The 2014 Six Nations Thread

Started by screenexile, January 28, 2014, 10:09:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Well that was exciting, in the end, commentators would sicken your hole
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Dinny Breen

Loved the physicality in that game, tough lesson for England but what a try to win it.
#newbridgeornowhere

whitegoodman

If Ireland go their looking a grandslam or championship it will be a tough ask especially as the French are now likely to be looking the same.

Syferus

Quote from: whitegoodman on February 01, 2014, 07:02:08 PM
If Ireland go their looking a grandslam or championship it will be a tough ask especially as the French are now likely to be looking the same.

Wouldn't be at all confident of them beating Wales, even in this game France looked at sea for most of it. Consistency has never been their strong point. We take care of business at home the first two weeks and we can head to Twickenham ready to pile more pressure on England.

Capt Pat

Quote from: trileacman on February 01, 2014, 06:52:14 PM
swareski saved my hole there, French were very 2-dimensional, offered nil in the 2nd half until he straightened on the outside. Made that try, it was like watching a centre.

Good play from the hooker there Doing something a lot of the centres in both games couldn't accomplish. If you have an overlap straighten up and pass the ball on instead of running sideways Killing the space.

trileacman

We all have Forfana in our teams but he's not a good inside centre, similarly Bastereuad isnt a good outside centre. They just don't create or dictate the play, it's all smash smash smash. If the French yearn for the return of their glory years they need to find their new Jauzion. Think of how criminally underused Merdard and the full-back were in that game, can't remember them gaining a single yard. The ten looks capable and steady, not convinced by that scrum-half though, lots of room to improve.

Picamoles isn't all he's cracked up to be, England, the king of all the smash artist teams, have their equivalent Ben Morgan on the bench where he belongs. Nowhere near the player Harinodquay was, (and Hary had his faults too).
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Tony Baloney

Quote from: trileacman on February 01, 2014, 11:38:27 PM
We all have Forfana in our teams but he's not a good inside centre, similarly Bastereuad isnt a good outside centre. They just don't create or dictate the play, it's all smash smash smash. If the French yearn for the return of their glory years they need to find their new Jauzion. Think of how criminally underused Merdard and the full-back were in that game, can't remember them gaining a single yard. The ten looks capable and steady, not convinced by that scrum-half though, lots of room to improve.

Picamoles isn't all he's cracked up to be, England, the king of all the smash artist teams, have their equivalent Ben Morgan on the bench where he belongs. Nowhere near the player Harinodquay was, (and Hary had his faults too).
Glad I changed my kicker from Farrell to Ha'penny this morning. Vunipola put in a decent shift for anyone that has him on their team.

Capt Pat

I had Vunipola, I noticed he had two assists. Does anyone know who got man of the match in the England game?

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Capt Pat on February 02, 2014, 12:54:47 AM
I had Vunipola, I noticed he had two assists. Does anyone know who got man of the match in the England game?
Huget
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Capt Pat

Hardy

Not confident. Flaky 3/4 line with 5th and 6th choice wingers. No confidence in that second row. And against our bogey team.

Capt Pat

I thought France were our bogey team. Still its a big loss that we might struggle to overcome.

Hardy

France are  usually just better than us.  For me, Scotland a bogey team because they beat us when they shouldn't.

Orior

How long is Sexton allowed to stand still before kicking a penalty?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Orior on February 02, 2014, 03:49:37 PM
How long is Sexton allowed to stand still before kicking a penalty?
One minute.