lacrosse

Started by lawnseed, January 31, 2014, 09:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

Has anyone saw this? Maybe its been mentioned before but im thinking compromise rules for irelands hurlers. The shinty thing is the only real chance the hurlers get to represent ireland and its very low profile.
Picture canadian/US cheerleaders and all the razmataz that goes with challanging the yanks. Great chance for our lads to get some exposure. Maybe its been tried before? Could it work?
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

All of a Sludden

Take your face for a shite.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Give it a rest Lawnseed, buy yourself a boxset or take up jogging.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

lawnseed

Gabriel_Hurl

Lacrosse is a might game - I fail to see how it translates to hurling though

Eamonnca1

Lacrosse. Where the forwards stand in a circle around the goal passing the ball to each other. (You can't see who has the ball because it's hidden in one of the nets.) Occasionally one of them will try to take a shot at the goal that's not much bigger than the goalie.

I'll pass, thanks.

lawnseed

Not that many games played internationally co-relate to hurling getting another sport to 'compromise' isnt easy. Interesting history to lacrosse similar to the evolvement of hurling. It has a good high profile in north america. Who knows where this could go? Worth a punt?

Eamonnca1

Hardy

Things that make you go 'wtf' section.

Jinxy

This is like something Alan Partridge would pitch to the BBC.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

BennyHarp

Have you ever actually seen a lacrosse match or a hurling match, Lawnseed? The only similarity is that they both use sticks. Maybe we could try a hurling and golf compromise rules series?
That was never a square ball!!

armaghniac

Maybe a compromise with Bandy, perhaps Bandling or Hurly?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Eamonnca1

Bandy. Now there's a game worth watching! Ice hockey on a rink the size of a soccer pitch! I always find ice hockey looks a bit cramped in the small rink.

lawnseed

I suppose any game where there are fights would do