if you could visit one city in Canada.....

Started by tyroneman, February 02, 2014, 11:38:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneman

Thinking of heading over this summer.

Anyone be able to help with what the different major Canadian cities offer?

T Fearon

Been 14 years since I was there,but Toronto is a strange City,totally dead at night but quite scenic, and handy for Niagara Falls

AZOffaly

Puckoon

Tentatively scheduled to head to Toronto this year.  Looking forward to it. I've heard Vancouver is very beautiful.

Orior

I've worked in both Nova Scotia and Alberta. I'd love to visit either again.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

stringbean

Visited toronto an montreal few years back, would recommend montreal as it is beautiful city wit plenty of culture. Totonto is very hussle an bustle, bit like a mini new york, preferred montreal!

StephenC

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: T Fearon on February 02, 2014, 11:41:41 AM
Been 14 years since I was there,but Toronto is a strange City,totally dead at night but quite scenic, and handy for Niagara Falls

Are you sure you weren't in Ottawa?

Hardy

Lived in Toronto for a few months. Great city. Like a U.S. city only clean. Safe, no ghettoes, no race conflict, lots of culture. Found Canadian society a bit strange, though.

Spent a day in Vancouver. Hardly qualifies me to comment, but I wasn't much impressed.

Go to Newfoundland just for the crack of being convinced you're in Waterford when you hear the accents.

JUst retired

I was in Montreal and Vancouver,and Kingston and Calgary. Niagra is a dump,mini Blackpool only with waterfalls.
Montreal wins for me.

Rois

We visited St John (NB, not Newfoundland), Halifax, Quebec and Montreal in September. Quebec was very pretty and incredibly French. We were disappointed with Montreal. Halifax and St John were not touristy. They need Dr quote you prices with sales tax though - v frustrating!

tyssam5

No1

Cokers and Sparky, would ya's tell them??!!

lawnseed

Whats this strange canadian thing about? I hearing that alot. Also whats the best time to go..? Wouldnt mind seeing what its like. Hope its not just norway with strange yanks
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once