Armagh vs. Down NFL Div. 2 7th Feb. 2014

Started by Oraisteach, February 02, 2014, 08:28:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

I don't know how it affects the players, but I found the big screen very sore on the eyes. It's too bright.

They should probably adjust the brightness for night games.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Throw ball

Quote from: BennyCake on February 08, 2014, 02:08:37 PM
I don't know how it affects the players, but I found the big screen very sore on the eyes. It's too bright.

Yes I think they need to tone the colour down for anthem. The flag on the screen would blind you!

T Fearon

Points will be raised at next IT sub committee meeting! ;D

Meanwhile are you all going to get your names scrolled on the screen at Monaghan game?

Throw ball

Quote from: T Fearon on February 08, 2014, 10:30:11 PM
Points will be raised at next IT sub committee meeting! ;D

Meanwhile are you all going to get your names scrolled on the screen at Monaghan game?

How much are they charging?

T Fearon

Don't know.Will find out.Screen is superb,exact replica of the one at the Davin Stand in Croker.Certainly adds to the match day experience and should be a good revenue source too.

lawnseed

Paddy o rourkes legacy lives on. It'll take some work to undo the damage  :D
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

T Fearon

Paddy O'Rourke's era is fast becoming a golden one! Defeating Kerry away, winning NFL Div 2, beating Derry away in the Championship, running the Dubs to three points in the Championship at Croker Park...things we can only dream about nowadays >:(

crossfire

Quote from: T Fearon on February 07, 2014, 11:21:29 PM
Two poor teams.Mc Keever best player on pitch by a mile.Why didn't Armagh play with the same grit and determination in the first half as they showed in the second half? We needed a 6 point lead at half time to have a chance but never looked like getting it

Did Mark Poland not score 2 goals off him.? ???

Aristo 60

Quote from: crossfire on February 10, 2014, 12:54:10 PM
Two poor teams.Mc Keever best player on pitch by a mile.Why didn't Armagh play with the same grit and determination in the first half as they showed in the second half? We needed a 6 point lead at half time to have a chance but never looked like getting it

Yes - plus it looked like Eoin McCartan got a point off him with his first touch.

Enjoyed the highlights on TG4 on Sunday evening (but nothing bates having been there!) and the "Na McCartans" afterwards.

illdecide

Quote from: crossfire on February 10, 2014, 12:54:10 PM

Crossfire people can only see the good in their players but never the bad, we've had players over the years and they were fantastic going forward but were never so keen in getting back to defend. All i could hear was what a catch or what a point from so and so but you never heard the people talking about the 1-05 his man scored in the game :o
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

illdecide

Quote from: T Fearon on February 10, 2014, 10:17:10 AM
Paddy O'Rourke's era is fast becoming a golden one! Defeating Kerry away, winning NFL Div 2, beating Derry away in the Championship, running the Dubs to three points in the Championship at Croker Park...things we can only dream about nowadays >:(

as for the Paddy O'Rourke era...we were relatively successful for a good while there and no matter who came in after that period was always on a hiding to nothing. That considering Paddy actually done quite well and I'm led to believe the players were quite fond of him too but we in Armagh couldn't get rid of him quick enough but maybe now some are realising he wasn't so bad afterall and the players we have/had are not as talented as our golden era.

As for the current management...i think it's as good as whats available out there and if we're not successful over the next 3 years it'll not be for the lack of effort or resources put in...

T Fearon

In my view, O'Rourke was surprisingly good. I never wanted him in the first place, but what he achieved surpassed all expectations, given the shambles we were in after 2009.

Have seen little or no sign of any progress since his departure whatsoever, indeed more evidence to suggest we're regressing.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: illdecide on February 10, 2014, 03:02:55 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on February 10, 2014, 10:17:10 AM

as for the Paddy O'Rourke era...we were relatively successful for a good while there and no matter who came in after that period was always on a hiding to nothing. That considering Paddy actually done quite well and I'm led to believe the players were quite fond of him too but we in Armagh couldn't get rid of him quick enough but maybe now some are realising he wasn't so bad afterall and the players we have/had are not as talented as our golden era.

As for the current management...i think it's as good as whats available out there and if we're not successful over the next 3 years it'll not be for the lack of effort or resources put in...

But that is not true and there was a person available  and ready who was overlooked who many in the stands wanted in the job.

illdecide

Look BC...your not getting the job and thats it... ;)

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: illdecide on February 10, 2014, 04:13:16 PM
Look BC...your not getting the job and thats it... ;)

I'm quite happy with not getting mixed up in that yet!!