The 2014 Six Nations Thread

Started by screenexile, January 28, 2014, 10:09:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

Disappointing news about Luke Marshall suffering yet another concussion. Apparently his 4th in this past year.

Any thoughts on potential sucessors to D'Arcy/BOD long term??

Fitzgerald/Earls/Henshaw/Payne (eligible next year) are the likely candidates.

How is Jordan Coughlan developing at Leinster? Did Schmidt switch him from blindside to centre following his excellent U20 JWC?

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: seafoid on March 01, 2014, 03:24:14 PM
http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/international/the-picture-the-irfu-didn-t-want-you-to-see-1.1708722

Gear grinders - didn't get past the first paragraph!!

QuoteSince beginning a series of columns for The Irish Times last month, Lynne Cantwell, Ireland's most capped women's rugby player, had nothing but triumphs to reflect on after a momentous 12 months for the national team, She has, though, also being giving a wonderful insight into the struggles the players have had to endure through the years to reach the level they have now attained.
Hasta la victoria siempre

Estimator

Ireland: R Kearney; A Trimble, B O'Driscoll, G D'Arcy, D Kearney; J Sexton, C Murray; C Healy, R Best, M Ross; D Toner, P O'Connell; I Henderson, C Henry, J Heaslip.

Replacements: S Cronin, J McGrath, M Moore, R Ruddock, J Murphy, E Reddan, P Jackson, F McFadden.

Zebo omitted again.  McFadden is really the only cover that Ireland have in the backs.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Hound

Quote from: Estimator on March 06, 2014, 03:22:46 PM
Ireland: R Kearney; A Trimble, B O'Driscoll, G D'Arcy, D Kearney; J Sexton, C Murray; C Healy, R Best, M Ross; D Toner, P O'Connell; I Henderson, C Henry, J Heaslip.

Replacements: S Cronin, J McGrath, M Moore, R Ruddock, J Murphy, E Reddan, P Jackson, F McFadden.

Zebo omitted again.  McFadden is really the only cover that Ireland have in the backs.
Most teams only ever have one player covering the outside back positions.
McFadden covers centre and wings. Dave Kearney covers full back. Two injuries causes a problem, but that's the way it goes.

Zebo has edged closer this time, even if it took an injury to Felix Jones. Depending on how he did this week in training, he could still get a bench place next week (if DK, Kearney or McFadden disappoint).

Interesting that Ruddock got the bench spot ahead of Ryan and McCarthy. Suggests we'll see Henderson switched to lock at some stage during the game.

Feckitt

Iain Henderson starts for Ireland.  You know you're getting old, when International Lock forwards look like childer.

seafoid

The Irish Times videos where Gerry Thornley analyses the games are very good, I think

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/ireland-to-do-it-for-that-bloke-o-driscoll-1.1717023

trileacman

I'm sick of this O'Driscoll shite, has everyone forgotten there is a match on or that we're playing for a championship. f**k me, he's a retiring rugby player he didn't invent the f**king wheel.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Syferus

Quote from: trileacman on March 08, 2014, 02:10:17 PM
I'm sick of this O'Driscoll shite, has everyone forgotten there is a match on or that we're playing for a championship. f**k me, he's a retiring rugby player he didn't invent the f**king wheel.

You should tell Italy there's a match to be played too because they've clearly forgotten given their starting line-up.

Only interesting aspect of today is BOD. Back in your box.

seafoid

Poor enough last 10 mins and Italy score a try.
they'll have to do better.

Tony Baloney

Italy not too shabby, Ireland poor. Big Baby-Face Henderson looks like he'll be a keeper.

seafoid

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 08, 2014, 03:10:34 PM
Italy not too shabby, Ireland poor. Big Baby-Face Henderson looks like he'll be a keeper.
BOD had 3 nice passes for the tries. 20 points isn't a bad difference if they can hold it. 
England - Wales is going to be a belter.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: seafoid on March 08, 2014, 04:03:51 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 08, 2014, 03:10:34 PM
BOD had 3 nice passes for the tries. 20 points isn't a bad difference if they can hold it. 
England - Wales is going to be a belter.
Big turnaround in the second-half. Big one in Paris!

seafoid

Not a bad day at the office.
+ 81 points difference

Main Street

You can shove the triple crown where the sun don't shine if there's a championship to be won.
France are at 6's and 7's

The Scots are getting a lot of milage out of Gordon McQueen.