Paul Galvin Retires from Inter County Football

Started by Two Hands FFS, February 01, 2014, 08:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

One of the few Kerry men who would make the team of the decade in the noughties. I heard he didn't like the new Kerry kit. Seriously though class player and I enjoyed his lack of fear and commitment. 

AZOffaly

Is this really a thread for winding up the Kerry lads? One of the few Kerry lads? Even though they were the team of that decade, albeit with a bogey team?

orangeman

Quote from: rodney trotter on February 02, 2014, 09:23:03 AM
He played centre back last week against Crokes in a challenge for Kerry and  wasn't happy with how it went, word on twittter. Also couldn't give the full commitment as he  is now based in Dublin

If he was marking the Gooch in that challenge match, I can fully understand that it might not have gone too well.

seafoid

A great character. Must have inspired many Kerry kids and what more can you ask for, really.
16 years is good going considering the way training went over the period.

Now he can start his life    ;)

TabClear

Quote from: rrhf on February 02, 2014, 10:12:57 AM
One of the few Kerry men who would make the team of the decade in the noughties. I heard he didn't like the new Kerry kit. Seriously though class player and I enjoyed his lack of fear and commitment.

few kerry men?? wtf ? The o se family on its own would probably have a bigger representation than any other county!

Galvin was one of the best at what he did. Like his nemesis Ricey he will never win any popularity contests but every other county in Ireland would have wanted him in their team.

lawnseed

Never was the same player since toaley "the waterboy" nearly took his head off.  ;)

Paul lost his speed happens to the best of us.. Happy retirement
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

under the bar

Great player.  He can throw all the dusters he likes now.

nrico2006

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 02, 2014, 10:14:42 AM
Is this really a thread for winding up the Kerry lads? One of the few Kerry lads? Even though they were the team of that decade, albeit with a bogey team?

A bogey team is a team who surprisingly always gets the better of a favourite.  Kerrys 'bogey' team as you call them beat all around them regularly in the decade in question.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

AZOffaly

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 03, 2014, 08:51:42 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on February 02, 2014, 10:14:42 AM

A bogey team is a team who surprisingly always gets the better of a favourite.  Kerrys 'bogey' team as you call them beat all around them regularly in the decade in question.

My definition of a bogey team is a team that for whatever reason or reasons, matchups, psychology, whatever, you cannot beat. Kerry won more All Irelands, and beat everyone else, apart from Tyrone. So yes, I think Tyrone were Kerry's bogey team. That doesn't mean Tyrone weren't a great side themselves. Of course they were.

To suggest that only a few of the team of the decade would make a combined 'team of the decade' is nuts.

ross matt

Genuinely sorry to see Paul retire. Top class athlete. As a footballer he worked on his weaknesses and improved as time went on. Should never have been taken off v the Dubs last season. I initially thought he was a pretentious fake but grew to admire him more and more as the years went on. To me this seems like a rushed decision..... for someone in his condition there is definitely a season or two still in the tank. However Galvin is his own man and has always been true to himself. I don't think we've seen the last of him in the public spotlight.......

tyssam5

Ball Hopper

If he was marking the Gooch in that challenge match, I can fully understand that it might not have gone too well.
[/quote]

Sources tell me Paul was marking Dathai Casey. 

orangeman

He's back..................... According to reports.

Great news.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: orangeman on February 25, 2014, 12:22:54 AM
He's back..................... According to reports.

Great news.

For the Kerry hurlers? He's a decent hurler
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea