2014 Sigerson

Started by Any craic, January 28, 2014, 03:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: Rossfan on February 25, 2014, 03:41:17 PM
Quote from: ck on February 24, 2014, 11:40:34 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on February 22, 2014, 09:02:52 PM
Quote from: hardstation on February 22, 2014, 09:00:52 PM
It bores the balls off me tbh. It doesn't matter who wins it.
+1.

So why are you even on this thread if it bores you so much?
Because I can if I want to and secondly so that I can annoy lúders .....

So, anyone not agreeing with you that the Sigerson is shit is a "lúder"?  ::)
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Rossfan

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on February 25, 2014, 04:00:26 PM
+1.

No.
I would have thought that a Kerryman would be cute enough to see who I mean. ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: Rossfan on February 25, 2014, 05:22:36 PM
Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on February 25, 2014, 04:00:26 PM
+1.

No.
I would have thought that a Kerryman would be cute enough to see who I mean. ;)

Ah, I see.  ;D

Well, if its just that angle your on, then work away..but I was just responding to you saying Sigerson bored the balls off you...anyway, as you were.

shawshank

UUJ are a team of individuals, some greedy gits on that team, worst offenders are Donnelly and Clarke with Hughes the worst.

ck

Heard today that next years Sigerson may be moved to before Christmas. That will probably be the end of the colleges in the January county tournaments I would have thought.

Zulu

Where did you hear that? I doubt very much that is the case as I would imagine that something like that would have to be agreed at a fairly high level. The university competitions in Britain would have to be adjusted to have representatives for the Trench cup and that hasn't been proposed so I'd be shocked if a change of that magnitude is in the immediate future.

Syferus

Quote from: ck on February 25, 2014, 08:15:58 PM
Heard today that next years Sigerson will be moved to before Christmas. That will probably be the end of the colleges in the January county tournaments I would have thought.

Won't that technically be this year!? UUC win the title and UUJ just use their money to buy a second shot at the title..

ck

Yeah I guess there will be all sorts of implications should it go through. There is one college who has proposed it to Croke so all it will need is the backing of other colleges. Not sure if it will get that but who knows.

magpie seanie

I think this proposal has been mooted a while now. Was in part of the recommendations that came out along with the porposed moving of countres to other provinces?

Seems like common sense. Get the college football finished up before Christmas so the ridiculous county v. college stuff is ended. Exams will probably be thrown up as a reason against this I suppose (insert relevant joke/accusation here....)  :D

Zulu

There are many good reasons not to move Sigerson to pre-Christmasbut the point, and it should be for everything, is the Sigerson shouldn't be changed in isolation. Any changes to the University competitions should be made as part of an overall review of the season at every level. There is no one competition that's causing problems, every competition is feeding in to a season that makes less sense by the year.

Syferus

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 26, 2014, 03:43:41 PM
I think this proposal has been mooted a while now. Was in part of the recommendations that came out along with the porposed moving of countres to other provinces?

Seems like common sense. Get the college football finished up before Christmas so the ridiculous county v. college stuff is ended. Exams will probably be thrown up as a reason against this I suppose (insert relevant joke/accusation here....)  :D

A bunch of colleges have exams in January after Christmas rather than before so they can't use that as a reason against or even in general.

rodney trotter

How would fit it in with the Ryan Cup before Christmass? or do plan to scrap the League and just have the Sigerson. Some preparation that is.

Sidney

It bores the balls off me tbh. It doesn't matter who wins it, the talk is always about the same thing - who is pulling a flanker.
+2

Nobody outside those directly involved gives a shit about it.

Sidney

WIT's superior fitness today outwitted LIT in a match that lit up this year's Shitgibbon Cup semi-finals, certainly for the 15 people in attendance. They are now pitted against CIT, who shocked UCC, who presumably thought they'd have a bit to spare in their all-langer semi-final, by a point. Great to UCC's disrespect in breaking the rhyming theme of the tournament punished.

The WIT-CIT final is live tomorrow on TG4 and that should be a real ratings hit.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: Sidney on March 01, 2014, 12:46:25 AM
WIT's superior fitness today outwitted LIT in a match that lit up this year's Shitgibbon Cup semi-finals, certainly for the 15 people in attendance. They are now pitted against CIT, who shocked UCC, who presumably thought they'd have a bit to spare in their all-langer semi-final, by a point. Great to UCC's disrespect in breaking the rhyming theme of the tournament punished.

The WIT-CIT final is live tomorrow on TG4 and that should be a real ratings hit.

http://www.thescore.ie/lit-wit-fitzgibbon-cup-1338277-Feb2014/
Waterford IT defeat Limerick IT in epic Fitzgibbon Cup semi-final that features 43 scores

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=210648

Fitzgibbon Cup: WIT win amazing semi-final

Dry your eyes mate.