Necknomination

Started by Eamonnca1, February 02, 2014, 03:32:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

I don't approve of this meme.

That is all.

Syferus

I nominate Eamonnca1. You have 24 hours to upload proof.

Just don't be an eedjit and neck a pint of whiskey or vodka.

Jell 0 Biafra

Thought it had to be a litre?

Farrandeelin

Somebody in Dublin died yesterday after it.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

washed_up

thats the tradegy with this stupid stupid idea-STOP IT NOW

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Syferus on February 02, 2014, 03:57:37 AM
I nominate Eamonnca1. You have 24 hours to upload proof.

Just don't be an eedjit and neck a pint of whiskey or vodka.

I might do a pint of water and a stern warning for people to grow up, stop being p*ssheads, and stop being led like sheep into every social media stunt.

bridgegael

excuse my ignorance lads but what is this about?
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Shamrock Shore

Lunacy just keeps getting, well, lunacier.

AZOffaly

Quote from: bridgegael on February 02, 2014, 09:02:54 AM
excuse my ignorance lads but what is this about?

Basically it's a Facebook 'game' that seems to have started in Australia. The idea is that you chug a pint or whatever, and video yourself doing it. You post it on FB and nominate some of your friends to follow suit.

It's been popping up on my Facebook page with lads posting videos on the back of tractors, in supermarkets the whole lot. Basically it's a juvenile, aren't I cool, I'm some craic, come on you wusses it's your turn sort of thing..

Pathetic really. Wow. You can drink a whole pint. And now what?

laoislad

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 02, 2014, 07:30:28 AM

I've never heard of neck nomination before. How does one die from slugging back a pint though?
Are they drinking pints of spirits or what?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: laoislad on February 02, 2014, 09:37:02 AM

I've never heard of neck nomination before. How does one die from slugging back a pint though?

It was a pint of vodka I think

laoislad

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on February 02, 2014, 09:38:42 AM
Quote from: laoislad on February 02, 2014, 09:37:02 AM

It was a pint of vodka I think
That's just madness. The world has gone mad. Are they teenagers doing this? Surely anyone older would have more cop on?

Feck all we use to do was dare each to shift one of the slightly more heavy girls in the Protestant graveyard after the local disco. Innocent times.....

brokencrossbar1

Lads I totally agree that it is completely stupid and ridiculous and putting it up on Facebook etc is irresponsible but is there also not a small bit of hypocrisy about some of the reactions?  I recall regularly having 'necking' competitions ofhalf bottles of vodka and southern comfort and trust me we were a lot younger than the gobshites on the videos.   Yeah it is stupid but it is not a new thing.   The Spectrum on a Saturday night, cocktails 1.95 a piece, 3 vlqck Russians in a pint glass and away ye go!  I think sometimes we really think we grew up in a utopia.

laoislad

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 02, 2014, 09:50:22 AM
Lads I totally agree that it is completely stupid and ridiculous and putting it up on Facebook etc is irresponsible but is there also not a small bit of hypocrisy about some of the reactions?  I recall regularly having 'necking' competitions ofhalf bottles of vodka and southern comfort and trust me we were a lot younger than the gobshites on the videos.   Yeah it is stupid but it is not a new thing.   The Spectrum on a Saturday night, cocktails 1.95 a piece, 3 vlqck Russians in a pint glass and away ye go!  I think sometimes we really think we grew up in a utopia.
I've never seen anyone try a neck a bottle or even half a bottle of vodka.
A pint of stout or lager maybe but never a fecking pint of vodka!