NFL Division 2 2014

Started by All of a Sludden, February 03, 2014, 03:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Main Street on March 31, 2014, 02:51:00 PM
Quote from: seafoid on March 31, 2014, 01:42:44 PM
Quote from: Main Street on March 31, 2014, 10:26:57 AM
Quote from: seafoid on March 31, 2014, 09:03:42 AM
Most of the teams in D2 have been rather mediocre this time around.
Meath have been very inconsistent, as have Down.
Maybe Laois will beat Down. Armagh were very unlucky with the injuries.
Galway did a nice Lazarus job . 
Galway haven't done their Lazarus job yet.
Lazarus didn't rise from the dead only to go back to his tomb the next week,  i.e. according to the story.
"relegation odds. Louth have an impossible task. Laois are not buried yet and Armagh are still in the thick of it.
Louth 1/33   Galway10/11  Laois 13/8  Armagh 2/1"

Look at the odds now.   I think 5 points out of 6 isn't bad going considering they lost the first 3 matches

Laois 10/11, Armagh 6/4, Galway 4/1
It's not bad going so far, but still a ways to go before Galway can be considered to have done a Lazarus.
Let's see. I think Donegal will beat Armagh . Monaghan will probably beat Galway.
But you never know.
Monaghan are out to 40/1 for the all Ireland . They were 33/1 a few weeks ago.
Galway are back to 50/1 which is fabulous considering they were 100/1 in Feb.

Main Street

There is also a (unlikely) scenario whereby Laois can draw and then Galway could go down.
I suppose Galway can be quite optimistic about survival,  it's about 95% sure, it would take some strange set of results to put them at risk.
I'd say the fatalistic black humour that surrounds Armagh will catch up with them this year, possibly Laois have the better chance to survive.

Main Street

Half time  round up

Monaghan (with the wind) 0-08 Galway 0-05
Laois  are giving it welly ( 8 points ahead) and are looking good to stay in Div2.
They need one of Galway or Armagh to slip up  and both of them are behind.

All of a Sludden

Div II Latest: Armagh 1-6 Donegal 2-6, Laois 1-13 Down 1-6, Monaghan 0-11 Galway 0-9, Louth 1-10 Meath 1-8
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Main Street

"Finlayyyyyyy" (commentator scream)  for Monaghan at the death, points the winner against the wind, from 45m out.
Galway prob deserved better.

Armagh go down with Louth.

seafoid

Hard luck Armagh. Last week was the killer. Longford down to d 4.

Captain Obvious

That late goal Down got against Armagh a real killer now. Bad day for Armagh football will have to regroup in division three.

All of a Sludden

Division 2 2015
Kildare
Westmeath
Meath
Down
Laois
Galway
Cavan
Roscommon
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Black Card

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 06, 2014, 04:58:55 PM
That late goal Down got against Armagh a real killer now. Bad day for Armagh football will have to regroup in division three.

Some of the quality of play in the Armagh game today would suggest they will be plying their trade in division 3 for a while, some of the passing was atrocious.

GalwayBayBoy

Galway probably deserved something from the Monaghan game today. Unlucky to lose. Still at least we managed to stay up after a poor start to the league.

seafoid

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on April 06, 2014, 05:28:17 PM
Galway probably deserved something from the Monaghan game today. Unlucky to lose. Still at least we managed to stay up after a poor start to the league.
Last 4 matches were a big improvement. Armagh have a lot of work to do.

upmonaghansayswe

Quote from: Main Street on April 06, 2014, 04:35:30 PM
"Finlayyyyyyy" (commentator scream)  for Monaghan at the death, points the winner against the wind, from 45m out.
Galway prob deserved better.

Armagh go down with Louth.

A great sight! It took me straight back to 2005.

We needed at a draw against Longford in the last game of Div 2A to gain promotion. Down by a point, when with the last play of the game Paul landed a beauty off his right, 45m out, into the same town goal end, to level it and put us up!. 9 years later and hes still at it!. 

Delighted with our league run even though Galway probably deserved at least the draw today. Still, to start today without Donaghy, Finlay, Lennon, the Duffys and D Hughes, we`re not in a bad place!. 

laoislad

Laois stay up,Armagh relegated...excellent.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

babarino

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on April 06, 2014, 05:28:17 PM

I totally agree ye deserved a point. Like ourselves, you missed some very scorable chances. Your keeper throwing a haymaker and seeing red, didn't help either.

At half time I didn't think a 3 point lead was enough, given the wind. The quality of the supply forward improved when we brought on Finlay and D Hughes. Some of the Monaghan players had a bad day, with some woeful passing and decision making. Good to win playing badly. Makes a welcome change from playing pretty well and losing, like last time we were in Division 2. 

Rossfan

A rather neighbourly D2 for 2015
Ros
Herrins
Westies
Breffnis
Lillies
Laoishites
Eastmeath

and in the distance
The Aristocrats
Davy's given us a dream to cling to