The 2014 Six Nations Thread

Started by screenexile, January 28, 2014, 10:09:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 10, 2014, 04:28:24 PM
It may be a poor enough return, but it's the best we can get at this stage, so rather than saying we should have 5 or 6 won, why not just concentrate on winning the one in front of us?

Now now AZ you should know better than to make sensible comments on here . . .

seafoid

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 10, 2014, 04:28:24 PM
It may be a poor enough return, but it's the best we can get at this stage, so rather than saying we should have 5 or 6 won, why not just concentrate on winning the one in front of us?
It would be great to win in France but BOD should have won more than 2.

AZOffaly

Shoulda, coulda, woulda. Forget the past, look to the future. Altogether now... Ommmmmmmmmm.

Syferus

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 10, 2014, 03:14:13 PM
Quote from: seafoid on March 10, 2014, 03:12:27 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on March 10, 2014, 12:49:43 PM
Be better than 1.
But even 2 would be a poor enough return IMO considering all the chances that went a-begging. France win an awful lot more jammy matches than Ireland ever do.

Usually against Ireland

How many titles would we have if not for Vincent Clerc alone? The margins were razor thin.

No better time to make the French hurt.

Estimator

Tommy Bowe playing for Ulster this weekend. So probably no real change to the match day squad apart from P O'M coming in. Speaking to a lot of English fans today, they reckon they have the title won already.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Asal Mor

France are 11/10 to win the game in Paris. Much as I hope we win the game and the championship, that's too good for me to turn down.

AZOffaly

Are Ireland actually favourites going into Paris?

Asal Mor

Yep, 5/6 with Paddy Power anyway. Seems a bit off to me.

AZOffaly

that must be a first time ever? I'd be very reluctant to call Ireland a favourite in a big game, away in Paris.

Syferus

Quote from: Asal Mor on March 12, 2014, 04:09:53 PM

You haven't watched France recently so!

Asal Mor

Quote from: Syferus on March 12, 2014, 05:11:33 PM
Quote from: Asal Mor on March 12, 2014, 04:09:53 PM

You haven't watched France recently so!

I haven't but I've heard they've been very poor. I still can't believe they're underdogs in Paris though. We'll find out on Saturday anyway. I still hope Ireland win but I don't believe it's more than 40% probable.

Never beat the deeler

This is an interesting article

http://www.thescore.ie/analysis-ireland-france-defence-1355909-Mar2014/

Murray Kinsella very good at breaking down and analysing technical aspects of a game / team.

Very good for someone like myself who has never played
Hasta la victoria siempre

Main Street

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on March 13, 2014, 04:46:06 AM

Murray Kinsella very good at breaking down and analysing technical aspects of a game / team.

That's an impressive beard by D'arcy (picture in that article).
I'm wondering has it improved his game or is it that I just notice more what he does on the pitch?

seafoid

Quote from: Main Street on March 13, 2014, 11:27:08 AM
Quote from: Never beat the deeler on March 13, 2014, 04:46:06 AM

That's an impressive beard by D'arcy (picture in that article).
I'm wondering has it improved his game or is it that I just notice more what he does on the pitch?
Beards seem to be coming back into fashion. Is D'Arcy more of a trend setter now than a line breaker ?

Estimator

Peter O'Mahony is back in the Ireland team for Saturday's crunch Six Nations game against France in Paris.

The flanker's return in place of Iain Henderson is the only change from the team that started against Italy.

With Henderson in the replacements, Rhys Ruddock drops out while Ian Madigan's versatility sees him edging out Paddy Jackson for a bench role.

Leinster utility back Madigan can play at full-back, centre and fly-half, and coach Joe Schmidt has opted to recall him to the squad while Jackson will play for Ulster against the Scarlets on Friday night.

Ireland: R Kearney (Leinster); A Trimble (Ulster), B O'Driscoll (Leinster), G D'Arcy (Leinster), D Kearney (Leinster); J Sexton (Racing Metro 92), C Murray (Munster); C Healy (Leinster), R Best (Ulster), M Ross (Leinster); D Toner (Leinster), P O'Connell (Munster); P O'Mahony (Munster), C Henry (Ulster), J Heaslip (Leinster).

Replacements: S Cronin (Leinster), J McGrath (Leinster), M Moore (Leinster), I Henderson (Ulster), J Murphy (Leinster), E Reddan (Leinster), I Madigan (Leinster), F McFadden (Leinster)
Ulster League Champions 2009