Necknomination

Started by Eamonnca1, February 02, 2014, 03:32:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

I drove up through Carlow this morning and passed where they are searching the Barrow for that young lad's body. Such a tragic waste of a young life. I can't imagine what the family are going through right now.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

take_yer_points

Just seen one and the fella drinks a "shot" of nail polish remover - that can't be healthy.

take_yer_points

And another one... 3/4 of a pint made up of Bacardi, powers and gin - the rest was magners, the tea leaves from a tea bag and some fairy liquid "to clean it up". When he was finished he decided to bite into a raw egg and eat it, shell and all.

orangeman

This from the country that brought the famous telephone radio station prank.

Time to stop this crap.

Get it out all over fb and twitter that this could kill you. It already has.

So sad about that lad from Carlow. God help him and all belonging to him.

ballinaman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 02, 2014, 10:13:27 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on February 02, 2014, 10:11:08 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on February 02, 2014, 10:09:50 AM
Just saw a lad snorting salt, drinking a full bottle of tequila and then squeezing lemon juice into his eyes...absolute gobshite >:(

And how many of his friends "liked it"?

There should be a "cop the f**k on" button.
Made a point of showing cracking the seal
Who's to know its actually tequila ?? could be coloured water ffs.

Hardy

I've posted that tweet on my Facebook page, that I haven't even looked at for six months. I'd encourage everyone to do it, re-tweet, whatever. If social media can be used to promote it, they can be used to fight it.

Eamonnca1

Eamonnca1

qubdub

This is just another harlem shake type phenomenom, should hopefully pass pretty soon.

A lot of the videos I have seen have been of boys raiding their ma's cupboards and drinking chilli sauce, gravy, mayonnaise, etc etc with a bit of smirnoff/beer/guinness thrown into in it fairly harmless if a bit disgusting. I saw the one with a lad pinning two bottles of buckfast and to be honest by the look of him it looked like something he'd do regularly anyway.

the two tragedies could easily have been avoided but for the most part this neknomination isn't as deadly as has been made out

Jonah

Quote from: qubdub on February 02, 2014, 07:56:07 PM
This is just another harlem shake type phenomenom, should hopefully pass pretty soon.
How many people died doing the Harlem Shake?

Eamonnca1

It's not just the danger part that troubles me. It's also the "drunken paddy" stereotype that we seem to be only too happy to promote. What the hell's the matter with us?

qubdub

Quote from: Jonah on February 02, 2014, 08:09:38 PM
Quote from: qubdub on February 02, 2014, 07:56:07 PM
How many people died doing the Harlem Shake?
how long did the harlem shake last?

Tubberman

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 02, 2014, 08:13:00 PM
It's not just the danger part that troubles me. It's also the "drunken paddy" stereotype that we seem to be only too happy to promote. What the hell's the matter with us?

To be fair, in this instance, neknomination isn't solely an Irish fad. It started in Australia I believe and people in the UK are also doing it.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Eamonnca1

Doesn't matter. The Irish have embraced it a bit too quickly for my liking.