Special Birthdays or NOT

Started by illdecide, February 07, 2014, 11:24:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

My wife is 40 in 2 weeks time and i haven't a clue what to get her for her Birthday, i had thought all along that I'd get her a we holiday some where nice for 3 days and then a we gift from the kids but i found out her Passport is expired so it kinda rules that out unless it's somewhere in Ireland or the UK...any ideas?

On the flip side of all that do we go over the top for just another day and spend a pile of money on a load of crop? I was 40 last year and yes my Family over spent on me for a weekend away which was expensive and i did appreciate very much but thought it was too much for just another Birthday?

No smart arses please :)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

lawnseed

A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

deiseach

I don't know why you'd need a second opinion, but for what it is worth a short break sounds perfect to me.

lawnseed

London cant go wrong shops theatre history palaces restaurants more shops

Denn Forever

No passport?  Why not holiday in Ireland at a Hotel that offers Spa days/pamper weekends? 
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

lawnseed

Harrods.. The london eye.. The white club.. Regents park.... Madame tussauds...  top bands.. Mingle with celebs...

Cold tea

Think we had crossed wires, when I turned 40 I went to Lisburn, when my wife turned 40 she went to Lisbon!

ziggysego

Give her a weekend's break... away from you.  ;D
Testing Accessibility

lawnseed

Under Lights

Illdecide- take her out for one of them split roasts.

Minder

Have a feeling there will be a few humble brags in this thread
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Brick Tamlin

Ye cant go wrong with a new Dyson.

Jeepers Creepers

My wife is 40 in 2 weeks time and i haven't a clue what to get her for her Birthday

Fallen at the first hurdle.

Orior

What do you get the woman who has everything?

Go though all your old photos, and pick 3 or 4 of the two of you, put them onto a USB, then develop them at Tescos. Buy a 3 or 4 cheap frames and bob's your uncle. The whole thing could be between £20 and £30.

That sort of a present shows that you actually thought about it and planned it well in advance. Apparently women like that sort of thing.

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

illdecide

There are times when I'd actually love to set her on fire but i couldn't watch my two kids faces crying all day long...that said she does do all the house work and looks after the kids fairly well, she makes my lunch for work every day and cooks my dinner, washes and irons my clothes and hoovers my car out every Sunday so i suppose a we trip every decade should suffice.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch