Na fir na Mí agus na fir Gaillimhe. Tá cluiche peile san Uaimh, De Domhnaigh.

Started by thejuice, January 28, 2014, 09:45:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Well let's see how this goes. Will be very interesting to see who starts out of the 32 that played in the OByrne Cup. Definitely think we can win this one. if we don't win all our home games, it'll be hard to see us in the battle for promotion.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

orangeman

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

thejuice

seafoid

I hope Galway continue with the progress they made last year when they dumped a heavily favoured and deeply dysfunctional Armagh out the door mid July.  Some good young lads coming through.
Meath are something similar, without the underage success  ;)
A good way from the glory days of Meath- Kerry-Galway- all Ireland  iterations, no longer fixated on manager messiahs, little bit of humble, little bit of cautious.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: thejuice on January 28, 2014, 11:11:01 AM
More or less that's what I was trying to say.

Hi no wonder people get nervous speaking Irish, you made a decent effort and get criticised. Coinnigh ag dul!

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

seafoid

Quote from: Jinxy on January 28, 2014, 12:00:49 PM
I hate everything about Galway.
I am not mad about the accent but I love Meath especially at 2 to 1 on
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mftE3kDIYBk

seafoid

Great matches really

Especially the sight of a Donnellan in full flow and the green waves parting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE_maOQWTOk

GalwayBayBoy

No Meehan for the first 2 league games anyway. Maybe more. Inflicted with 4 away games yet again this year. Very tight looking division 2 as you could make a decent case why nearly every side could get either promoted or relegated. Meath away and Donegal at home first up for us. Really need to win one of those games or else you are really battling to stay up after.

seafoid

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 28, 2014, 01:26:19 PM
No Meehan for the first 2 league games anyway. Maybe more. Inflicted with 4 away games yet again this year. Very tight looking division 2 as you could make a decent case why nearly every side could get either promoted or relegated. Meath away and Donegal at home first up for us. Really need to win one of those games or else you are really battling to stay up after.
GBB - tuigim ach..

Meath are up from DIVISION THREE FFS.

They won't be used to the dignity, technical expertise and elegance of D2 .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCge-suZLWw

Last year they were getting beaten around the head by Roscommon and Fermanagh.
They'll still be traumatised by their treatment at the hands of the other teams and they never went so low before.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVJi2QLQfgc
there may be some residual self esteem issues as well.

mouview

Both Galway teams, (but the hurlers in particular), are  to me starting to resemble the Irish soccer team; you look at them and you suddenly wonder what exactly is there of any use (with 1 or 2 exceptions of course). Neither managers inspire confidence also, as both have been unable to settle on a fixed team, especially with the central positions. JC, like his wonderful sibling Ollie, looks destined never to win the big prize.

muppet

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 28, 2014, 11:51:02 AM
Quote from: thejuice on January 28, 2014, 11:11:01 AM
More or less that's what I was trying to say.

Hi no wonder people get nervous speaking Irish, you made a decent effort and get criticised. Coinnigh ag dul!

Maith thú!
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Quote from: mouview on January 28, 2014, 04:10:44 PM
Both Galway teams, (but the hurlers in particular), are  to me starting to resemble the Irish soccer team; you look at them and you suddenly wonder what exactly is there of any use (with 1 or 2 exceptions of course). Neither managers inspire confidence also, as both have been unable to settle on a fixed team, especially with the central positions. JC, like his wonderful sibling Ollie, looks destined never to win the big prize.

Sometimes Mo you remind me of Statler and Waldorf   ;)
JC was minor in 06 so he has a while left
Cunningham reminds me of Horan.
A few game plans and the ability to change as needs dictate would go a long way

I think the fuballers made a reasonable stab at it last year but D2 redux is most likely