last year. I wouldn t be surprised if he drives on again this year.

The sad reality is that contrary to popular opinion we have enough in the ff line without converting likes of McLoughlin or Gallagher who should be in hf line. They re needed there. But there s an elephant in the room regarding the ff line now but no point going there.
Not in the room to be more precise....

moysider

Quote from: bucko on February 28, 2014, 11:53:41 PM
Quote from: moysider on February 28, 2014, 11:43:07 PM

Henelly
Harrison
Cafferkey
Keane
Keegan
McHale
Boyle
A O Shea
Gibbons
McLoughlin
Moran
Higgins
Gallagher
Freeman
Conroy

Not in the room to be more precise....

As I said, no point going there. It s got bad enough.

ck

There was a young lad playing for IT Sligo this year called Evan Regan. Can anyone tell me how the hell he's not on the Mayo panel??!  ???

orangeman

Quote from: ck on March 01, 2014, 11:14:37 AM
There was a young lad playing for IT Sligo this year called Evan Regan. Can anyone tell me how the hell he's not on the Mayo panel??!  ???

Sssshh.

We're not allowed to chat about that.

Lar Naparka

Lads, anybody know what sort of weather to expect in Castlebar tomorrow?.I'm going there by train this evening and plan to stay overnight.
Will rain gear be advisable
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

maigheo

Quote from: ck on March 01, 2014, 11:14:37 AM
Simple explanation-He was invited to join the panel at the beginning of the year but opted not to as he wanted to concentrate on Sigerson, u21 and his studies,but there are rumors that he will join the panel in a few weeks.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Lar Naparka on March 01, 2014, 12:40:49 PM
Lads, anybody know what sort of weather to expect in Castlebar tomorrow?.I'm going there by train this evening and plan to stay overnight.

I'd bring rain gear anyway, even in the suitcase, because with all the rain showers that come and go you never know where and when one might get caught out in them. Supposed to be dry in the morning, but wet and damp in the afternoon however.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

moysider

Quote from: Lar Naparka on March 01, 2014, 12:40:49 PM

You ve been gone too long Lar. Surely you remember it hardly ever rains here in Mayo. Bone dry here for ages now.