I was on it, but left
9 (12.2%)
No
9 (12.2%)
No, but thinking of joining
1 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 74

BennyCake

More controversy regarding Facebook recently.

Just wondering how many folk here are on it. I'm probably the only one I know (of my age group anyway), that's not on it. I've never been on it, and don't intend to be.

What's your story?

AZOffaly

I'm on it. I 'like' ESPN, NFL, Liverpool, etc etc and I find it good to get feeds and updates from them places. Then I have a fair few 'friends' on it, and I find it a good way to keep in touch with people I went to school with, or college, or was in Arizona with. Also I find it good for seeing photos and events in those people's lives that I wouldn't even be aware of.

God14

I signed up to it in 2008 & initially loved it
I deactivated my account as a new year resolution on 01.01.2012 & have never went back to it, nor being tempted. Your not missing much.

Im one of the many ive spoken to who got embroiled in a childish row over the head of it! Embarrassing but true. I was accused of liking & commenting a lot more on one inlaws posts, and avoiding the others!! and we're all in our 30's, unreal
I also had a 'friends list' of a lot of people I half knew and was no more interested in. Plus there were people on it whom I actually do like, but they were polluting my screen with every petty update from day and it became infuriating!

I think it was Frankie Boyle who summed it up for me when he said 'Facebook is full of people on lemonade wages trying to live Champayne lifestyles'

I use twitter now which is excellent for keeping up to date with all GAA, Soccer, Sport, Current affairs & new updates and it has the big plus where its harder for people to find you i.e you can still keep in touch with your close mates on it, private profile, but arnt bombarded by every halfwit in the town.

AZOffaly

Quote from: God14 on February 05, 2014, 01:38:30 PM
I signed up to it in 2008 & initially loved it
I deactivated my account as a new year resolution on 01.01.2012 & have never went back to it, nor being tempted. Your not missing much.

Im one of the many ive spoken to who got embroiled in a childish row over the head of it! Embarrassing but true. I was accused of liking & commenting a lot more on one inlaws posts, and avoiding the others!! and we're all in our 30's, unreal
I also had a 'friends list' of a lot of people I half knew and was no more interested in. Plus there were people on it whom I actually do like, but they were polluting my screen with every petty update from day and it became infuriating!

I think it was Frankie Boyle who summed it up for me when he said 'Facebook is full of people on lemonade wages trying to live Champayne lifestyles'

I use twitter now which is excellent for keeping up to date with all GAA, Soccer, Sport, Current affairs & new updates and it has the big plus where its harder for people to find you i.e you can still keep in touch with your close mates on it, private profile, but arnt bombarded by every halfwit in the town.

Was it a sister in law you were liking and commenting on? :D

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on February 05, 2014, 01:41:28 PM
Not on it.
Where the fcuk would I get time for Facebook?
You're an amateur. Ziggy has 20k posts here and over 50k tweets.

Under Lights

I gave up both FB and Twitter three weeks ago. I feel so clean. Spent a lot of time looking at my fone checking all updates. I always used twitter for soccer, gaa scores etc but this last few weekends I've went into MOTD without knowing the scores. Its great. I look forward to reading the paper at work now as well. Before I was skimming through it just as I already knew the majority of stories as well.

I'll Not Be Back.

ONeill

FB is a loada balls mostly.

Twitter is a great resource. Just don't be following shite.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggysego

I happen to think that Facebook and Twitter are both fantastic networking tools. It's about finding the right balance of sourcing and out-sourcing good information and having a bit of fun. I'd be the first to admit, I can be a bit of an eejit on it at times, but never anything too daft or stupid. Well, that depends on the opinions of who's reading my content I suppose.

Both social networking sites has allowed me to open so many doors, if you'll excuse the pun, when it comes to promoting and campaigning for My Way Access. It also allows me to air comments about important issues to me at times. I try to off-load the important / serious stuff with a bit of craic.

Anyway, as ONeill, it all depends on who you follow and what you want to get out of it.
Testing Accessibility

Shamrock Shore

Have a middling Facebook presence.

Handy for all my rellies around the world to stay in touch with the goings on in the Mother Ship and vice versa.

Also on twitter and I have 13 followers!!!!!!

Under Lights

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on February 05, 2014, 02:39:02 PM
Have a middling Facebook presence.

Handy for all my rellies around the world to stay in touch with the goings on in the Mother Ship and vice versa.

Also on twitter and I have 13 followers!!!!!!

I have around 250 followers. Do you want to buy my log in and keep them entertained. €10.

Also I have a Premier League Fantasy football log in for sale at the same price. In three leagues at the minute, top of one, second in other and fourth in the head to head league.

deiseach

Cold tea

Bigfella is on linkedin, if any of you want to be part of an economic success, get on it, he won't employee you otherwise.

Orior

I created my own homepage in 1999, using a template and HTML. It tickled me to get 12,000 visits in 3 or 4 years (probably half of those was myself, lol)

With social media I started on Friends Reunited and BEBO. At that time, Facebook appeared clumsy. Glad to see that BEBO and Friend Reunited are gone.

I'm on LinkedIn, but would only use Twitter to get the latest scores.

Facebook is good for staying in touch with extended and overseas family. Also good for posting information on clubs or societies.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

johnneycool

Quote from: Cold tea on February 05, 2014, 03:11:03 PM
Bigfella is on linkedin, if any of you want to be part of an economic success, get on it, he won't employee you otherwise.

He's got you rattled Cold tea, I bet he pishes himself laughing every time he winds you up.

Don't bite FFS.

As for Facebook, had to join it recently as it was the only way to get updates from the club as I don't frequent the synagogue to pick up a bulletin.
Can't be arsed eitherway with the 'friends' pish.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on February 05, 2014, 03:22:15 PM
Quote from: Cold tea on February 05, 2014, 03:11:03 PM

He's got you rattled Cold tea, I bet he pishes himself laughing every time he winds you up.

Don't bite FFS.

As for Facebook, had to join it recently as it was the only way to get updates from the club as I don't frequent the synagogue to pick up a bulletin.
Can't be arsed eitherway with the 'friends' pish.

But if sheep had computers.........
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea